NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

PC to TV

Is there a way to connect my pc to my TV? I haven't much room for a monitor in my room so I thought it would be better if I could use my TV instead. If so what would I need?

I've got this odd little gizmo that connects from a socket in the laptop to the scart sockets on the TV.

Here is what I have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-S-Video-PC-DVD-VHS-Out-to-Scart-TV-Device-Cable_W0QQitemZ250174950278QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Didn't buy it off ebay though.

You'll want this if you have a desktop.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VGA-to-3-COMPONENT-CABLE-FOR-PC-LAPTOP-LCD-TV-DISPLAY_W0QQitemZ180169244880QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32837QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just put it where you put you screen into.

That isn't that clear, if you don't understand, I'll try and explain it better.

It's a 21" tv-dvd combo CRT. Not quite sure but I know it has AV, 2 Scarts, the normal aerial thingy (serial?) and that's about all I know.

Cheers CCC. What would the picture quality be like?

Either of the things I said should work, depending on whether you are using a desktop or a laptop

I have a desktop. I might just get it and see seeing as it's quite cheap. (I need the second one right?)

Yeah, the second one. I hope it works out for ya.

EDIT: For me the picture quality isn't great, but then again, its a bad quality screen to begin with, and then you double it in size. Not the nicest thing to look at.

I went through all of this with my old TV and the picture quality just wasn't worth it. your better getting a TV with PC connections. Really, it's the future :)

Sign in to follow this