Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Is there a good blog/website (like io9 or Kotaku) for keeping up to date with comics?

Also, I want Gotham Central. Why has no one told me about this?

well there's Comic Book Resources, Bleeding Cool are a couple I use

and the reason no-one has told you about Gotham Central would seem that no-one has read it on here yet!

I'll probably be picking up the first book tomorrow :)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah, they all arrived. (Haunt, Hush, GL: Rebirth, Batman: Haunted Knigt)

Only had a chance to read a bit of Rebirth. It's a bit confusing. Not sure I like it. Although I liked Batman in it. It's kind of cool how he has no super powers whatsoever. I could totally pull that off. :heh:

Edit: Free delivery is so dumb on Amazon. I swear it's as fast as First Class. They sent Haunted Knight a day after the other lot and it arrived an hour before the others on Monday (It's estimated delivery time is the 6th). Just weird.

Edited by Daft

Edit: Free delivery is so dumb on Amazon. I swear it's as fast as First Class. They sent Haunted Knight a day after the other lot and it arrived an hour before the others on Monday (It's estimated delivery time is the 6th). Just weird.

Yeah but it is inconsistant. I never know which to go with as sometimes free delivery gets to me the next day, other times it can take at least a week. I went with first class with that Spider-Man collection today.

I don't really need anything urgently and it's best to save some moneys.

I read volume 1 of Haunt. Apart from a few pretty awful bits of dialogue I quite enjoyed it. Not sure how long it will hold me, though.

@ Paj - What's it about?

@ Paj - What's it about?

Excerpts from Wiki:

The Invisibles is a mature readers comic book series...It was created and scripted by Scottish writer Grant Morrison...

The plot follows (more or less) a single cell of The Invisible College, a secret organization battling against physical and psychic oppression using time travel, magic, meditation, and physical violence.

For most of the series, the team includes leader King Mob; Lord Fanny, a Brazilian trans shaman; Boy, a former member of the NYPD; Ragged Robin, a telepath with a mysterious past; and Jack Frost, a young hooligan from Liverpool who may be the next Buddha. Their enemies are the Archons of Outer Church, interdimensional alien gods who have already enslaved most of the human race without its knowledge...

But it's fantastically scripted and plotted (so far), and as with all his stuff, is always compelling and full of really great ideas and concepts. It also lets the story unravel as you read it, and isn't full of stupid exposition like a lot of superhero comics (this isn't one). But yeah, it's insane/awesome. And really interesting.

I've been eBay/Amazon-sellering it, but I'm a cheapskate. Got first 2 volumes for about a fiver each, third for £3 something. :)

It also has brilliant covers for the individual issues. Which I always appreciate.

v1_5f.jpg

v1_10.jpg

v1_13.jpg

And my personal fave.

v1_15.jpg

Edited by Paj!

I do love comics that do that, Planetary also did that, even the trade dress changed every issue, plus it was an outstanding comic.

300px-Planetary_2.jpg300px-Planetary_Vol_1_24.jpg

only problem with it was it took over 10 years for the 27 issues to come out! :D

Edited by gmac

I don't really need anything urgently and it's best to save some moneys.

I read volume 1 of Haunt. Apart from a few pretty awful bits of dialogue I quite enjoyed it. Not sure how long it will hold me, though.

@ Paj - What's it about?

Glad you enjoyed it. *Smug face to the haters*

Incidentally the latest issue was pretty awesome, its gradually becoming more interesting and I imagine I will have a similar feeling from reading it as I get in Inv/TWD/Astounding Wolf-Man (e.g. mass excitement) fairly soon.

------------

Anyone read the latest Green Lantern? I thought it was fucking awesome. I LOVE character "digivolutions" if you will, and the one in this issue was amazing.

(The orange entity) possesses Hector Hammond. Sick.

Things other people should read

- Dynamo 5

- Scalped

- Locke and Key

Did anyone else read Wolverine Weapon X? My favourite Wolverine stuff ever. Jason Aaron rights him perfectly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!