N-Europe

50/60hz Question

Mucky.Fingers

I am currently looking into buying an xbox 360/ps3 mainly for PES2008, problem is I believe my current tv is only 50hz, and I know for sure PES on the '360 requires 60hz, does anyone know if the ps3 version is the same or not?

I currently have my Wii running on 50hz mode, and have changed the 60hz setting to see if it works, and in game it seems fine, although text is a lot less clearer, does this mean my tv is compatible or not?

I've also noticed a large number of 360 games state the 60hz is required to play, but have not noticed anything simular on the PS3?

For the record a new tv is out of the question for the time being.

Hope someone can answer my questions :)

Cheers

It's two or three years old, Philips 32" widescreen with built in freeview, not sure what model though

Deffo 60Hz. 60Hz, like RGB Scart has been standard for years. I used to worry about this sort of stuff too, then again the TV i had back then didn't even have a scart socket, everything was done via RF! (the arial socket)

Guest Jordan

Ahhhh, RF.

I put my SNES into my old HDTV, the black bars were immense. Any TV produced within the last 10 years or so should have 60hz support.