Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Ive thought Flashpoint is ok but not great compared to other events. As ive mentioned before its hard to be too invested in it. We know the Flashpoint universe isnt staying so I dont care about any of those characters and its hard to care about Barry Allen's quest to fix things when we know the current DCU isnt coming back either.

I understand they had to announce the DCnU when they did, best way to get all this excitement for September but it hasnt really helped Flashpoint.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I would have thought Flashpoint would be attractive as it's the catalyst for the all change. No? Aren't some things in the Flashpoint continuity going to stick?

I'm a sucker for epic elseworld things. 'The Wish' is possibly my favourite episode of Buffy ever.

Probably helps I have very little idea what I'm talking about. Reverse Flash #1 is awesome and cruel. I think I enjoyed it more because it doubles as an origin story for Reverse Flash and The Flash and I'm not clued up on them at all.

Flashpoint would be better if it continued as an alternate ongoing like Ultimates.

But. Yeah. Well if they did that they should just do "Ultimate DC" and I know "Earth One" is a quasi-that, but one small hardcover every 12-18 months doesn't cut the mustard quite so much.

I'm a sucker for epic elseworld things.

And yet you're still not upto date on Vince, in which one of the major plot threads (still reasonably dangling) is fallout of/continuation of epic alternate realities.

You make me sad/horny.

OH Happenstance, haha, we filmed a bit of our debate.

As far as we know only a couple of things are sticking from Flashpoint and so far they dont interest me at all (Cyborg being a bigger character and Element Woman in the Justice League). I mean I am looking forward to the relaunch, only really sad that I wont be seeing the current DCU again and a bit worried about some characters that havent been mentioned yet but looking forward to the new stories. I can understand why you are enjoying it though I guess, for me ive already read the stuff on Flash and Reverse Flash and the lack of anything really happening in Flashpoint yet has left it just an "ok" event.

I also usually like Elseworld stories, this just isnt a particularly good one compared to others.

Yeah ReZ DC arent great at trying to copy the Ultimate line. Theyre first attempt was the All Star stories and while Superman Earth One was a big success for them, it feels less relevant now that we're getting the DCnU.

I've found Flashpoint pretty enjoyable so far, I've enjoyed the minis I've read, Batman and Aquaman have been standouts so far for me.

The "new" Universe isn't an issue for me, as long as it's well written and has good art I'll give it a go.

I can't say I've read much of either character as Batgirl.

I can understand both sides of the arguement on the issue. I'll bet there was the same anger when they announced that she wasn't going to get better in the first place :)

We've had Superman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, etc all come back from the dead.

Bruce Wayne had his back broken and was thrown off of a building and not only did he not die from his injuries he was fighting crime again in next to no time :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that Alan Moore didn't even expect that part of the Killing Joke to stay in continuity.

For me its nothing to do with the chair. I just think Stephanie has been a much more interesting character since becoming Batgirl and its a book ive really enjoyed. Same with Barbara as Oracle. It just kind of feels like she's had her time as Batgirl and they should move forward, not backwards.

His rarity isn't announced yet, but they are random.

If he is a common you'll be able to grab him from eBay for under a couple of quid. If he is a super rare he'll be between £10-20.

God help you if he's a chase (probably isn't lol as they're usually secret/ not on the boxes/promos)

DC COMICS: THE NEW 52 - Hardcover Collection

This September, DC Entertainment is making history by launching 52 #1 DC Comics issues starring the World’s Greatest Super-Heroes. To commemorate this milestone occasion, DC Entertainment will be releasing DC COMICS: THE NEW 52, a massive hardcover collection that collects every single one of these debut issues. Hitting stores on December 7th just in time for the holiday season, this 1,216-page compilation will sell for $150.00 and include such issues as:

• JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee

• ACTION COMICS #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales

• BATMAN #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo

• GREEN LANTERN #1 by Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke

• SWAMP THING #1 by Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette

• STORMWATCH #1 by Paul Cornell and Miguel Sepulveda

• TEEN TITANS #1 by Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth

• And 45 more!

1,216 pages is that biggest hardcore comic collection?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!