Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Burnout: Paradise

Choze

Yeah, i felt that, even though I am still on the crappy car you get at the start! I mean, it's halfway to hell even before you crash it!

Wait till u get some of the faster cars later on... You think the road is clear... then CRASH ur in the back of another car before ur brain has time to register its there! lol

Wait till u get some of the faster cars later on... You think the road is clear... then CRASH ur in the back of another car before ur brain has time to register its there! lol

LMAO I remember that happening with Burtout3. Ughm just remembered the Formula 1 racer :shakehead

Yeah, I wish there was a Crazy Taxi type arrow instead of street signs that flash way too late to turn. Also some of the routes the computer indicates are total wank.

I wish there was an option for the mini map to rotate. That drives me nuts, and it would be so easy to fix.

Totally agree. I really haven't got used to where everything is in the city. It's a really good game, but I find it too hard to follow a route I've already planned out without pausing the game every 2 seconds to check out the map or taking my eyes off the road to check the mini map.

Just been watching the latest Crash FM podcast...first time have watched it, but love it, gets you so hyped about where the game is going and what the game is.

My favourite was the one where they were joking about getting a handwriting expert to examine my handwriting because it was terrible.

Although then it was highly unorganised. It's gotten a lot better in terms of structure and other things (sounds, effects and stuff).

Peeps:

Me and a hombre need a select A team of gringos to play this game with. We tried doing challenges today with random players and you'd be astounded how hard it is for most of them to follow simple written instructions on the ticker. Gyuah.

Who's in? doesn't matter if you've done them or not we're mostly playing for the fun of it

Did a 5 man challenge today: 25 barrel rolls off the mountain jump by lone stallion ranch in 4 mins.

savage as fuck, but we did it once we got our technique sorted. I didn't know you could stop the rolls with the stick to stop over spin. Was easy after that but we took alot of tries.

This week, we started to ramp up towards the release of our great FREE Bikes Pack. This one’s pretty much complete now and in the final phase of testing. Here at the studio, most of the Burnout team have moved on to the next pack, which is trophies. But more on that soon, because today we want to spill a few details about bike gameplay.

The Bike Pack adds another 9-10 hours of gameplay to our already MASSIVE game, but it’s important that we give you new things to do…not more of the same.

We’ve built another 70 Challenges. If you’re not familiar with Burnout, Freeburn Challenges are basically “online for the rest of us”. No intense competition, no getting schooled, no racing, no headshots! Just kick back, relax and tool around in Paradise City with your friends playing simple challenges that take you on a tour of the city’s most fun locations.

Half of the 70 new challenges are regular Freeburn Challenges – just hang out with friends and collaborate to get these done in your own time. The other half are timed, multipart challenges that inject a little excitement and allow you to replay to improve your best times. They include popping wheelies and staying on the back wheel to make the most of the fact you’re on bikes for the first time.

With bikes, you also get a fresh new map of the city, filled with the bike equivalent of Burning Routes (against-the-clock races). These are called Burnout Rides and bring a new dimension through 2-part checkpoint races. They’ll reward players that have spent a little time getting to know the city. There are 38 in total, and the traffic system’s been rebalanced to introduce you gently to an all new kind of Burnout racing.

And if that’s not enough, you can whip through the city breaking new bike-specific fast times set for all 64 streets.

119v1gi.jpg

2vdmjh0.jpg

jrwtqs.jpg

Wow! The Bikes Pack is almost here! We're content complete and going through the submission process now.

One thing we've learned over the past few months is our fans like to get a firm date to look forward to for our free content. We won't say when this is until we're absolutely sure, but it's coming round SOON!

While you wait for confirmation of the pack's release date, here are some new images of the two awesome bikes that you can play with from Day 1 of the pack arriving.

The first 2 available Burnout bikes will be the FV1100 street bike and the Nakamura Firehawk V4 racing bike.

2784005853_0bdc4487c7_o.jpg

You can ride as either a guy or a girl.

Burnout's always been an awesome racing game – in the past we were big on crashing, aggression and rivalry. But despite that, the game's always had a universal appeal.

Social, fun, accessible

Burnout Paradise was our first game to reward collaborative play and encourage players to hang out and have fun together rather than against each other! It's a more social, fun and welcoming place than any previous Burnout.

The result is the game's now played by guys and girls of all ages, regardless of whether you're into fast cars, racing or fierce player rivalry.

We knew when we introduced the first ever Burnout characters, that we'd have to let you choose between male and female riders.

Just head to the Junkyard, pick and bike and switch paint-jobs to select different riders. The girls get to choose bikes with a softer range of colours, and of course a cuddly bunny rabbit:

2784006737_325b975eab_o.jpg

Nakamura FV1100

The Nakamura FV1100 is a no nonsense street bike. The sweet 1100CC engine delivers high performance with easy handling making it the most versatile bike in Paradise.

2784857778_6b7812a574_o.jpg

The exposed engine doesn’t leave much room for stylish paintwork, but when the engine looks this good, who needs bodywork?

Firehawk V4

The Nakamura Firehawk V4 is thoroughbred racing bike. It arrives on the streets of Paradise straight from the race track!

But this isn't the race track. This is Paradise City!

2784857304_652869313f_o.jpg

It's out-and-out speed will appeal to most, but the lithe handling will be its most useful feature, as you take on the bike-specific challenges that are also part of this pack.

2784004709_18b4a49aa5_o.jpg

The Kanji characters on the guys’ version mean “fireâ€, but we also have a version for our female rider, featuring an all-new Burnout cartoon character.

2784003263_77482bd667_o.jpg

This is a first for Burnout. We're into uncharted territory with the arrival of both cars and characters in this – our biggest – free download pack yet.

More soon!