• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

You guys think the certain site that shall not be named is dead or just having server problems as it has before?

Anyway, as I mentioned in ReZ's thread ive got a few trades currently on their way this week:

Siege

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol.1

Teen Titans

Batman RIP

Anyone reading JMS' new Superman run?

I'll only go into JMS' part in this issue but as a lot of people, using the stupid womans slap regarding her husbands cancer to start off the grounded arc just seemed really stupid.

So far I think think "Grounded" is ok, watching Superman wander around the US is interesting enough but I did read a good point in the IGN review. This whole arc could be ruined if JMS just uses it to talk about all the issues he wants. In this issue we already had a few crop up and it'll get tiresome very quickly if every issue Superman just gets to a new town and sorts out ethical/moral etc problems that JMS wants to address.

Generally I need:

The end of Second Coming, whatever that entails? X-Force, Second Coming 2 etc? Last I read was Cable emerging back in the present due to not being "organic".

X-Men 1

Spidey Grim Hunt...only read the first 2 IIRC.

Batman and Robin 13

JLA/JL Generation Lost if they're out

Ultimate: Spidey, New Ultimates and Avengers

Hulk and Incredible Hulk

Did Invincible come out? Other things like that probably, I need.

Ergh.

Hm I doubt it to be honest. These things are generally written a long time in advance and 8 issues is already the longest arc in the book so far.

--

OK so The Walking Dead #75 is great. The Backup at the end is, however, genius. I won't spoil it but It's Ottley and Fco and goes back to a letter printed in #2. It's absolutely gold.

Just read Avengers #3. As much as I love JRJRs art I dont think it was that brilliant in this issue, I dont think ive seen his art on a team book before so im hoping that he's just getting used to having to draw so many people during fight scenes.

This issue though does make me a bit hopeful that Spider-Man may be used properly in this version of the Avengers. In New Avengers Bendis pretty much did nothing with the character except for have him make stupid comments.

Finished all of Seven Soldiers by Grant Morrison last night. Anyone else read it?

SevenSoldiersKlarionCv2.jpg

It was certainly interesting in concept, and no one does mind-bending stuff that hits home emotionally/mentally (that doesn't even make sense, but I know what I mean) like him.

I liked how it was 7 seperate stories that all interlinked, either just by visual elements appearing in multiple stories or the themes (that make it one big epic).

It seemed the main point was to redefine each character and kinda set them on their way for the future. Some of these felt a bit "...". I didn't see the point of redoing Mister Miracle/ The New Gods, as it felt like "Ultimate New Gods" until near the end, especially with the Ultimate F4 artist doing it. But it was a good story in the end. Just unsure if this was meant to erase prior history or what?

My favourite stories were Klarion, Zattanna, Shining Knight and the 2 book-ending issues to the entire series.

I can understand why people weren't happy with the concept when it came out, 30 issues you HAVE to buy to understand it all seems very steep, especially when it feels like nothing important is happening at the time, like when they introduce the last 3 soldiers, it feels like it slows down. I'm still unsure what Bulleteers point was. Why she was one of the Soldiers. Apart from a cyptic note from Morrison in the script at the back pointing out the visual repetition between a panel of her, and one of Aurakles, the first superhuman. Which I suppose does raise questions of man's beastial nature, violence, sex, etc...which all make sense with her story. But I don't really get her point. I'll re-read it/investigate. *shrug*

But I love Morrison and it was very enjoyable with great art from all involved.

I thought Avengers #3 was pretty fucking shit all round.

TWD, TBolts and Childrens Crusade were all the shit though. Vant bloody read One Moment In Time yet because I need to download last issue of Spidey cos comic shop didnt get it and we are currently experiencing a power cut since 11am. Its verily annoying.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!