• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get into Xi more..I've not played a lot of it but found it so curious and interesting, something very different.

Yeah, it's just a bit different. I love how varied it is. Like the text adventure today was just something I would never consider fun, and at first I thought it was a bit if a chug but I did enjoy it by the end. Going past the coded billboard at Waterloo brought a smile to my face, it was a bit weird but cool. Some of the mini games are also fun, Maximum Tilt with the SIXAXIS is my favourite, and from what I can tell we are only about 1/5 or so into it.

Plus, it's free! :heh:

If anyone needs help getting up to speed, just ask me. :smile:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps3-outsells-wii-during-march-in-japan

good news for sony fans and anyone who doesn't want to feel like they are backing a losing horse;

PS3 outsells Wii during March in Japan

Yakuza 3 and Resident Evil 5 helped the PlayStation 3 outsell the Wii in Japan during March for the first time in 16 months.

Sony's flagship console notched up 146,948 sales while Nintendo's premier platform managed 99,335 sales, according to Enterbrain figures posted on Reuters. Behind, but not embarrassingly so, was Microsoft's Xbox 360 with 43,172 sales.

The aforementioned games - Yakuza 3 and Resident Evil 5 - take home first and second place, respectively, in the software stakes. The other key titles are not disclosed.

Whether PS3 can maintain momentum without key releases remains to be seen, although KOEI's Warriors Orochi Z picked up the slack last week.

I started to sit down and play with Home today (Never really touched it before), and I really enjoyed it xD

Just relaxing, went to the mall and got those free Watchman items and clothes, then hit over to the Threatre to watch some Max Payne making of thingie...

Just downloading the "hub" at the moment... Home is pretty awesome.

I started to sit down and play with Home today (Never really touched it before), and I really enjoyed it xD

Just relaxing, went to the mall and got those free Watchman items and clothes, then hit over to the Threatre to watch some Max Payne making of thingie...

Just downloading the "hub" at the moment... Home is pretty awesome.

Well now its not that bad. Needed time for content to come. Previously there wasnt anything. Seems like its getting stronger.

Check out the US and JP Home as well. They have a ton of things we dont get.

So i'm off to get a new PS3 game tomorrow and it's gonna be one of the music ones, GHWT or RB2. Thing is I can't decide which. The songs lists are both pretty awesome, though i'm leaning slightly more towards GHWT at the moment. I'm thinking GHWT at the moment due to the drums, they looks so much better than the RB ones. Adding to it is the fact that HMX have yet to release the RB2 instruments over her, we're still stuck with the original ones.

So i'm off to get a new PS3 game tomorrow and it's gonna be one of the music ones, GHWT or RB2. Thing is I can't decide which. The songs lists are both pretty awesome, though i'm leaning slightly more towards GHWT at the moment. I'm thinking GHWT at the moment due to the drums, they looks so much better than the RB ones. Adding to it is the fact that HMX have yet to release the RB2 instruments over her, we're still stuck with the original ones.

I've got the fulll band kit for GHWT and it's pretty darn good - love the Guitar. Also have Rock Band 2 and it works with band kit. Both well worth getting!

About time you got a new game - you havent been on your PS3 in 44 days:heh::heh::heh:

Edited by Cookyman

I will finally be getting my 18 quid Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock next week as my mate from Bolton who has it is coming to visit, so I'll likely be picking up Rock Band 2 at some point...

But first things first...I finally have to upgrade my hard drive...I've got to the point where I'm having to delete Game Data when I want to install new Game Data and its just getting on my tits plus will likely be getting plenty of Rock Band DLC so need to have the space!

Remember lot of people citing this play.com WD offering as good value for money, so I'm gonna get this one, yay or nah?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3516598/-/Product.html?searchstring=+Western+Digital+Scorpio+WD3200BEVT+320GB+25+Internal+SATA+Hard+Drive+&searchsource=0

But first things first...I have to upgrade my hard drive...I've got to the point where I'm having to delete Game Data when I want to install new Game Data and its just getting on my tits plus will likely be getting plenty of Rock Band DLC so need to have the space!

Remember lot of people citing this play.com WD offering as good value for money, so I'm gonna get this one, yay or nah?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3516598/-/Product.html?searchstring=+Western+Digital+Scorpio+WD3200BEVT+320GB+25+Internal+SATA+Hard+Drive+&searchsource=0

Same as mine - works fine so yah!

Edited by Cookyman

awesome going to order it when I get paid...gonna pick up rock band 2 soon enough as well so we can play...

Got the same drive a while ago. Works perfectly. Just be careful with how you handle the screws for the drive as they are difficult to unscrew and the bit that meets the screwdriver, can erode easily.

Anyways, bought a couple of hard drive enclosures, one for me for my old ps3 hard drive, and one for a friend. His ps3 broke (wont turn on and when it does, the fan yells loudly then the machine switches off so i think its the fan) so to rescue his game saves and everything else, I thought it would be wise to get these.

Firstly, turns out that one of them is an IDE enclosure rather than SATA. Very annoying that I somehow missed that. Secondly, the ps3 does not detect my mates hard drive at all, while windows says its the drive is installed perfectly and that I can remove safely. Wont appear in 'Computer' (vista) Haven't tested mine yet but the main point was to save my mates stuf.

Anyone have any tips.

I've got the fulll band kit for GHWT and it's pretty darn good - love the Guitar. Also have Rock Band 2 and it works with band kit. Both well worth getting!

About time you got a new game - you havent been on your PS3 in 44 days:heh::heh::heh:

I will definitely be on this week. No work for a week, I just need to get some new games. I've completed MGS4, Madden is more a pick up and play and I'm kinda bored of GTA5 (done about half of it, will finish it eventually.)

I think im gonna get GHWT, the drums just look awesome with the cymbols and the fact it works with Rock Band is an added plus.

Got the same drive a while ago. Works perfectly. Just be careful with how you handle the screws for the drive as they are difficult to unscrew and the bit that meets the screwdriver, can erode easily.

Anyways, bought a couple of hard drive enclosures, one for me for my old ps3 hard drive, and one for a friend. His ps3 broke (wont turn on and when it does, the fan yells loudly then the machine switches off so i think its the fan) so to rescue his game saves and everything else, I thought it would be wise to get these.

Firstly, turns out that one of them is an IDE enclosure rather than SATA. Very annoying that I somehow missed that. Secondly, the ps3 does not detect my mates hard drive at all, while windows says its the drive is installed perfectly and that I can remove safely. Wont appear in 'Computer' (vista) Haven't tested mine yet but the main point was to save my mates stuf.

Anyone have any tips.

If you want an enclosure - I bought this for my 80GB drive - Spire MiniPod III 2.5" External USB 2.0/SATA Hard Drive Enclosure

Ignore the review it works fine.

Edited by Cookyman

Anyone have any tips.

you need to assign drive manually.i'll explain once i am free. Not suuure about ps3. is it a two usb solution?

you need to assign drive manually.i'll explain once i am free. Not suuure about ps3. is it a two usb solution?

Yeah did this after doing some hunting on amazon for reviews from other like buyers. Here is the one I bought that actually works: Flashy looking HD enclosure.

The cable that comes with it has a USB to USB option as well as the mini usb. Just got one of the cables that came with the ps3 accessories that I have and used that instead

Problem now is that windows wants to format it :S I need to save the stuff on this drive not erase it! So am formatting my drive, and gonna see if I can use some software to recover what was there. If this works, then I will go ahead and do the same for Doncartel's. Ah yeah, he is the unfortunate mate. He needs to get this done by tomorrow really as Sony will pick up the broken one on Thursday.

Yeah did this after doing some hunting on amazon for reviews from other like buyers. Here is the one I bought that actually works: Flashy looking HD enclosure.

The cable that comes with it has a USB to USB option as well as the mini usb. Just got one of the cables that came with the ps3 accessories that I have and used that instead

Problem now is that windows wants to format it :S I need to save the stuff on this drive not erase it! So am formatting my drive, and gonna see if I can use some software to recover what was there. If this works, then I will go ahead and do the same for Doncartel's. Ah yeah, he is the unfortunate mate. He needs to get this done by tomorrow really as Sony will pick up the broken one on Thursday.

Sounds tricky this.

The PS3 uses a custom filesystem so windows naturally will ask for formating. The place to do backup is in the PS3. Have you tried the emergency startup screen? I think its keep the power button pressed or with eject (need to check google).

Fans loudly could be an issue thats to do with the chipset. Talk to Sony urgently about not being able to access the harddrive for backup. The harddrive will be locked to that specific PS3 only.

edit: Service menu:

Hmm not sure if this will help, since the 2.5 update the PS3 has a Recovery menu with the following options

• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.

• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.

• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.

• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.

• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.

• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System

maybe the rebuild database, restore file system or restore defaults option may get you back to the normal mode, worth a try

to get access to it

1. make sure the PS3 is turned off,

2 .press and hold the power button on the PS3 it will power on then power off.

3. when it's off press and hold the power button again until you hear two consecutive beeps.

4. it will ask for the controller to be connected via the USB cable,

5.turn on the controller and you will have access to the menu.

hope this helps you

Sounds like a prior backup is needed and the loud fan is not software anyway. Hopefully you and Doncartel can keep the data! As i said talk to Sony about the data and see what they can do.

Sounds tricky this.

The PS3 uses a custom filesystem so windows naturally will ask for formating. The place to do backup is in the PS3. Have you tried the emergency startup screen? I think its keep the power button pressed or with eject (need to check google).

Fans loudly could be an issue thats to do with the chipset. Talk to Sony urgently about not being able to access the harddrive for backup. The harddrive will be locked to that specific PS3 only.

edit: Service menu:

Sounds like a prior backup is needed and the loud fan is not software anyway. Hopefully you and Doncartel can keep the data! As i said talk to Sony about the data and see what they can do.

He called sony twice. They pretty much said there was nothing they could do. If I used the above method, would that not put my HD at jeopardy? Can't really back up stuff on mine either as I have filled it to more than I can backup. And time is running out as I really need to sleep =S

He called sony twice. They pretty much said there was nothing they could do. If I used the above method, would that not put my HD at jeopardy? Can't really back up stuff on mine either as I have filled it to more than I can backup. And time is running out as I really need to sleep =S

Thing is the fan thing sounds like a chipset issue. Its what pc's do anyway. I dont think a backup can be done now :/

You need your PS3 working for that and to reach the backup menu. A working hdd in another ps3 wont work. Your best luck is if Sony find its a simple fix and the HDD runs the stuff on it as usual.

Did they say take the HDD out?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!