7. Lock and Key

6. Invincible

5. Casanova

4. The Killer

3. Hellboy

2. Chew

1. The Walking Dead

as I keep saying, Secret Six is awesome, probably my favourite DC book

and how they can put Scarlet in when it's only had one issue is a bit rich!

oh and with regards to the Image Solicits, I'd guess the reason that there's no Invincible is probably because the issue solicited for October is probably going to hit in November

I read Justice League - and no, they're currently in a crossover with JSA fighting Alan Stewart, who's been driven mad by the Starheart. (And generally loads of heroes/villains whose powers pertain to elements and magic have gone on rampages around the world and stuff).

They're in space atm. Jade and Obsidian fused together into one hermaphrodite being. Donna Troy is accused of fancying Kyle Rayner (who's there too, on a mission to kill Alan Scott by order of the Guardians). And other such drama.

Do any of you guys read the Justice League series? I was just wondering if there'd been any interaction with Wonder Woman as she is now yet.

Nope, but I know that she isnt part of JL teams for awhile now.

The current teams are Batman, Supergirl, Donna Troy, Jade, Jesse Quick, Cyborg ,Congo Bill and Starman.

It's really annoying though, cause obviously his Supes is still the "same" - the the change in Wonder Woman is completely different, and we don't know how it affects the rest of the DCU, or if they just won't mention her until a status quo is returned to. And what's Cassie Sandsmark's say in all this?

Don't you mean 702...? I'm liking these "missing R.I.P" chapters. I stopped reading ROBW, but might read it all properly soon. now I've read RIP and Final Crisis.

---

JLA 50 cover

jlav2_cv501.jpg

I know I'm the only person here who reads JLA (it's nothing that amazing, I just enjoy the team), but this has me excited. I hope Ethan Van Sciver is doing interior art too, I'm sick of Bagley's art in JLA.

I find the team really interesting, as I said, how a lot of the Big 7 roles are now filled with female counterparts, and are now led by Donna Troy (Wonder Woman substitute) as opposed to the "Super" person. And Dick Grayson Batman is totally different to Bruce Batman (obviously). And Congo Bill and Starman add so much.

Are the Crime Syndicate actually from Earth 2 in the current multiverse? I know they werent in the original but were in that Morrison story which never really made sense as I think it was done before the multiverse returned.

EDIT: Doesnt matter I found it, they're back to being from Earth 3 again.

Edited by Happenstance

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDKLo0v4SvKQGMXpFvKS4EItSezqrKOQiDIT_ELlV3RcwULSg&t=1&usg=__9KSQGSkCUDpD-JLXbRsYuTbGoaY=

This. Is. Awesome!

Seriously cool issue. Great character work (Finally! Black Sampson and Bulletproof!) Nice new status quo, decent badguys (new and old), great Invincible cameo work. Ohmyword. Everything I wanted this book to be just delivered. Yes.

SO much this week!

Batman 702

Wonder Woman 602

Astonishing X-Men 35

X-Men Legacy

Guarding the Globe

Storm + Gambit

Avengers

Justice League of America

and probs more. Quite liking the new Wondy so far.

EDIT: Okay, Curse of the Mutants: Storm and Gambit is very possibly my favourite comic from 2010 so far...or at least within the X-stable.

JUN100627_low_X-MEN_CURSE_OF_MUTANTS_STORM_&_GAMBIT.jpg

Brilliant, just note-perfect and what I miss about the X-Men these days. Funny, everyone's in character, it's action packed, with loads of "Yes!" moments. All in a single (slightly larger than normal) issue. The page of Gambit walking through the battle to whack the vampire woman with his bo staff, the Northstar/Dazzler team-up Twilight reference...Emma being written brilliantly....

And of course, Chris Bachalo is essential. Who is this stunning writer though? Out of the shadows.

I think I'll buy the issue itself, just to keep.

Edited by Paj!

Yeah from what ive heard around half way through the series they basically had to change the ending so some things that were in there from the beginning didnt make sense.

Im basically getting them for kind of completions sake, I mean its a big year long event which I feel I should own. Plus its a lot more connected to the DCU than 52 was, like the fact that Bart Allen's funeral was in the first volume.

Its gonna be a shame while im reading and I notice it pretty much go to shit but I at least enjoyed reading the first volume.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!