Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I've read a few of the Joker's Asylum issues, just of the characters or artists I love. Like the awesome Clayface one last month drawn by Kelley Jones.

---

Also, I've not started on Shadowland yet/caught up on Daredevil, but I hope Gambit does go somewhere else. He feels like excess baggage in X-Men atm. He needs to go. I do like his current predicament though.

There's also a Kraven teaser for Who Will Be The New Man Without Fear stuff.

Edited by Paj!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I just received my new Invincible Iron Man Hardcover. Vol. 4 collecting Stark: Disassembled

One of my favorite arcs of the run so far- the interplay between the internal, mental journey of Stark and the excellent ensemble adventure in the real world is brilliant. The art is frequently off the hook too- especially when The Ghost and Doctor Strange get involved.

Are there any good comics about Black Adam? He looks cool.

Edit: Woooo!! The Boys has been dispatched!

The best story (and probably only ive actually read) was 52 but thats 4 trades, some of which are hard to find and its not all about him. It was about the DC universe for a year without Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

The other ones will most likely be Captain Marvel stories and id think theyre gonna be more colourful and cheesy than you'd be looking for.

Nice image for you though from Infinite Crisis:

black_adam_in_the_house.jpg

By the way, its amazing how many images of the Rock come up when you search for Black Adam on google, he really does look like he'd be perfect for the part.

I think they probably will end up reprinted, you just have to wait and see really. Im still waiting to get my hands on vol.4. DC arent brilliant with their trade releases. Hardcovers take a month or so to come out but then trade paperbacks can take a year or more to be released after the original story.

Daft has digivolved into Daft - Comic Book Lover.

Is there anything essential I need to read before it?

I don't even think you should read it. Personally I hated it, but thats not why I don't think you should get it. Having knowledge of the DC universe generally is good, but....I just can't see 52 being enjoyable for a beginner reader.

Infinite Crisis was the event that led into it but that could end up confusing you more as it deals with the DC multiverse.

Basically 52 follows some of the smaller characters in the DCU and what happened during the year after Infinite Crisis (it wasnt shown in the normal comics, they all jumped forward a year). I think you'll possibly be a lost at first with who people are but I think the books do a good job of introducing everyone.

So basically if you think you'd be interested in reading the event that started 52 then read Infinite Crisis but its probably not necessary.

I just had a look around the usual online places I buy trades from and none seemed to have 52 vol.1 (although I cant get Play.com to work). It might be worth going to the sites that shall not be named and just trying out the first issue or two to see if you like where its going.

I don't even think you should read it. Personally I hated it, but thats not why I don't think you should get it. Having knowledge of the DC universe generally is good, but....I just can't see 52 being enjoyable for a beginner reader.

I read 52 pretty much as a DC beginner apart from Batman and Superman and I loved it.

Daft has digivolved into Daft - Comic Book Lover.

I'm enjoying getting into it. I'll just have to see if my enthusiasm will hold and not taken down by some ADHD. Sings look good with the amount of stuff I've oredered. :heh: I've lost count of what's coming, actually.

In what way?

After seeing that trailer for DC Universe Online I keep wanting to shout SHAZAAAAAAAAAAAM!!! all the time. :D

Just read Brightest Day #7

Pretty awesome, learnt quite a bit about why people were brought back by the white entity and what they need to do. Makes me think as well that some of these, if they dont complete their tasks could go back to being dead after what it said to Professor Zoom. His task was complete so "Life restored"

Everyones reasons for being brought back:

-Deadman: Is essentially the ring, so to speak. The entity is dying, and like a ring seeking a replacement, Deadman is to find "the one"

-J'onn: is meant to burn down the entire star city forest

-Firestorm: need to stop the black lantern incarnate Firestorm from destroying the White Lantern

-Hawkman: Needs to stop the Queen of Hawkworld, not allowing them to escape it

-Hawkgirl: Needs to stop Hath Set from killing Hawkman, if he does, no more resurrections

-Aquaman: needs to find Aqualad "before they do"

-Boomerang: throw the boomerang (at dove)

-Hawk: Catch said boomerang before it hitting Dove.

-Jade: "balance the darkness"

-Osiris: Free Isis

-Max Lord: Magog will bring the world into war, stop that war

-Reverse Flash: Bring Barry out of the Speedforce, mission complete, life restored.

(Stolen from another forum, couldnt be bothered to write them myself)

OMIT Part II sad-emoticons-for-MSN-02.gif

Edited by Happenstance

I got bored of Brightest Day at about 3 or 4.

---

I'm loving Bendis and Maleev's Daredevil so far. I enjoy how he's not done all that much ass-kicking...since's "just a normal man with super senses". It focuses a lot more on the organised crime bosses, and of course them revealing his identity to the world, something most superhero characters never go through cause it would change the dynamic of the comic too much. Vanessa Fisk is the boss.

It's one in a series of posters teasing who will be the "New Man Without Fear". Daredevil, (the former) is having a bit of a meltdown atm.

So far, Black Panther (above), Kraven (the Spider-Man villain), Gambit and Nova (uber cosmic dude who makes little sense here) have been teased.

Well, Daredevil's title was always

daredevil_logo.gif

Like Uncanny X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man etc.

I'm fuzzy on how the title would be applied to anyone else. Daredevil has it because he's blind, but all his other sense allow him to perceive stuff to a higher degree than anyone else. So no fear. Sort of? yeah.

I mentioned only a few pages back how I hated him and hope he goes the way of the dodo (he's done nothing of note in X-Men for years), but I've read X-men Legacy and he has a semi-interesting subplot now involving the resurgence of his evil Death persona/powers. Presumably similarly to Archangel's. (I know this means nothing to you, lol).

1296255-untitled_super.jpg

For some reason, none of the X-Men he possessed/tried to kill whilst Hellbound have brought it up since escaping Hell. Maybe they thought it was a symptom of the place itself.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!