N-Europe

Find Me Broadband

Ashley

Criteria:

Unlimited or heavy usage allowance (do plan on getting a 360 at some point)

No phone line needed

No contract for more than six months (only going to be there for nine months as its student housing)

Cheap (just to reitterate; students!)

ASAP please, as we're moving in a few weeks. Thanks :D

(checked the big ones, Virgin, BT etc but from what I can tell you need a phone line as I'm in a non-cabled area. Unless I'm being dippy. It happens)

You don't need an amazing bandwidth allowance for playing the 360 online and if you download all the new videos and demos that shouldn't take more than 20GB, more space than you have on the 360! (unless you get an elite).

I have a couple of suggestions ready but I need to know more accurately what your bandwidth usage is going to be like.

You don't need an amazing bandwidth allowance for playing the 360 online and if you download all the new videos and demos that shouldn't take more than 20GB, more space than you have on the 360! (unless you get an elite).

I have a couple of suggestions ready but I need to know more accurately what your bandwidth usage is going to be like.

360 + I'd say around 10GB at least personally per month. (Granted I can do some of that at home on the weekend). Can't really speak much for the other three.

I see. Well I'm going to go with UKFSN when I move next week:

http://www.ukfsn.org/home/internet/adsl/maxallowance.html

Their allowances are very generous for the price, and they have the most flexible plans in the market. You have to be wary, many ISP's offer Unlimited!*

With fair use policy.

And usually that's 30-50GB which almost certainly wouldn't be enough for 4 people.

Is it possible to get broadband that isn't cable without a phoneline?

I didn't think this was possible either.

As for Sanchez' recommendation , I have heard loads of good stuff about UKFSN but haven't tried them personally as I am still stuck in contract with a crappy ISP (Orange , ggrrhh) although I will likely switch to them when I can get out of this contract.

If its not possible to have it without a phone line guess we'll need to get one hooked up, and just not use it.

Yeah I would agree you're not gonna get much Internet without either a phone line or a Virgin cable line.

You could always see if you can get a good data plan on your mobile and use that as a modem.