Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I quite liked Hush. The art is spectacular and the writing is decent. For Loeb.

oh and re: Rebirth- the actual Green Lantern book (#1 onwards) is way better, though it takes a bit longer than it should to get fully in to the Green Lantern mythos.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Loeb is shite now. Not that Hush was particularly great. It was really just villain after villain after villain. If Jim Lee hadn't drawn it, it wouldn't be so well known/loved, IMO.

By Arkham Asylum do you mean the amazing graphic novel with painted artwork I recommended? If so, you're right. It's brilliant. READ MORE BY HIM.

--

I'm going to buy Final Crisis soon, amazing price on Amazon, and from what I read, I'll get a good idea of what's going on as I've read all of Seven Soldiers and other tidbits that apparently if not read, make it confusing.

Loeb is shite now. Not that Hush was particularly great. It was really just villain after villain after villain. If Jim Lee hadn't drawn it, it wouldn't be so well known/loved, IMO.

By Arkham Asylum do you mean the amazing graphic novel with painted artwork I recommended? If so, you're right. It's brilliant. READ MORE BY HIM.

Yeah, that AA. Read it just before the game came out.

Mark Hamill rocks.

I think i'll probably head into town later to get so more trades. Waterstones have got 3 for 2 at the moment on all of theirs.

Have you read Final Crisis before Paj? If not i'll be interested to see what you think of it, being a Morrison fan and the event being pretty much hated by everyone. I havent been able to find out yet if the trade version has the Superman issues in that the HC did. Without those it actually makes even less sense as they introduce someone who just appears later like you should already know who he is.

Never read it before.

I heard you HAVE to read Superman Beyond, which is in the trade apparently, as is Resist. But yeah, I'm always up for his stuff in general. And I'm willing to seek out issues that might help explain stuff etc.

Yeah thats it, Superman Beyond is collected in the Final Crisis hardcover.

I mean I do understand having different bits of information in event tie ins but Final Crisis had really important information in them so if you didnt read it then you were completely lost in the main event.

I will one day read that. And that's a brilliant deal. :o

ReZ, Scalped looks interesting whenever I see the covers, but I can't be arsed. I might do eventually. But I've also not read Chew after issue 1. Not cause I hate it, just cause I'm not in the mood.

Shit the bed that's brilliant. AOA got me in to comics, so I'd love a proper copy.

You should read it Paj- especially as you're quite up on your X-Men you'd really enjoy the elaborate switcheroo. Everyone's in the wrong place but it feels so right.

I got really lucky with it, I was searching for full runs of comics on ebay and just searched "complete" and that came up, but the guy had spelled it as Apocolypse, so I kept an eye on it and nobody bid, so yeah, 15 for the books and 2.75 for the postage hehe.

I had been advised to start with volume 2 because volume 1 is a lot of prequels, but as a whole the way to book is, it's really good, all in chronological order with nothing missed out (as far as I would know).

think I'll need to pop into my local Waterstones and see if they've got anything worth picking up!

have noticed though that their online site is doing a good deal on most of the Blackest Night hardcovers if anyone is looking to pick those up clicky!

Unfortunately those are the Titan versions though so wont be out for a few months. Such a shame DC dont publish their own trades over here as we either have to wait for the Titan ones (which are just the DC versions with a sticker on the back) or find websites that sell you the imported DC copies. Thankfully the online comic shop I use does so I managed to order Blackest Night this morning.

Decided to try and go back to when I used to enjoy Spider-Man comics so im now in the middle of getting all the trades to replace my single issues. Just ordered the Amazing Spider-Man JMS Ultimate Book 4. For some reason I cant find what the actual cover looks like so i'll just post the image amazon gave me:

51nR1f29KkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Has anyone read Gotham Central? I've noticed it in my local LCS and seen it recommended on several other sites. Seeing as it's by Brubaker, Rucka and Lark I'm guessing that it's probably a good book, but any opinons here?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!