Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

God I love Iron Man.

Download the latest issue of Kick Ass dude....its.....awesome.

First picture of Iron Man 2

IM2pic.jpg

Is that any good? i've been looking at it to read between waiting for inv 62

Oh my god, dude Invincible Iron Man is probably Marvels best new series of the past few years. Its just awesome.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Is that any good? i've been looking at it to read between waiting for inv 62

It's pr0 as fuck. Really smart, really well constructed. It's all kind of based on Tony Stark's redemption after Civil War while under threat of becoming obsolete. Sick art, too.

also: cool image. I hope War Machine is involved in this one. He's kind of awsum.

Matt Fraction is one of my favourite new writers. I almost want to say better than Bendis (ie my second favourite writer) due to Bendis being hit and miss, and it being painfully obvious that he does stuff that he wants to do badly and that is quite meh and no one else really caring (ie bringing Mockingbird back, etc)

speaking of hit and miss: does anyone else find Mark Millar really fucking annoying when he goes all 'I'm so pop culture!' in his Ultimate stuff? There's a bit in The Ultimates where they're sitting about discussing who would play who in a movie adaptation and it feels so forced. Gah.

It works better in Kick Ass. Self awareness is key to the concept, yo.

----

New postage.

I got New Avengers vol. 1 today. Really good start to the series and, while I'd rather a bit more commentary in the sketch pages, the production values on the hardcover is just off the chart. By far the nicest comic I've ever bought!

You can imagine my frustration, then, when I found some stray seal glue was in the middle of the book- It tore up two pages when i opened them and I'll have to return the book tomorrow. Fucksticks.

despite occasional gripes with the art (it's the bland faces, I've decided. I can't feel the delivery from them) The Astounding Wolf Man is a solid read. I think buying a fourth Kirkman book every month might be something of a piss-take but I might start picking it up anyway. I'm enjoying the whole prison thing; it's certainly different.

Green Lantern is OK. Some of it seems a bit old fashioned (Are we seriously supposed to believe Hal Gordon's friends don't recognize him as Green Lantern up close? his only disguise is a tiny 'Incredibles' face mask.)

I like the powers though. quite cool.

Green Lantern Corps is, so far, better. Especially the 'recharged' mini series. That was awesome.

So I'm up to date on Walking Dead and Invincible, am now onto buying the single issues for those when they come out. Ordered a copy of issue 60 Invincible from ebay (need that cover!).

Need more stuff to read! So far my comic book/graphic novel reading extends to Wanted, Watchmen, League of Extraordinary Gentleman and the above mentioned Kirkman stuff.

More interested in the Marvel Universe than DC, so give me some pointers!

Dan, I've not read the Green Lantern stuff that you're on (I've only read it from just before the Sinestro Corps war) but it certainly gets better than GLC, however GLC is still AMAZING, and together they compliment each other brilliantly.

So I'm up to date on Walking Dead and Invincible, am now onto buying the single issues for those when they come out. Ordered a copy of issue 60 Invincible from ebay (need that cover!).

Need more stuff to read! So far my comic book/graphic novel reading extends to Wanted, Watchmen, League of Extraordinary Gentleman and the above mentioned Kirkman stuff.

I'd recommend GL if you do want to dabble in DC. If not then can't go wrong with The Invincible Iron Man, and Deadpool....erm Thunderbolts has been good for a while. Etc. Irredeemable Ant-Man is Marvel and Kirkman and really awesome! Its a 12 issue run thats finished and available in digest form.

The issue i have with wolf-man, is that for some reason, the close ups of people are great, reaallllly detailed, but then the far away shots lack any structure, its just the outline, like the battle in issue 11 was just awful but the rest was fiiiine. And i'm glad they continue the destruction of invincible into other image comics makes it seem more real than in marvel and dc, the closest thing i can think of is when nightwings home town got wiped out.

Invincible Iron Man is well worth a read. Really good.

going back ages but New X-Men by Grant Morrison and Uncanny X-Men by Joss Whedon are both brilliant runs. By far the best I read in a long, long time.

Astonishing X-Men, not Uncanny

I thought New X-Men was ok but not really one of my favourites, Astonishing however was brilliant. I think Joss Whedon really understood all the characters, such a shame he isnt on the title anymore. I dont bother reading it now, just down to Uncanny which I am still enjoying.

Would any of you be interested in doing a possible TPB book club?

Thought it would be a good idea for us comic readers that might get us chatting about more than the usual ones we do and maybe read some new stuff?

That sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Can I suggest something....that I just bought. Havn't read yet.

The Sword, volume 1 by Image Comics, creators The Luna Brothers. Quite cheap on Play.

I would be up for this probably...once a month ish maybe. Funds permitting.

I think if its limited to one a month and no hard backs then it should hopefully be ok......plus if people really are cashed strapped I guess there are "other" ways to get the trades so they can be read with us.

Personally i'll be buying them as id like to get some variation in my collection

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!