N-Europe

UK

8777new_storyimage7602072_full.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #608

Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM

Penciled by Marco Chechetto & Luke Ross

Cover by Adi Granov

70th Anniversary Variant by MARKO DJURDJEVIC

"WHO WAS BEN REILLY?" begins here! Bursting out of the pages of this year's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL, RAPTOR is back for revenge against the man he claims killed his family - BEN REILLY, the clone of Spider-Man! Unfortunately, the only person alive that fits Ben's description is Peter Parker! As this super powered psycho with a thirst for vengeance targets Peter, his family and his friends, even Spider-Man might not be able to save the day this time!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

small point about Invincible: 14 Months on, is the term 'all new, all awesome' not running out of steam?

the 'aftermath' banner still tickles me. Nice piss take of Dark Reign.

also: Yeah no more Conquest. Then we have 2 issues before the artisté switcheroo. I'm expecting that arc to be huuuuuuuuge.

small point about Invincible: 14 Months on, is the term 'all new, all awesome' not running out of steam?

the 'aftermath' banner still tickles me. Nice piss take of Dark Reign.

also: Yeah no more Conquest. Then we have 2 issues before the artisté switcheroo. I'm expecting that arc to be huuuuuuuuge.

Do you mean huge as in large? (I assume you mean huge as in AWESOME) but just to clarify its two issues. And I can't wait.

64 = Conquest conclusion

65 = Funeral

66 & 67 = Cory Walker

Do you mean huge as in large? (I assume you mean huge as in AWESOME) but just to clarify its two issues. And I can't wait.

64 = Conquest conclusion

65 = Funeral

66 & 67 = Cory Walker

oh, definitely the 'awesome' kind of huge. I'm sure I've already mentioned that I think Kirkman is planning on bringing the coalition sub plot to the centre. It makes alot of sense. 66-67 is just the beginning.

I wasn't sure about Walker but some of Destroyer rocked the house. He's waaaay better than he was (although he'll never be as good as the current team is)

I think a vice movie would be impossible. Part of the whole thing of the book is how stupidly...mundane super heroics are in that world- you know like 'hey honey. sorry I'm late I was battling a time dragon" or whatever. In a comic, you can just do that. In a film you can only do that with a stupid large CGI budget (and a film about five hours long)

well to be honest it could be done as a stand-alone story arc, something like the Conquest arc could be easily fleshed out a bit and transferred to film, but imo an animated series would be much better :)

Soooo Invinci #64

So did not see that coming!

So Eve isn't dead? Yet?

So whose funeral is it on 65's cover then?

OK, wow. Fucking Amazing. Again. Kirkman is a sly motherfucker, I'll give him that.

And the violence! Jesus! I mean, last issue was bad but this is savagery. that two page spread was just crazy. What a death.

I have a new theory, too. When I read #63 I thought 'OK Eve's dead. Earth is fucked- maybe with the Allen and Nolan story coming up Kirkman is planning on taking the series to the stars on a long term basis with Mark leaving the planet with his dad.'

Now I have a new theory.

So there's less than 50 Viltrumites alive, right. Pure bloods like Nolan and Conquest.

But they can mate with 'comparable species'. In #12 Nolan calls Mark 'almost pure Viltrumite' (or something to that effect)

Then Conquest comes along. Orders are 'conquer Earth at any cost.

But why? Why do that? why send their best man to such an insignificant, backward planet.

Answer: Breeding camps.

The Viltrumites don't want resources from Earth, they want people. Mark is so close to being a 100% Viltrumite that the only choice they have is to breed with humans (who look the same, but don't have powers)

I BET you I'm right. I fucking bet you!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!