• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

The thing I hate most about Brand New Day was his Other powers being ignored. They were awesome and finally a change to Spider-Man for once.

Well its like a reset isn't it? because mj and peters marriage never went through, it never led up to the things that led to him becoming the other. But i actually found it pretty interesting, the whole totemic spider needing a chance to reign rather than the man. I liked that, i think its just that because of the civil war, where peter completely flip flopped on his ideals, his ethos had changed (the 9 counts of felony he committed during one more day). He did need to be brought back down to earth, but taking his powers away? thats the bit i have a problem with.

Well its like a reset isn't it? because mj and peters marriage never went through, it never led up to the things that led to him becoming the other. But i actually found it pretty interesting, the whole totemic spider needing a chance to reign rather than the man. I liked that, i think its just that because of the civil war, where peter completely flip flopped on his ideals, his ethos had changed (the 9 counts of felony he committed during one more day). He did need to be brought back down to earth, but taking his powers away? thats the bit i have a problem with.

According to the writers, everything that happened in Spider-Man history up until Brand New Day did still happen, it just happened with MJ and Peter dating and not married. Then at some point they broke up.

Theyve promised all these new things will eventually be explained but I do find it hard to care anymore.

OH MY GOD

I was just reading a Green Lantern review on CBR, and they posted a theory of what might happen in the Blackest Night conclusion. It makes RIDICULOUS sense, so much sense, that I sat her, with my mouth wide open salivating at the prospect....

That Hal Jordan

could become The White Lantern. Because he keeps getting taken over by the different colour rings.

God. Just....*drool*

hahaha that cape gaff is good.

caught up with Uncanny X-Men

Land can bite one, but Fraction continues to impress as ever. I love how different he writes the X-Men compared to their more outright heroic counterparts like The Avengers. Their role as leaders of mutant kind really works- especially in San Fransisco. He really gets Scott and Emma too and it's refreshing to see them take an absolute centre stage as opposed to Wolverine.

Ive definately enjoyed Fractions work on Uncanny, getting a few more X-Men other than the main group is nice aswell.

Although does anyone know where Iceman is? Feels like I havent seen him in ages.

He is in the Dark X-Men crossover thingy, as I saw him (with much delight, because he's my favourite X-Man) in a preview for next issue. :)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=2928&disp=table

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!