N-Europe

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Slaggis

I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this game so figured I would make one. It comes out very soon (November 8th) and looks to be one of the best in the series.

IGN have given it 9.4/10

Whether you're new to R&C or someone who has played them all, Ratchet and Clank Future deserves to be in your library no matter what. Not only has it supplanted Going Commando as the best title in the franchise, it's also the best game of any series on the PlayStation 3 thus far -- and that's saying a lot when you're up against Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden, Warhawk and Insomniac's very own previous effort, Resistance: Fall of Man.

GT have given it 9/10

PSM magazine 9/10

The only "meh" review is from (yup, you guessed it) Gamespot. (7.5)

932369_20070825_screen001.jpg

932369_20070825_screen003.jpg

932369_20070816_screen003.jpg

Anyone getting it? I can't because I can't afford a PS3 at the moment. :(

I have it preordered.

Should be good. Reviews are really high save for the GS one as you said. Impressions of the Us version are really good. Looks like this is one great game :) Alot pf epopel are syaing its like a Pixar movie and is fun fun with good humour.

Really preoccupied with the GT5 P demo right now :P

I was interested until I played the demo. Absolutely no challenge at all. I don't mean it was easy, I'm fine with easy, I mean I might as well not have been playing. What's worse, apparently the full game is equally as passive an experience.

When I see it for around £20 I'll probably get it, but there are far too many other games vying for my attention at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this. Pretty amazing game.

I was interested until I played the demo. Absolutely no challenge at all. I don't mean it was easy, I'm fine with easy, I mean I might as well not have been playing. What's worse, apparently the full game is equally as passive an experience.

When I see it for around £20 I'll probably get it, but there are far too many other games vying for my attention at the moment.

The final game is tougher than the demo. The demo basically had afew extra weapons and you take less damage compared to the actual game area. You will die alot in the actual game. :smile: Its not hard but its not a walkover either.

• 1 month later...

I have only played an hour or so on this and already im LMBO. That scene with the boxing glove and Clank was priceless.

EDIT: So I have reached the end battle but im not gonna go fight him until I have all the Skill Points that I can get on my 1st run and all the Gold Bolts.

I have to say it simply is an amazing game and I didnt expect anything less from it. This will probably cause some upset here but im actually enjoying it more than I did Mario Galaxy.

To be fair I seen it coming as im a HUGE R&C fan and I just love the story aspect to these games aswell as the Jak series. Also there are certain parts that were quite challenging and I know the Skill Points will take some getting. In Galaxys case the game was just far FAR too easy, even the Purple Coins didnt crank up the difficulty that much.

Dont get me wrong I thought Mario was a brilliant game its just that im having more fun with R&C. I mean I played about 6-7 hours on this non stop yesterday becasue its so fun and I wanted to see how the story progressed but with Mazza it was little sessions here and there was nothing there pushing me to keep going.

Now to begin the search for the Golden Bolts :)

Pretty cool being the only one in here, kinda feels like my own personal blog for the game : peace:

Well after getting all the Gold Bolts, upgrading all my weapons as far as they would go, getting all the Blueprints for the RYNO and getting every skill point I could get on my first run I finally beat the boss.

RYNO + end boss= OWNAGE :)

I spent a good half hour trying to get a skill point last night and I was juat about to quit then I checked my skill points and I had it. The game never game me the message saying that it had unlocked so who knows when I got the thing.

Another one which gave me a little trouble was during the blackhole space fight. You have to get to the boss without taking a hit, I done it but it was very tense and challenging.

So shall I start Uncharted now? Nope :) Still got to go through the game again in challenge mode and get the Omega Weapons aswell as getting the remaining 4 skill points.

Just completed it again this morning on challenge mode. I now have to beat it a 3rd time to get the inal 2 skill points as I need to make evey enemy in the game dance by using the groovatron. Luckly I bought the Golden Groovatron so I have an unlimited supply at my disposal!

Methinks I will give it a rest now and start Uncharted though....unless.....