NEurope
ReZourceman

Sonic & Mario....Start of a franchise?

So, the Olympics game has just been released. If its popular maybe it will become a franchise!

I would love to see, first and foremost a quality tag team adventure game, or platform game. Other additions I see as being awesome are sports games. I think a game like ;

Mario & Sonic Snowboarding

would be a fantastic title.

Thoughts?

Great topic. Heres hoping for a Mario & Sonic: Do Drugs game... I kid.

But, tbh, I reckon they'll just pile more of the quick and 'nasty' mini compiliation and sports stuff. A Mario and Sonic in a platformer would be god-like, though I don't see how the to styles of platforming can merge together. I foresee Mario & Sonic Soccer etc.

Mario & Sonic in.....Erotic Dancing.

You heard it here first.

I could see the some new Mario Sports titles with Sonic and Co in them.

I think the retro 2D games would be interesting with Mario and Sonic. But some elements in there from each game and it would be interesting. I mean Mario in Greenhill with some Toads and Princess Peaches' castle in the background would be interesting. Or even Sonic speeding by Mushroom Kingdom Collecting Coins/Rings ready to take on Bowser.

Could be fun.

Mario and Sonic... CHESS!

Rockin' :heh: Would be better as a board game though; like the Nintendo Monopoly, which is actually Mario Monopoly.:heh:

Anyway; A Mario & Sonic platformer could work quite well, just so long as Nintendo's in charge. It'd just be getting the feel of Sonic right n then it'd be easier I expect (Alex Kidd should make an apperance of some sort too).

.....Sonic in Mario Kart?;)

I really hope that this is the start of a Sonic & Mario franchise. If S&M at the Olympics (lol, that sounds wrong :heh:) does well, which it probably will, I see no reason for there not to be.

Besides, Sonic is already in Brawl, so maybe it has already started....

Mario and Sonic Kart, Mario and Sonic Golf... the possibilities are endless. Mario and Sonic Party??

Ideally we would like some kind of Mario and Sonic Galaxy...!

NOW A Kingdom Hearts-like game within the Nintendo (Mario) and Sonic (or Sega) world, I'd die for.

a Nintendo only one would be best to start with...Then the sequel could join the 2 together.

I don't like that Nintendo has started to include sonic. It feels like a crap attempt to get more sales. I don't mind that he's in brawl... mainly because you can smack him :P

Hopefully no more games with them both in, in my opinion.

I dont think its a crap attempt to get more sales.

Mario and Sonic do teh olimpeeks is a joing effort, and in fact made by Sega.

And his presence in Brawl is what an overwhelming amount of fans wanted to see.

I don't like that Nintendo has started to include sonic. It feels like a crap attempt to get more sales. I don't mind that he's in brawl... mainly because you can smack him :P

I sorta agree. Sonic doesnt really belong in Mario games. Ya get that feeling in M&S, especially when playing the Dream Events

Would either company need this new franchise?

Mario games still sell well as do Sonic games.

Personally i would prefer a new Mario game over a joint venture.

Pssst...."Super Mario Galaxy"

;)

No, Mario games do well. Sonic games...not so much

No, Mario games do well. Sonic games...not so much

On that basis you wouldn't want Sonic bringing Mario down. Actually comparing the two 'universes', Sonic's world is fairly weak. Characters like Cream (lol) and Amy are just 'meh'. It also contains 'human-sized' humans which sort of run counter to Mario's world. The music is pretty dire too; generic rock, while Koji Kondo and co has the ability to arrange a new masterpiece in every game.

Compare this to Mario's World of goombas, koopers etc and the environmental diversity. Also Mario's extensive world such as Delfino. I retract my aforementioned statement, and actually would not want to see a Mario-Sonic world merger game - Sonic will bring it down for sure.

On that basis you wouldn't want Sonic bringing Mario down. Actually comparing the two 'universes', Sonic's world is fairly weak. Characters like Cream (lol) and Amy are just 'meh'. It also contains 'human-sized' humans which sort of run counter to Mario's world. The music is pretty dire too; generic rock, while Koji Kondo and co has the ability to arrange a new masterpiece in every game.

Compare this to Mario's World of goombas, koopers etc and the environmental diversity. Also Mario's extensive world such as Delfino. I retract my aforementioned statement, and actually would not want to see a Mario-Sonic world merger game - Sonic will bring it down for sure.

Mario has has it's fair share of awful creations, too (Characters, Plot, Games, Levels, etc). It's just that people point them out more in Sonic (as for no good reason it's "cool" to hate Sonic).

Mario has has it's fair share of awful creations, too (Characters, Plot, Games, Levels, etc). It's just that people point them out more in Sonic (as for no good reason it's "cool" to hate Sonic).

Im not one of them however; I started my gaming life with a Master System and Sonic built inside. :P

The clear difference in characters is that Nintendo actual give some character to their creations, Wario/Waluigi has so much more character than Cream, Amy and imo even Tails and knuckles. No doubt Mario games has its flaws, and I am usually the first person to lament on them. But comparing the two franchises, Mario wins by a 'landslido' (inside Heroes joke..:/).

The clear difference in characters is that Nintendo actual give some character to their creations, Wario/Waluigi has so much more character than Cream, Amy and imo even Tails and knuckles.

Wario, yes. He has more personality than Mario himself. Waluigi..he has less personality than a stone.

Wario, yes. He has more personality than Mario himself. Waluigi..he has less personality than a stone.

I thought the same, but after seeing his antics in Mario Strikers, he has character.

Agreed 100% it's good to have things such as Mario and Sonic as such but why was sonic good back in the days again? Oh thats right, it had nothing in common with the mario franchise besides it being a platform game. Thats why adding them is like with desert, you like it to start off with, but when you keep having more and more and more you get sick of it.

Wii Ware remake of Donkey Kong with Sonic also playable in the game. 100+ levels of intense barrel evasion to rescue Peach and Tails...

HAHAHAHA.....Wario and Waluigi both have AWESOME character; a Wario & Waluigi should have a game of their own; they make an awesome double act "Mr. Eyeballs".