NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Mysterious Nintendo/THQ Game

Confidential two-year agreement

A form 8-K filed with the SEC today indicates that THQ entered into a confidential license agreement with Nintendo on October 12.

The form indicates that THQ has been granted "the right to use certain of Nintendo's intellectual property to develop, have developed, have manufactured, advertise, market and sell video game software for play on Wii until October 13, 2009 in all countries within the Western Hemisphere."

Nintendo is charging THQ a certain amount under its pricing schedule for the cost of manufacturing and a royalty for use of Nintendo's intellectual property.

Under the terms of the agreement, Nintendo also has the right to approve each game, including the game’s packaging, all printed materials distributed with the game and all marketing materials.

No mention was made of the specific Nintendo property involved in the license agreement, and representatives of Nintendo and THQ could not immediately be reached for comment.

Basically, Nintendo has agreed to let THQ use of their IPs to create their own game. That's all anyone has at this time.

So... any guesses? Personally I'm still waiting for a Super Mario Smackdown title.

Hahaha...Super Mario Smackdown...Thats a good'un.

Hmm...must it be in the realms of wrestling? Because I can't see what else THQ are good for. Maybe a sports game.

Hahaha...Super Mario Smackdown...Thats a good'un.

Hmm...must it be in the realms of wrestling? Because I can't see what else THQ are good for. Maybe a sports game.

Over the years THQ have released a lot of great games. The GT Advance games, Concers Bad Fur Day, Company of Heroes, and loads of other stuff...

Could mean a lot of things. Basically, THQ are making something that uses something (which could be anything) that Nintendo have a license to. That could mean lots of things. Miis, Wii-connection, anything to do with the Wii interface. I mean cmon... even that bit they show at the beginning of the game where they show you how to use the controller, they probably have to license the image of the Wii remote.

Could be anything.

Hm..dunno could be anything they could be outsourcing a franchise like did with Namco and Sega in the past...

Could mean a lot of things. Basically, THQ are making something that uses something (which could be anything) that Nintendo have a license to. That could mean lots of things. Miis, Wii-connection, anything to do with the Wii interface. I mean cmon... even that bit they show at the beginning of the game where they show you how to use the controller, they probably have to license the image of the Wii remote.

Could be anything.

Nah, it means one of Nintendo's IP's is being licensed for THQ to make a game out of, much like SEGA were lincensed F-Zero and Namco were licensed Star Fox.

It's anyones guess really, I think it's positive news though as a whole. It shows Nintendo are building up more relations with developers and are really pushing for more games to be on their system. By the time it is announced we'll have forgot about this leek though :P.

It's either FZero, StarFox, or Kid Icarus.

Edit: Or Punchout, maybe? Considering their pedigree with fighting games :indeed:

It's either FZero, StarFox, or Kid Icarus.

Edit: Or Punchout, maybe? Considering their pedigree with fighting games :indeed:

Or pilotwings or waverace or 1080, or maybe some really old forgatten gem...

Just as long as they don't screw any franchise like Namco did with Starfox

I was so disappointed when I read the reviews. Namco of all people should know how to do a good arcade-space shooter.

I was so disappointed when I read the reviews. Namco of all people should know how to do a good arcade-space shooter.

It's not because of the reviews mind it, it's just that when I played it it lacked that refinement you expect of a good game... I didn't play it a lot though,

Tell me about it. I played the first level in HMV and was blown away, it was a great update to Lylat Wars on the 64. I got the game and after the first level it went rapidly downhill from there. But everytime a space level came up i was blown away. They should've just stuck with the formula, yeah it wouldn't have won awards for making anything new, but it would have been 10 levels fo wonderful gaming, rather than 3 good levels and 7 stinkers!

Panic over!

UPDATE: A THQ representative has since stated that the filing is a standard Wii developer agreement, suggesting that there is no specific Nintendo character/franchise being licensed.

Told you people... How come everyone knows that because the word "license" is used then they are talking about game franchise IP? Nintendo hold much more IP than just that. As I said, it could be anything.

Oh wait.... Dante just told you that.

Hum, im betting on a Race game :'(

Or a New Franchise :D

A Shot-up of THQ is always good for me

Or a Wrestling game X) :D

Sign in to follow this