• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Okay, had a brief look at the last few pages of the thread, so apologies if I end up repeating anything at any stage.

Just to briefly say where I'm "at" with comics, I got back into Marvel comics in a big way after the first Spiderman movie came out and Straczynski started writing The Amazing Spiderman, and started reading Dreamwave's Transformers at the time too as I'd loved Marvel UK's original series. But then for some reason I can't remember I just kinda stopped. Two years ago I was going to sell what remained of my Transformers UK comics from the 80's/90's on eBay but when I started to sort through them I kinda changed my mind...

Now, in 2010 I've nearly completed my collection of that original TF-UK run, lol, and have finally started reading through it every chance I get and loving every minute. Also collecting the original Death's Heads and Action Force comics but concentrating on the EPIC TF-UK first! (and... anyone remember Oink! ?)

I've had a look around at new comics coming out so I can see what I can start reading at #1 over the next few months. Stan Lee's new book coming soon is intriguing, just because it really seems as if it's being pushed heavily and I'd like to see what Lee has got these days. Also of massive interest to me is...

6th October, bi monthly.

It says its serialised in smaller installments in Clint, so there might be a preview in there I assume. or rather first small installment.

I'm looking forward to this! Jonathan Ross and Frankie Boyle on the writing team, both huge comic fans and it'll be interesting to see how they do. If nothing else, it's good to see a brand new UK comic that's not aimed at the free-gift-every-issue-cause-the-content-is-crap kiddie market. A decent, ongoing anthology UK monthly sounds good to me!

@ Chainclaw - Read Invincible. :)

Lol, cheers thanks! At the moment, apart from the couple above I could do with some good recommendations :)

Basically cannot go wrong with anything by Image. My favourite comics/must have/reads.

Must Read, or just go away now/I think nearly everyone in this thread reads

Invincible

The Walking Dead

Mega Must Reads

Chew

The Sword (now finished)

Invincible Iron Man (started 2/3 years ago, so reasonably new and amazing)

Astounding Wolf-Man (finishes next issue)

Green Lantern! From about 3 years ago upto present

Other general recommendations

Deadpool

Spider-Man Grim Hunt storyline

Loads but can't think.

Kick-Ass. Etc.

Seriously though, Invincible and The Walking Dead each on issue 75 approximately at the moment, both by "Robert Kirkman" and both completely jaw droppingly high standard. Genuinely go away if you don't. :p

You guys know any other uk based online comic shops apart from the forbidden planet ones and the reed comics one I occasionally mention?

I'm still looking for Justice vol.1 and don't want to import or use eBay. I've checked all the usual places I use and no luck.

Only place I've found it instock is midtown comics but as I said I don't really want to import.

Invincible Iron Man (started 2/3 years ago, so reasonably new and amazing)

Deadpool

The Transformers comics I'm reading had Iron Man (and Iron Man of 2020) as their back-up strip for quite a long time in the run and they've been brilliant, classic strips from the early 80's which never made it to these shores at the time.

And last Christmas my girlfriend put issue 1 of the new volume of Wolverine & Deadpool in my stocking and I thought the Deadpool strips were just hilarious! Unfortunately after a few issues her shop (she manages a shop in the main railway station here in Belfast) stopped getting the comic in and her distributor never sent it back out even after numerous requests.

You guys know any other uk based online comic shops apart from the forbidden planet ones and the reed comics one I occasionally mention?

I'm still looking for Justice vol.1 and don't want to import or use eBay. I've checked all the usual places I use and no luck.

Only place I've found it instock is midtown comics but as I said I don't really want to import.

Hmmm. Don't know anywhere online but you could always give my local a ring, see if they've got it. They send out. If you wanna try

01494 786965

Just read Animal Man by Grant Morrison and lie in a pool of your own bodily fluids for a week, absorbing them slowly back into your body.

I hate you all.

I'll do so soon. Read more Dynamo 5. Etc. You'll love 25.

Don't go caving in to Paj's overdramatic demands!

Just finished reading vol.1 of the Uncanny X-Men Marvel Masterworks trade I bought. Id read a couple of the issues before and while there were only a couple of interesting one it was still enjoyable. Im also suprised about just how soon the Phoenix stuff started in Uncanny after the relaunch, this trade ends with Jean piloting the shuttle back to Earth.

Don't go caving in to Paj's overdramatic demands!

It's so much more essential as a work of fiction/art than 90% of everything we discuss in here.

And as I say, so like...grounded in the DCU so as not to polarise those who can't deal with Morrison.

Yeah they are doing the Batman Earth One graphic novel as well. Lot of complaints lately though because the Bruce Wayne redsigned costume looks a lot like the Earth One version.

I dont think either are needed but thats not really the point is it. Its nice to have reimaginings of characters now and again and with this new multiverse its worth exploring.

Lol! Okay. I've just "found" the entire run of Peter David's Supergirl though, which is my favourite thing, and was never collected into trade other than the first 9 stunning issues (my first graphic novel - really mature/dark/spiritual/disturbing considering...).

So I'll be occupied with that. Also delving into Generation X a little too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!