NEurope
stuwii

Wii flight simulator

Why do I get the feeling this will end up being yet another one of Stuwii's closed threads?

Why do I get the feeling this will end up being yet another one of Stuwii's closed threads?
Ahh give this one a chance, it's got some potential at least!

Don't really have much to add myself on the subject as I wouldn't buy a flight simulator on Wii,

1) because I'm not interested in one,

2) they're best suited to a PC which can handle this sort of stuff SO much better!!

A game like pilotwings or the Wii airplane demo could be fun though!

I like flight simulators, but this'd have to have a throttle and joystick attachment for me to play it. How much detail could the Wii manage? A cartoon flight game isn't really a sim.

The Wiimote isn't suited for flight simulators at all. Flight simulators put you in the plane for a realistic experience, and therefore you need a joystick and lots of keys like in a real aeroplane. The Wiimote does well in the paper aeroplane control method, in which the Wiimote is the plane, and so it's great for some arcade flying like Pilot Wings or Star Fox. It doesn't do the right thing for flight simulators though.

A true simulator couldn't work on Wii. It just wouldn't. An arcade flight game would. But I really don't like those (I'm one for realism really, it's far more satisfying than OMG infinite ammo!)