NEurope

I'm currently downloading the first series of the IT crowd, the first episode of Crystal Maze, considering getting Skins and a bunch of derren brown too.

They've also got black books, spaced, adam and joe, brass eye, the comic strip, shamless. They've got brookside, documentaries... allsorts!

4od from Channel4 is all about free telly. Mostly.

As a celebration of their 25th anniversary they've updated their servers with a whole bunch of programmes you can watch for free for a limited period. You can download to watch later, or stream them. The download will only be active for about 28 days.

I've just downloaded this program and haven't watched anything yet - but I think the videos are fairly small- but it's a good chance to catch up on some classic tv series. I wholeheartedly recommend people watch The Comic strip. Seminal stuff.

Once the promotio is over, I think the idea is that you can watch anything they've shown on TV within the last 7 days for free. You can also 'rent' older programs and films for a small price. Definitely a good way for tv to go, if you ask me.

I've been watching loads of the free stuff, it's great. I've watched a few things I've missed on TV on 4OD too.

I'm currently downloading the first series of the IT crowd, the first episode of Crystal Maze, considering getting Skins and a bunch of derren brown too.

They've also got black books, spaced, adam and joe, brass eye, the comic strip, shamless. They've got brookside, documentaries... allsorts!

4od from Channel4 is all about free telly. Mostly.

As a celebration of their 25th anniversary they've updated their servers with a whole bunch of programmes you can watch for free for a limited period. You can download to watch later, or stream them. The download will only be active for about 28 days.

I've just downloaded this program and haven't watched anything yet - but I think the videos are fairly small- but it's a good chance to catch up on some classic tv series. I wholeheartedly recommend people watch The Comic strip. Seminal stuff.

Once the promotio is over, I think the idea is that you can watch anything they've shown on TV within the last 7 days for free. You can also 'rent' older programs and films for a small price. Definitely a good way for tv to go, if you ask me.

Man, this sounds so cool. I want to see more Black Books and the IT Crowd (they stopped showing those here). But apparently you have to live in the UK or Ireland to be able to download them. Bah. =(

nope :( not for macs yet.

EEnuh... maybe if you find a british postcode, it will work?

nope :( not for macs yet.

EEnuh... maybe if you find a british postcode, it will work?

I didn't have to put in a postcode anywhere though? If that would be possible, I'd love to try it. =O

Won't even let me make an account though...

Awesome, thanks. I've had it for ages but there's nothing I really watch on Channel 4 at the moment - didn't know almost everything is on it for free at the moment!

Downloading the IT Crowd at the moment. Probably get some Black Books later on, heard that's meant to be really funny.

I'd use this, but it slows down your computer and you can't stop it running.

Annoying thing. Ah well, I hardly watch TV anyway, and don't even have one here...

I'd use this, but it slows down your computer and you can't stop it running.

Annoying thing. Ah well, I hardly watch TV anyway, and don't even have one here...

Erm..you can stop it running on your pc, you just right click on the icon on the taskbar and shut it down. Or am I missing something? (Apologies if I'm being a dumbass)

That's what I thought, Haggis. Just checked my Process Manager and there's no sign of 4oD.

Erm..you can stop it running on your pc, you just right click on the icon on the taskbar and shut it down. Or am I missing something? (Apologies if I'm being a dumbass)

Hmm, my dad told me it didn't stop, unless you aborted the process, which made it crash in horrible ways. Still, I won't bother with it for now.

That's what I thought, Haggis. Just checked my Process Manager and there's no sign of 4oD.

The process is called Kontiki if I remember correctly. If you just end it it will end there and then. Kontiki make both 4OD and BBC iPlayer.

If you want to use iPlayer in Vista go for the classic Google search "BBC iPlayer Vista" and there are plenty of instructions on how to get it working. :)

Seen this 4oD, but it doesn't interest me at the moment as my PC doesn't have enough RAM to support it and the Internet at the same time. Must really up my RAM, can't even play PC games and listen to music at the same time.