Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

ohhhhhh

right

hey, that's actually pretty cool I guess.

isn't he...already doing a job on Invincible though?

I think Invincible is currently at the top of my list for comic art atm. The colour is just so fucking good and it really brings out the slick pencils- all bold, clean lines and broard expression. It's ace.

Yeah exactly its amazing. The colourest changed in issue 51, but its almost better I'd say. Still clean and bold, but just....slightly more detail, and the blood is a bit more realistic (although I like the sheer red of prior) but yeah absolutely wicked.

For Haunt, some other dudes are doing the layout, then Ottley is doing the pencils, then MacFarlane on inks. Dunno who's doing the colour.

My favourite artists are like....Ryan Ottley (when I can afford it, I'll be buying some of his original art) :bouncy: Jason Howard, Steve McNiven...erm...a few others but yeah.

I think its time to pick up Old Man Logan from ebay too. Sounds absolutely quality.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Not really into Superman, and never really read much, but apparently All-Star is absolutely brilliant, excellent, epic story telling.

------

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

That is the best Iron Man I have ever read.

Invincible Iron Man #10

Absolutely amazing. This will make a fucking sweet graphic novel. Anyway it was amazing. Spoilers ahoy.

Tony shags Maria Hill, heh get in. Pepper Potts is in Stark Industries, and gets pissed off, throws a chair at a wall and it flicks a switch. A room opens with a female Iron Man suit for her.

:bouncy: She says "Hello girl." Norman puts out a warrant for the arrest of Tony, HAMMER agents go mad everywhere in the Stark branches. Tony shows Maria loads of Iron Man suits he has/built. After she wakes up after their shag hes left a note saying "Blow them up" or something and hes rigged them with explosives. The end panels are Maria running away from an explosion thinking "Well. No turning back now" Tony flying off in that old school Iron Man suit, the one with the glowing yellow lines if you know which one I mean (on the covers of many...1996-8 ish era ones) saying "Well. No turning back now." and Pepper standing on top of a Stark sign saying "Well. No turning back now" (in her new suit obv).

Fucking brilliant. Matt Fractions a fucking god.

9.5/10

Secret Identity rocks. I really liked that one.

not a big fan of the character in that he's almost omnipotent but I think if a story focus' on his alien identity and treats him with a scale and quality of writing befitting the global impact Superman would have, you can make a good story aorund him.

so, eh, Watchmen I guess :D

Secret Warriors #1

HFS.

9/10

------------

Oh boy.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/952/952404p1.html

Relaunching the Ultimate line, yayaaaaayy. :cry:

Including Spider-Man starting at a new number 1. *sigh* wtf is the point, seriously.

Jeph Loeb is continuing to rape and shit all over volume 1 and 2 of write Ultimates. Seriously that guy should just be culled.

I don't like Marvels announcements at all. Like....honestly, Marvels announcements have sucked ass.

New Ult Spider-Man artist.

nycc-09-marvels-ultimate-revamp-20090207073324482.jpg

Wow.........thats shit. Marvel Manga ? Wtf. Uggghhhhh.

That looks like the one you did in your comedy video!

Hahah! And he's now drawing one of my favourite comics.....I'm literally cry.

*Edit* Actually...to be fair, all inked and coloured it looks okay. I'm not a fan of the big eyes though.

nycc-09-marvels-ultimate-revamp-20090207073300498.jpg

However, this War Machine front cover heals my eyes. Isn't this....stunning.

dark-reign-event-20090206091758059.jpg

:idea::bouncy:

Those eyes are MA. That other one is cool, but howcome it's not...painted? Looks like a photo or a computer animationism.

Aye its this guy called...Fran...Mattina something. He's amazing, does all these photo real covers. They are so nice.

More here ; http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=888380&postcount=48

PS Read....anything yet? ;)

Relaunches annoy me, as I like having collections of things that go into the big numbers. Makes it feel more real.

Although this seems to come at an appropriate moment.

Can someone give me a rundown of Ultimatum? I know NOTHING about it, and want to be spoiled entirely.

Aye its this guy called...Fran...Mattina something. He's amazing, does all these photo real covers. They are so nice.

More here ; http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=888380&postcount=48

PS Read....anything yet? ;)

I did actually!! I read 2 or 3 wolfmans, jolly bon. Invincible is what I really want though, I'll read them in bed tonight, literally will.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!