• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

DC really need to sort out their TPB side of the business, a lot more people just collect them now than single issues but they take so long to release them or leave important stories out of print, its rediculous.

I decided instead of getting those JLA Deluxe HCs I was talking about id wait and get the paperback versions. Ive got to wait until October just for Vol.1 to be released (the vol I already own in HC) when the HC was released in 2008.

Too often as well they have weird choices on what to allow to go out of print. 52 for example, you can still get the first volume or two but then the others are out of print. I still need to get the 4th volume of that to finish it off.

TPB are just too expensive. I know it's cheaper in the long run but I can deal with single issues every month and stagger reading the story. I buy a TPB and it's one lot of money and I pretty much finish it in one read through.

Just read Superboy #1, #2 and #3. Really enjoying it. Conner is awesome. Superman always felt a little detached or outdated but Superboy is on it. It's kind of a shame he'll never get a mainstream movie or anything. DC really need to start whoring out some of their lesser know IPs more.

I definitely think a Superboy film would be much more viable to make as a reboot. He so much more interesting.

I think I would actually kill for a Superboy movie and a Batman Beyond one (Especially a BB one).

Edited by Daft
Typos

Started getting back on comics.

By finishing off New Ultimates. (lel)

I just love the Jeph Loeb Ultimate joke. Really bad. Yet great if you accept the badness and move into appreciating other areas.

I hate how the joke of the team roster is no longer though. Like..it was my favourite line-up.

Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Zarda/Power Princess (yes!!), Valkyrie, Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil and Black Panther. YESSSSSSSS. I don't think Ka-Zar or Shanna actually did anything in the entire series. I can't remember though.

I know I'm literally 8 months late, but I will catch up one day.

TPB are just too expensive. I know it's cheaper in the long run but I can deal with single issues every month and stagger reading the story. I buy a TPB and it's one lot of money and I pretty much finish it in one read through.

Just read Superboy #1, #2 and #3. Really enjoying it. Conner is awesome. Superman always felt a little detached or outdated but Superboy is on it. It's kind of a shame he'll never get a mainstream movie or anything. DC really need to start whoring out some of their lesser know IPs more.

I definitely think a Superboy film would be much more viable to make as a reboot. He so much more interesting.

I think I would actually kill for a Superboy movie and a Batman Beyond one (Especially a BB one).

I would like to see a Superboy movie but I think that would have to tie in with previous discussions about a proper DC movie universe. It would at least need a couple of good Superman movies to set up Conner being from both Clark and Lex.

Plus one of the things I always like about this Superboy is his friendship with Tim Drake which is another thing Id want to see in a movie.

Started getting back on comics.

By finishing off New Ultimates. (lel)

I just love the Jeph Loeb Ultimate joke. Really bad. Yet great if you accept the badness and move into appreciating other areas.

I hate how the joke of the team roster is no longer though. Like..it was my favourite line-up.

Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Zarda/Power Princess (yes!!), Valkyrie, Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil and Black Panther. YESSSSSSSS. I don't think Ka-Zar or Shanna actually did anything in the entire series. I can't remember though.

I know I'm literally 8 months late, but I will catch up one day.

Ewww. I didn't even read shitty New Ultimates. The fact that Loeb wrote it was enough to steer me clear.

Catch up on proper ("proper") Ultimates, that shit is rad.

Ewww. I didn't even read shitty New Ultimates. The fact that Loeb wrote it was enough to steer me clear.

Catch up on proper ("proper") Ultimates, that shit is rad.

I need like an overview of what I need.

Started Ultimate Avengers 3, but only like one issue (art was horrible, but I will finish it and deal). And only got up to like 15 with Spidey. And now there's Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates. I think I'll wait till I finish term (end of may).

I need like an overview of what I need.

Started Ultimate Avengers 3, but only like one issue (art was horrible, but I will finish it and deal). And only got up to like 15 with Spidey. And now there's Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates. I think I'll wait till I finish term (end of may).

Oh did you read Ultimate Avengers 2 and 3?

And yeah, Avengers 3 is drawn by Dillon. My friend and I had a conversation and I (bought up an awesome point) in that he would be better at drawing soap opera comics than super hero comics. His art does detract a lot for me personally, however there are some awesomely great bits in Ultimate Avengers 3. If it was drawn by someone epic it would have been fantastic. I

I also think Ult Aven VS Nw Ult has been fricking awesome so far.

Are you upto date on Vince? Cos/ obv/iously. VIltrumeite warrear amazi.

Also read Super Dinosaur.

No I read the first few of Viltrumite war and haven't since. (not for any reason, just that I haven't kept up with anything since last october)

I need X-Men more in my life than Super Dinosaur.

I would like to see a Superboy movie but I think that would have to tie in with previous discussions about a proper DC movie universe. It would at least need a couple of good Superman movies to set up Conner being from both Clark and Lex.

Plus one of the things I always like about this Superboy is his friendship with Tim Drake which is another thing Id want to see in a movie.

Yeah, definitely makes me pro-Batman reboot. I love the current films but the prospect of them all playing into each other makes me drool.

Just finished reading the Viltrumite War trade. As I figured, it reads a lot better as one collection. Its just a shame that single issue readers basically had to have one issue of pretty much just exposition. Of course as usual I loved nearly all the art in it, my one complaint though would be Atom Eve at the end:

Ottley seems very inconsistant with her weight. When I first read it I actually thought it was something to do with her powers because she kept going from fatter to thinner, especially in the face.

so did anyone manage to get any free comic book day stuff?

I managed to get the comics I was after (Thor & Captain America, Super Dinosaur, Locke & Key, Spiderman) and the Green Lantern Heroclix, but couldn't stay long enough to take advantage of the stores 20% off trades :(

Rez, did you pick up The Boys recently? Just started it myself and it's fucking amazing. Brilliant take on super powers and funny as fuck. Had me chortling like a mad bastard more than a few times already. The end of the Tek Knight story was just...incredible. Proper piss funny stuff.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!