• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Animal Man by Grant Morrison.

It's brilliant. Clean, concise superhero storytelling that (eventually) gives way to the Morrison-ness that of course lies within. But at a 'tolerable' level (this is no Final Crisis).

READ IT NOW.

So whats Planetary actually about then?

Also, is this the first trade? Got a bit confusing looking through Amazon with reprints etc. http://www.reedcomics.com/planetary-volume-over-world-other-stories-p-39251.html

Also, anyone ever read the Grimm Fairy Tales books? Theyre ones I always see pop up.

Ended up going with Artifacts Vol.1, keep hearing good things about it.

IMG110253.jpg

Did anyone read The Infinite?

I enjoyed it. It was good/okay, for a first issue, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Liefelds artwork was pretty much fine for the most part, although the guns in the first few pages did change design about five times between panels in a guys hands its....kind of hammy. Like a slanted back, then no sights, then straight and no grip, etc. Lolz.

Also, anyone ever read the Grimm Fairy Tales books? Theyre ones I always see pop up.

Judging a book by its cover, but every cover I've seen of those comics just makes it look absolutely dreadful. The sort of stuff that gives comic readers a bad name.

Zenescope1.jpg

899279119_800d2c186f.jpg

The absolute nadir.

Edited by Paj!

avnv4019_cov_02.jpg

Really good lineup. No Thor makes me sadface - though I gather he's due for not inconsiderable changes post Fear Itself. Ms Marvel, Black Panther and The Vision, on the other hand, gives me massive wood. I'd have preferred Rulk to stay and Wolverine to go, though.

So I'm picking up,

BATMAN #1

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #1

GREEN LANTERN #1

BATMAN AND ROBIN #1

SUPERBOY #1

DETECTIVE COMICS #1

ACTION COMICS #1

SUPERMAN #1

FLASH #1

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1

I kind of feel like I want to get more...but I'm not sure how many I want the next month. I doubt I'll keep getting all the Batman books. Definitely Superman, Action, JL, Batman and Flash. (Might get Superboy depending on whether I like his new costume...which I probably won't since I think his old t-shirt and jeans costume was stunning.)

Any recommendations?

That you catch up on Invincible.

Red Lantern Corps could be interesting, but I think you've got the most important ones there. I'm GLing (all), Batman (Capullo/my first Snyder*), Justice League, Action and blogosphere.

*I wanted Severed by Image.....its already £6. :/ Second printing or trade wait.

Of course at this point its hard to give suggestions but id say maybe give Batgirl and Nightwing a try. Also Teen Titans is one of the biggest effected books by the relaunch so it should be interesting. Plus it has a former Robin and Superboy so its at least linked to your other comic interests.

Ive got these preordered anyway:

Batman

Batman & Robin

Detective Comics

Nightwing

Batgirl

Superman

Action Comics

Superboy

Supergirl

Justice League

Justice League International