• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I loved Jeans, actually. She'd never (and never has since) had such a "combat" suit. Which Is partly why I liked it. It kinda makes you think of the character a bit differently. (the way she might use her powers etc).

Rogue's was brilliant.

I also loved the fact most of them were matching too. (Or at least yellow) Except the ones that you can tell hated the rest of the team, like Gambit and Psylocke.

I'm getting that. I have the first issue of X-Men, but no more than that.

Basically all the ones that are fucking badass in leather, excluding Wolverine because he's overused.

I did like the costumes, though they went shit later on, just using normal clothes.

I loved the issue where Emma made Storm where a New X-Men uniform and it was a miniskirt and a massive bow in her hair or something equally ridiculous. :P Emma's bitchiness ftw.

A post I made on HCR, creating my own Marvel Universe:

Welcome to ABFverse, Earth-245 of the Marvel Multiverse.

The X-Men

The X-Men are a team of fighters that seek to fight discrimination and hate within this world. Hailing from Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters in Highgate, London, the members of the X-Men appear to be normal teenage students. However, the jovially insane headmistress Cassandra Xavier has been training the select bunch since childhood, to use as warriors to realise her [flawed?] dream of a world free from suffering.

Scott Summers

Scott, 18, is taciturn and introspective. Chosen as the leader of the X-Men, he takes up this role rather grudgingly - if he were to be honest, he doesn't really feel comfortable with so much responsibility.

Scott takes pride in his fearsome gun-handling skills - he can hit a bullseye 5 out of 5 times. It has been speculated that his best friend in this world is his favourite handgun, the "Cyclops".

Jean-Paul Beaubier

Disowned by his estranged mother and sister, due to his homosexuality, Jean-Paul, 17, sought out Xavier and the X-Men to fight for his beliefs. He is a superb athlete - an olympic-level runner and skiier - and adept in combat.

It can't really be said who Jean-Paul is more besotted by - he has a soft spot for most his male class-mates.

Ororo Munroe

Ororo is a 15 year-old girl from the African nation of Wakanda. The daughter of a Queen, when she was 7 she was forced to flee the country after a civil war to England. Living in urban London, she soon learned how to fend for herself - thieving and training herself how to fight in order to survive.

She was found recently by Xavier, and accepted into the school - an atmosphere which is totally alien to her. She has found communicating with the other students her biggest problem (which has been slightly remedied with remedial English lessons), but she sure can hold her own in a fight. Strangely, she refuses to carry a gun.

Tessa Shaw

Tessa is a 17 year-old girl with a brilliant mind. Armed with a photographic memory, and almost computer-like cerebral output, Tessa's IQ is technically up in the thousands. She deliberately keeps the extent of her intelligence a secret - whether it to be to avoid the unwanted fame, or to be more free to spy on Xavier.

Tessa Shaw is a Black Pawn of the Hellfire Club, sent as a mole to infiltrate the X-Men. She finds herself in a difficult position - she does not wish to disappoint the Hellfire Club, nor does she want her friends to be hurt. She genuinely puts her all into the X-Men missions, until the point her interests clash...

Warren Worthington III

Warren, 17, originally disliked by the other students because of the silver spoon placed firmly in his mouth, tries to shake off the grips of his lordly ancestry as much as possible.

While Xavier intended Warren to stay at the school, due to his under-achievement in combat training, he wowed her by his development of a personalised harness that allows him to fly. Unfortunately, he can't remember how he made the harness - a rather transparent attempt to retain his position in the X-Men operative team.

So? A writer/storyteller has to put themselves in the shoes of other peolple.

And how can you relate to Tessa?

I dunno. I like that that the normal X-Men serve as an allegory for fighting against discrimination in the al world, and that it's not literally cut and clearly that. When I said make them like the X-Treme X-Men, I meant that they did the opposite of that. They just tried to generally be good against whatever situations they tried to lend a hand in.

So? A writer/storyteller has to put themselves in the shoes of other peolple.

Shut up.

And how can you relate to Tessa?

Well, her father is obvs the Black King. My dad's in the army, and I've kinda always been "supportive but not really" of the army. A stunning sub-plot to pick up upon. Like torn-allegiances.

I dunno. I like that that the normal X-Men serve as an allegory for fighting against discrimination in the al world, and that it's not literally cut and clearly that.

But the point here is that Cassandra Xavier is really idealistic, and unrealistic in her plans to such an extent that she's arming teenagers and sending them out to fight her battles - essentially causing more hate - especially since it's a privately run "rich" school/establishment.

Shut up.

Well, her father is obvs the Black King. My dad's in the army, and I've kinda always been "supportive but not really" of the army. A stunning sub-plot to pick up upon. Like torn-allegiances.

But the point here is that Cassandra Xavier is really idealistic, and unrealistic in her plans to such an extent that she's arming teenagers and sending them out to fight her battles - essentially causing more hate - especially since it's a privately run "rich" school/establishment.

*purses lips*

I'll wait until I see your redos of other teams/heroes. I still hate this one, but a little less. I hate teenagers.

In other news; I plan to buy Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous next month, and then the Hardcover Part 2 of Whedon's X-Men, so then I'll have it all. (IIRC? He only did the 4 volumes of X-men..)

If I find out how to work torrents, it might give me acces to things* that I'd buy in the future.

*Invincible?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!