NEurope
Slaggis

That Old Guy

So what if Dom says that his god has told him that his version of pope-free Catholicism is "correct"?

Then it's no longer Catholicism. :)

The kids in your school sound like muppets.

Being gay is unnatural but I wouldn't say it was in any way, whatsoever, harmful to peace.

Of course apart from when people get rather annoyed at each other for not agreeing. But you know, what's new.

Then it's no longer Catholicism. :)

The kids in your school sound like muppets.

How is it not? surely the purpose of any christian religion is to believe in God? I dislike this Pope as i said, but that doesn't make me not Catholic does it? I'm a practising one too, i just defer alittle at points. Surely you don't believe everything church tells you?

and yes, they are muppets

Being gay is unnatural

Is it?

The American Academy of Pediatrics has stated, "Sexual orientation probably is not determined by any one factor but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences."

The American Psychological Association has stated that "there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people". However, it states that (for most people), sexual orientation is determined at an early age.

How is it not? surely the purpose of any christian religion is to believe in God? I dislike this Pope as i said, but that doesn't make me not Catholic does it? I'm a practising one too, i just defer alittle at points. Surely you don't believe everything church tells you?

and yes, they are muppets

That is the basic gist but Christian religion splits on some details.

Just like Odwin said a catholic that does not listen to the pope is not a catholic

(excuse but my Theology is kinda rusty) they are know as protesants

Is it?

The American Academy of Pediatrics has stated, "Sexual orientation probably is not determined by any one factor but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences."

The American Psychological Association has stated that "there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people". However, it states that (for most people), sexual orientation is determined at an early age.

That was very enlightening but my opinion still stands.

I don't mean any offense to homosexuals by saying it's unnatural.

Thats not the only thing that will get ripped if ya know what I mean.

And it's not the only "explosion" that will happen.

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican on Wednesday condemned the film "The Golden Compass," which some have called anti-Christian, saying it promotes a cold and hopeless world without God.

In a long editorial, the Vatican newspaper l'Osservatore Romano, also slammed Philip Pullman, the bestselling author of the book on which the family fantasy movie is based.

It was the Vatican's most stinging broadside against an author and a film since it roundly condemned "The Da Vinci Code" in 2005 and 2006.

"In Pullman's world, hope simply does not exist, because there is no salvation but only personal, individualistic capacity to control the situation and dominate events," the editorial said.

The film, which premiered earlier this month in the United States and stars Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, is an adaptation of Pullman's acclaimed novel "Northern Lights".

The Vatican newspaper said "honest" viewers would find it "devoid of any particular emotion apart from a great chill."

In the fantasy world created by Pullman's trilogy, 'His Dark Materials', the Church and its governing body the Magisterium, are linked to cruel experiments on children aimed at discovering the nature of sin and attempts to suppress facts that would undermine the Church's legitimacy and power.

In the film version all references to the Church have been stripped out, with director Chris Weitz keen to avoid offending religious cinema goers.

They just get worse.

Yes. Part of the story is set in the Arctic. It's cold there. Well noticed, Mr. Vatican Spokesman.

Piss off Benedict. I watched it today and it was pretty good, the Vatican has no rights to condemn films (fictional films none-the-less) because they feel it's not supportive enough of religion.

Piss off Benedict. I watched it today and it was pretty good, the Vatican has no rights to condemn films (fictional films none-the-less) because they feel it's not supportive enough of religion.

Exactly, QFT.

They really need to grow up and start talking about the big problems in the world, not some movie that has the slightest anti religious undertone (I know the book is obviously anti, but the movie has had most of the church stuff removed).

They need to grow the hell up, fast.

In the film version all references to the Church have been stripped out, with director Chris Weitz keen to avoid offending religious cinema goers.

And yet it's criticised anyway. They should have just reproduced the books faithfully.