NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

NFL UK

Did anyone see the new york giants play miami dolphins on BBC2 just now?

I used to be interested in the game when early saturday mornings produced an hour of american football.

It was quite exciting - definately better without all the adverts typically associated with the american sport.

What do people think of the game?

Yeah just saw it...As an athlete, sometimes I think about aiming for NFL stardom, the amount of pay they get is mindboggling, America has all the chips. Wish football had those cheerleaders...Would sort of counter the arse slapping the men do.

NFL is fucking cool, man. I should have watched this for sure, but forgot. :(

Stefkov how was it :D Was the atmosphere anything like it can be in America?

I watched the game, NFL is awesome. I'm so getting tickets for this next year if its done! :D

Atmosphere was great. Apart from the blatant retards sat behind us.

They pissed me off.

But the crowd was loud, nearer the end of the game it got a bit quiet.

The players started to try and pump the crowd. Everyone got noisier.

For the coin flick John Terry was there; boos commenced. Then Lewis Hamilton was there; cheers.

The Feeling did the half time show. Wasn't spectacular.

Game was a bit of a let down, bit low scoring, although the Dolphins getting a touchdown after the 2 minute warning was exciting.

I did not see it (nor no it was going on really) but read about it in the paper earlier. But did wonder why don't we have cheerleaders, that would make life more fun. But as far as the game, um no didn't watch. May have casually watched if I had known it were on.

i did watch it,i tried watching it when i was in america but the adverts put me off too much, still, was a good game, my friend went to see it and said the whole thing went for fast, i wish i had gone =(

Makes me wanna get my original Xbox out, and play some ESPN NFL 2K5 on it. Wish they'd add that shit to the BC already. :(

I saw a couple of minutes of it, seemed interesting.

Me and my mate think they should host a MLB game at wembly sometime (they can always cover some of the turf to get the baseball field shape)

I saw a couple of minutes of it, seemed interesting.

Me and my mate think they should host a MLB game at wembly sometime (they can always cover some of the turf to get the baseball field shape)

but they need the walls and stuff, honestly i think they would need a whole stadium built to house baseball

I think League games should stay in their respecptive home stadiums. Think of the poor bastard who had to come over just to watch the team play.

Imagine going to America to see your local Rugby or Football team play. Bollocks to that, the NFL aren't thinking of the teams local fan groups. But instead of the smell of the green.

but they need the walls and stuff, honestly i think they would need a whole stadium built to house baseball

Oh right i forgot Wembley has no walls ;)

Nah i know what you mean, but surely they cover up a bit of turf, erect (heh) a couple of poles, there aren't really any necessary extra things.

I think League games should stay in their respecptive home stadiums. Think of the poor bastard who had to come over just to watch the team play.

Imagine going to America to see your local Rugby or Football team play. Bollocks to that, the NFL aren't thinking of the teams local fan groups. But instead of the smell of the green.

It was only one game though, a one off thing to show England a bit of NFL.

Nobody HAD to go anywhere.

Oh right i forgot Wembley has no walls ;)

you know what i mean! the stadiums are specially designed for baseball and it would be hard to move that into one made for football/rugby

It was only one game though, a one off thing to show England a bit of NFL.

Nobody HAD to go anywhere.

I suppose its different across the pond where fans don't travel home and away (due to massive distance). Over here sport teams have some pretty hardcore followings, home and away, rain or shine. Going abroad, for what should be a home league fixture, thats right, home. In front of a majority of local support. Just isn't going to be the same abroad.

Exhibition and friendly games were invented to allow non-local supporters a chance to see teams. Thats why the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea go to America in the summer. League games, need to stay at home.

Do you know how big the fanbase is in England/Great Britain for the sport?

Wembley can hold 90,000 ish. 81,000 turned up.

Some people behind us were from Wales and I saw a flag I'm pretty sure was Ireland.

The fanbase is huge. I for one am glad they brought it over here.

Maybe its me being an elitist arsehole. But, local passionate fans > day trippers.

I suppose its different across the pond where fans don't travel home and away (due to massive distance). Over here sport teams have some pretty hardcore followings, home and away, rain or shine. Going abroad, for what should be a home league fixture, thats right, home. In front of a majority of local support. Just isn't going to be the same abroad.

Exhibition and friendly games were invented to allow non-local supporters a chance to see teams. Thats why the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea go to America in the summer. League games, need to stay at home.

i guess maybe financial-wise, tehy were covering their bases. They'd still be getting the normal revenue from their american sponsors this way.

My parents arrived home from the states on Friday apparently there were a shit load of Dolphins fans flying over on their plane. In another note a guy at work claims he went but he's king of bullshitting so I don't know he claims a couple of footballers came on for a play or something anyone know?

John Terry came on to you know..be there for publicity. So was Lewis Hamilton.

No-one played football on the pitch, although a streaker did come on...

A bit late to the party I know , but I tend to stay out of the general chat forums.

I agree entirely with those sentiments and that was the reason I didn't go as I didn't want to support the event , that and the fact that I have been banned from the forums at nfluk (oops) meant that getting tickets would have been difficult anyway.

The game itself was a real let down and this was mainly down to the state of the field , also likely that the teams would struggle anyway as their weekly preps would have been interupted by the travel plans. I have also heard from some that went that the atmosphere was tepid at best so a bit of an embarrassment all round.

I really hope that the NFL decide to abandon this whole idea. When I go to watch an NFL game I should be expected to travel to it and not the other way round.

A bit late to the party I know , but I tend to stay out of the general chat forums.

I agree entirely with those sentiments and that was the reason I didn't go as I didn't want to support the event , that and the fact that I have been banned from the forums at nfluk (oops) meant that getting tickets would have been difficult anyway.

The game itself was a real let down and this was mainly down to the state of the field , also likely that the teams would struggle anyway as their weekly preps would have been interupted by the travel plans. I have also heard from some that went that the atmosphere was tepid at best so a bit of an embarrassment all round.

I really hope that the NFL decide to abandon this whole idea. When I go to watch an NFL game I should be expected to travel to it and not the other way round.

Thats what I'm talking about, and this is straight out of the mouth of an NFL fan based in the UK, not a day tripper. Well said.

Completely agree about the turf, the Wembley pitch cuts up when football is played on it. After the match the pitch was ruined.

Sign in to follow this