Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Oh. I actually just went into the full solicits and saw that.

Also this, by David Mack (DAN DARE - this is the guy who did the first Bendis arc for Daredevil):

JLA_Cv51_var.jpg

Which is an upcoming JLA issue. Good to know Starman and Congorilla will stay around.

Also, has anyone read any of the Azrael series? The covers cry to me.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I haven't got to Brubaker's yet, but yeah, heard it's gooooood.

Just read Superman 702. At least this one set up possible things for the future, but again, not sure If I'm digging the patriotic stuff. I suppose it's interesting in concept, how he "saved" a whole load of people in a different way than usual.

I wish Cassaday was doing the interiors as well as the covers. His art stuns.

FUCK OFF MARVEL YOU DICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #150

Written by Brian Michael Bendis

Art by DAVID LAFUENTE, SKOTTIE YOUNG, SARA PICHELLI, JAMIE MCKELVIE & more!

Cover by David Lafuente

Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

Wraparound Variant Cover by Mark Bagley

Not only is this officially the Ultimate Spider-Man 150th issue anniversary, but it is also the 10 year anniversary of the birth of the Ultimate Marvel universe!! Can you believe it?? We can't either! To celebrate, Eisner award-winning series writer Brian Michael Bendis has created this triple size extravaganza and gathered together a stellar lineup of amazing artists!! A reunion of the greatest artists of not only this historic book but of the the entire line of Ultimate Comics. Poor Peter Parker has made such a mess of his life as Spider-Man that the other super heroes are forced to gather together and decide once and for all what to do with the young wall crawler. Guest starring the New Ultimates, the Storm Siblings, Ben Grimm, Iceman, Kitty Pryde and a slew of surprise stars! Also includes reprinting of Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1 featuring an all-star artist line-up!

104 pages/54 pages of reprinted material/Rated T+ …$5.99

They just went back to new numbering 14 issues ago. Seriously, fuck off.

Awesome front cover though.

122_ULTIMATE_COMICS_SPIDER_MAN_150.jpg

Em ULTIMATE DAGGER?! She's not been introduced before has she? I assume that's her on the cover in the top that looks exactly like the 616 Dagger top.

Tandy Bowen has only made a few cameos as class president or something similar.

It clearly is.

I hate him. Why is he even on the books? I don't understand. It can't be that great of a selling-point. The Dodson's are the "other" creative team and aren't they much more acclaimed/famous? Ugh.

Does Greg Land show up to cons and stuff? I can't imagine going if I were him...people would abuse him.

I actually think the artwork (interior at least) is fantastic atm, I only have issue with some of the character designs themselves - Gwen and MJ just feel wrong. And the thing that irks me is just the huge shift in tone from Bagley's stuff. Considering Bagley's stuff is usually only ever "decent" elsewhere, his Ultimate Spidey was always great, even if people always did the same expressions (looking down in digust to represent like...every emotion etc, lots of people having that weird shaggy hair..or maybe that's just me.). Talking of Bagley...I made this out of boredom..

DARKTHINGs.jpg

I only realised today that the covers of JLA and JSA's current crossover "Dark Things" were interlocking. I put together them all in their original forms (so the colouring's off on a few bits you can see, and bizarrely, things are in different places in the one with Donna Troy's legs and Power Girl - If Donna was to match up, Alan Scott's sword would be off etc). The covers themselves are really garish once finished with all the writing, Brightest Day banner, etc. I can't find any hi-res stuff of the all the covers coloured correctly without the banners on. :(

The covers themselves are really garish once finished with all the writing, Brightest Day banner, etc. I can't find any hi-res stuff of the all the covers coloured correctly without the banners on. :(

White lantern variants poster

• Brightest Day 7 Variant – Aquaman
  • JL: Generation Lost Variant 7 – Max Lord
  • Birds of Prey Variant – Hawk
  • Titans 26 Variant – Osiris
  • Brightest Day 8 Variant – Firestorm
  • Green Lantern Corps 51 – Reverse Flash
  • Justice Society of America 42 – Hawkman

whitelanternvariantsupd.jpg

Edited by Dante

lol, Hawkgirl.

That's such an un-"UNLEASHED!" cover. :p It looks like she's scared.

---

I'm almost half-way through the Final Crisis tpb, and I am REALLY enjoying it. I can understand ReZ's earlier comments about hating it cause he didn't know who anyone was; this feels like a culmination of "Morrison's DC". I mean the whole mystery of the New Gods, the Darkside club etc is all from the Mister Miracle miniseries which I read as part of Seven Soldiers, and characters and themes from stuff as far back fucking Animal Man (late 80's!) are here (i.e Merryman and the concept of limbo in general).

Personally, this is amazing to me. But I don't know how DC expected this to really resonate with a huge audience - Ieat it up because I think it's not only a stunning experience, but also because I'm entrenched in "Morrison's DC" and all the concepts he explores/has explored. If you aren't ( I assume most aren't, which is understandable...) it must seem like a clusterfuck.

But yeah. When the Superman go the Limbo Library to look at "the book", I actually said out loud "Wow." when the ensuing scene unfolds. How it describes ideas and concepts and shit ahaaghagahsgahsa this is what I'm interested in. Symbols and existence and shit.

(I also disagree with Happenstance saying Grant Morrison is "trying to be clever" :p But I haven't finished it yet, we'll see.)

*goes to read more*

No. I only thanked Happenstance's post cause it was funny. I quite enjoyed it. Not enough to read it religiously. I'll eventually come back to it. It's low on my list.

I read X-Men 1-3 (the ones that sold millions) from the early 90's, Claremont's final issues on X-Men. I own issue 1 for the lol, but never actually finished the stoyline.

God he's awful. Such a bad scripter.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!