Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

(How many doth issues do those JMSASMUC's encompass?)

Thy neglected to mention doth read Superman : Earth One. Verily enjoyed it, particularly in comparison to any other shitty Superman comic I've read. Felt like a pretty decent origin story, skipped the boring bits, cool story and an okay/cool/reasonably original villain. Doth be good stuff, am enriched by the news of fast tracking of volume 2, beyest not overshadowing the anticipation I have for Batman Earth One! Which doth think will be verily.

And the inevitable GL Earth One.

Thor-Odinson-Thor-avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-16794209-120-116.jpg

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I decided to (try and) catch up with Savage Dragon. I got upto #61 before I stopped reading. I've got from #76-97 in issues but not from 62 upto 75 so I've downloaded them now. Luckily #63 is like a catch up issue, so it filled me in on my fuzzy memory. Really love this comic.

You can certainly see how Robert Kirkman has been influenced by it.

HAAHAHAHA!

Choice quote (Dragon just fucked this chick)

"It'd be a miracle if I can walk after that"

Brilliant.

I wouldn't agree that Image were the "best publisher", simply because I only read two (very good) Image titles, but my heart and love will always belong to Marvel and DC. Due to the characters. I get the impresson Image are pretty good all-round now, but were AWFUL intially, with all that Liefeld-esque stuff in the 90's.

--

Age of X actually sounds pretty interesting

1289844391.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29410

Is that Pixie without fairy heritage being great with knives?! Basilisk/Cyclops is great. Jubileeyessssss.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, for those wondering what is taking up my time now that Wolf-Man is over, there might be a little hint included in the issue...

PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMATION (Unless its in the letters column, but I doubt that.....) pretty much confirmation that their new comic will be in continuity with the rest of "Imageverse"

HAPPY AS HELL.

His X-Men is fairly average. I understand his Iron Man and Iron Fist is brill, but I'm not talking about that. His X-Men is very average. The direction is interesting, but so far a lot of it has been quite flat. I like that he's trying to recapture Morrison's Emma (since she's been so abused since the end of Whedon's run), but otherwise, a lot of his plots are very...lacking.

I like that's he's using all these random characters you love to see, but..take Sisterhood for example. Such an anticlimax. And that's like...6 issues worth of story. Spiral was criminally written.

I don't know. Maybe I've been spending too much time on the X-Boards on CBR.

I don't hate his writing, but it's not great (on X-Men). Looking foward to him only being co-writer of X-Men actually.

EDIT: I know what it is! I think it's that the direction is interesting, but really unwieldy. Or something. Like...it's just Cyclops, and his soldiers, there's no room for him to develop many of the other characters properly, there's so many. It doesn't feel like X-Men. Whereas X-Men: Legacy and both Astonishing titles do.

But on the other hand, I love the idea of having everyone on the island, allowing for jokey team-ups. The Legacy Necrosha team is the best example - Rogue, Magneto, Colossus, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Husk and Loa. Yes. The young ones are integrated = positive.

Yeah. Shut up. It just doesn't feel right. And the art is shit, apart from the Dodsons.

Edited by Paj!

wlor4m.jpg

HAHAHAH OMG, SAVAGE DRAGON IS SO GOOD.

Its got a great storyline, but then theres these bits of....well they're funny, I don't know if they're intentionally so but...oh god.

Like Dragon is literally irresistable to every woman in the comic, despite being green and finned. Its hilarious brilliant.

This character just started giving him a blow job for no reason. So funny.

Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine in MvC3

Collector's Edition

Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work

Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art

1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content

2 Playable DLC Characters – Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine. Content is available 4 weeks post-launch

DLC_Noted_MvC3_Shumago_CharacterArt_copy.jpgDLC_Noted_MvC3_Jill_CharacterArt.jpg

mw3xwj.jpg

Marvel

Galactus (Boss)

Taskmaster (unlock)

Shuma-Gorath (DLC)

She-Hulk

Deadpool

Captain America

X-23

Magneto

Modok

Hulk

Thor

Spider-Man

Dr. Doom

Sentinel

Storm

Phoenix/Dark Phoenix

Super Skrull

Dormammu

Wolverine

Iron Man

Capcom

Amaterasu

Ryu

Rad Spencer

Chun Li

C. Viper

Hsien-ko

Jill (DLC)

Chris

Wesker

Dante

Trish

Arthur

Felicia

Morrigan

Viewtiful Joe

Tron Bonne

Mike Haggar

Akuma (unlock)

Zero

Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright make cameos in She-Hulk's ending. I think I might be missing a character, but it's 38 for the roster.

Edited by Dante

FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29423

Why do comics keep crossing over with TBolts? We've had Avengers Academy (1/2 issues) Shadowland (2 issues?) Avengers/SecretAvengers (1) and now fucking Hulk. WTF. Can it stand on its own fucking legs for a second, its actually good when it does. FFS.

Also Death of (Ultimate) Spider-Man

Marvel is proud to announce Death of Spider-Man, the groundbreaking new story that forever changes the Ultimate Comics universe from superstar writers Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Millar. Kicking off with a prelude in Ultimate Spider-Man #153 and going into high-gear with Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates #1, this is the story that no comic fan can afford to miss when it all begins in February 2011 because, in the Ultimate Universe, There Are No Rules. This storyline continues in further issues of both Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates.

“As a group and as individuals we have made a conscious effort to create stories this year that no one has ever seen before,” said Bendis. “I am very, very proud to be a part of this storyline and very proud of Marvel for even attempting such a bold endeavor. Sit back and watch as we unveil a storyline unlike any other!!”

The most successful new imprint of the century, Ultimate Comics has continually pushed the limits of super hero comics and raised the bar for comic book storytelling, with Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.1 selling well over one million copies.

Millar added, “This is the biggest, boldest thing we've attempted in the ten years since we kicked this line off. This is the one thing that could be bigger than the CREATION of the Ultimate line and it's great to be a part of it. Being part of something like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and soon you’ll all get to read the story we’ve written for you, This should be up there with the very small number of events that really mattered. This is going to be big.”

This February, Death of Spider-Man marks the most ambitious Ultimate Comics story yet…and one that no fan will ever forget!

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #153 & #154

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Pencils by SARA PICHELLI & DAVID LAFUENTE

Cover by SARA PICHELLI

Rated T+ …$3.99 each

ON-SALE IN FEBRUARY

ULTIMATE AVENGERS VS. NEW ULTIMATES #1 (of 6)

Written by MARK MILLAR

Pencils & Cover by LEINIL YU

Variant Covers by BRYAN HITCH & FRANK CHO

Rated T+ …$3.99

ON-SALE IN FEBRUARY

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

!!!!!!!!!!!! DEL TORO is doing the Hulk series (or at least working on it)

Fucking sickle.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/16/del-toro-and-eick-in-talks-to-create-hulk-tv-series/

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!