• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Im still reading through the Days Of Future Past trade, im suprised how long it takes before it gets to anything linked to that, im roughly 60 pages in and still have another issue to read before I get to that story.

Well if you just bought the "Essential" trades, they just name each one after the biggest selling point.

so the new Batwoman is a lesbian, eh?

first time a gay character is holding their own title? Marvel have dabbled in...I think 3 gay characters so far (which is pretty low, considering) but they've never had their own books.

I think its more than three. (Although I cant think of many lol)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=2558&disp=table

Read the preview.

A black, frog, Thor. I just have to buy it!

so the new Batwoman is a lesbian, eh?

first time a gay character is holding their own title?

The newer Rawhide Kid had his own title. He was gay.

Marvel have dabbled in...I think 3 gay characters so far (which is pretty low, considering) but they've never had their own books.

http://www.gayleague.com/wordpress/tag/marvel/

But yeah, it's essentially just Northstar, Asgardian & Hulkling and Mystique & Destiny.

I thought Colossus' sexuality was sadly underplayed in what I read. It could have been more- especially considering how much page space the others got for their romances.

in other news:

Holy Fucking Shit

The Walking Dead #61 tomorrow. I'll probably get it Friday, though.

so who the hell is cap now?

and, for that matter, who is the chick from S.H.I.E.L.D looking for in Iron Man?

Bucky!

As for her....do you mean Maria Hill? The one who just threw down with The Controller? If so, then yeah thats Maria Hill, she is the one who took over from Nick Fury, when Nick Fury went missing.

It's a bit of a mystery. Money is either on Cap knowing where Fury is (he's still missing right?) or, as Tony is not beyond some pretty dark moves, he's going to try and kill Osbourne.

Osbornes going down one way or another. Has to be Spidey to take him out though. Has to.

I doubt Cap knows where Nick Fury is....or rather I'm pretty certain he doesn't know.

Seriously read Secret Warriors. Its SICK. Theres a HUGE twist in the first issue. Like....MASSIVE twist.

It does, but this is Norman Osborn we're talking about.

Invincible 61 spoilers

Newsarama: Issue #61’s final pages gave us our first look at Conquest. At face value – and boy what a face – he’s got some story. What is this guy’s story?

Robert Kirkman: I want to keep the guy kind of mysterious. I will say there is no blood relation to Mark or Nolan... which seems to be the first thing people assume when we introduce a new Viltrumite character. BUT, everything about Conquest is significant... his scar, his cybernetic arm... these things all point to plot points that will be explored in coming issues. Why would a Viltrumite NEED a cybernetic arm? How would he get scarred up? These questions will be answered. Another thing about Conquest is that Ryan draws him perfectly... he's a thousand times better than I pictured him and I just love what he's done with the guy--Conquest is kind of quirky, as we'll see starting in issue 62... and Ryan is really showing what he can do with these issues--he's amazing.

Newsarama: Broadening the scope here, I wanted to ask about Atom Eve. Invincible’s main squeeze was left badly hurt in Invincible #60, something that was touched on in #61. Will that also be followed up on in these upcoming issues?

Robert Kirkman: Definitely. Atom Eve takes center stage in these upcoming issues in a big, big way... just in time to take a final bow.

Don't like the last sentence. :weep: But Kirkman always says stuff like this.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!