Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Remind me what the end of 12 was. I forget. Wait....Nope.

Honestly though? You ain't seen NOTHING yet.

it's the shot where...

and Allan The Alien are on The Moon and he's just saying 'dunno..."finish highschool I guess" with all the stars and that wonderful shot of Earth as a backdrop. I thought it was perfectly pitched, summing up a fantastic twelve issues.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

it's the shot where...

and Allan The Alien are on The Moon and he's just saying 'dunno..."finish highschool I guess" with all the stars and that wonderful shot of Earth as a backdrop. I thought it was perfectly pitched, summing up a fantastic twelve issues.

Oh yeah that bits awesome. Theres a lot of epic bits like that.

-------

Dark Avengers, Wolverine is.....

Well assumably, Daken, Wolverines son. Who I didn't even know existed until I just checked. Im only basing this on the position of claws, as seen from the Wiki pic of Daken and New Avengers #50. Its clearly him.

Cool.

it's the shot where...

That is a really nice page, well written and drawn.

I want to carry on getting my trades up to date with Invincible as its been a while since I read the older stuff. Not gonna be able to get them for a while though as im trying to keep all my money saved to get a PS3 at the end of the month.

Oh yeah that bits awesome. Theres a lot of epic bits like that.

-------

Dark Avengers, Wolverine is.....

Well assumably, Daken, Wolverines son. Who I didn't even know existed until I just checked. Im only basing this on the position of claws, as seen from the Wiki pic of Daken and New Avengers #50. Its clearly him.

Cool.

Logan has a....aw, fuck. I hate comics some times.

you what?

to clarify, Logan with a son is OK (he was born in, what, 1920 something?) but from what you said I take it he also has claws, the healing factor etc etc?

What's good about Wolverine is that he's a one off- an unstoppable living weapon. the more they keep doing this, and fucking with the Weapon programme, the worse he'll become as a character. Fucking chumps.

you what?

to clarify, Logan with a son is OK (he was born in, what, 1920 something?) but from what you said I take it he also has claws, the healing factor etc etc?

What's good about Wolverine is that he's a one off- an unstoppable living weapon. the more they keep doing this, and fucking with the Weapon programme, the worse he'll become as a character. Fucking chumps.

Nah its all gravy. Its perfectly feasible and even expected that Wolverines powers would be passed down to him.

(I've only breifly read Wiki) but apparently he was taken in by Weapon X also for the (assumably) adamantium. (Which...is maybe a bit cheap...but meh)

I'm fine with it.

Bruces son I'm actually fine with now aswell, (only because it was really well written though, and makes sense) hes called Damian, and is the spawn of Bruce et Talia.

bah.

The only good thing Marvel have done with Weapon X is when they made X a numeral. That was a quality storyline.

Let me guess- retconed by a spineless rewrite?

As far as I know its still a numeral, just not really mentioned a lot. I liked it aswell. Be nice to get Fantomex back at some point aswell.

bah.

The only good thing Marvel have done with Weapon X is when they made X a numeral. That was a quality storyline.

Let me guess- retconed by a spineless rewrite?

Yeah thats still in place, (although I've not read that storyline)

The upcoming Wolvie Origins storyline starring Daken is called Weapon XI. (In fact...the solicitation sounds awesome...as in I may have to buy awesome.)

Wowza I didn't know Cap was I. Thats awesome.

Ahhh....Cap. :(

Also I love how....erm

In like the last few years we've lost both tiny founding Avengers.

Not good to be small. :heh:

---------

Does anyone else read The Walking Dead? Just finished #55, and once again Kirkman has hit me for six.

9/10

decided Invincible vol. 2 is essential christmas list material. I'm reading vol. 1 again and it just gets better and better.

I swear you just....have no idea. If you like it now, you will ADORE it when it gets to the 50's issues. The colourist changes at 51, and its a bit of a change at first, but I actually prefer it now. In fact 51 is the worst inked.

Its just sooooooooooo good. I love Invincible so much, honestly I am just INCREDIBLY passionate about it. Love love love.

I love how he sets stories up or plants a tiny seed, and then literally doesn't pick them up for thirty issues etc. So many loose ends that you go "Oh my god I forgot about X" etc. Amazing.

I could talk about Inv all day....well....I do. Lolzz.

It was...I think...the 2nd arc of Grant Morrison's New X-Men relaunch. Basically, it turns out that Captain America is weapon I, Logan is Weapon X and I think they go as high as IV by that point. It's pretty epic.

Yeah. I loved Morrisons relaunch of New X-Men. Loved Quitley's art too (he did a lot of the early stories of it), and best of all was his bringing in of Emma Frost. One of THE character turnarounds of the 00's, in terms of coming from the C-list to the A-list.

Yeah. I loved Morrisons relaunch of New X-Men. Loved Quitley's art too (he did a lot of the early stories of it), and best of all was his bringing in of Emma Frost. One of THE character turnarounds of the 00's, in terms of coming from the C-list to the A-list.

And now the V-listWHAT :heh:

Ultimate Spider-Man #128

Best issue in a long time. Not that its been particularly not-good, but this was awesome like it used to be. Wicked issue.

Gwen was essentially cloned by the Carnage symbiote. Then she came back, Venom absorbed Carnage to make a HUGE red eyed Venom symbiote, (with Eddie in) and then fled!

Then Venom attacked someone, that someone was Beetle, and Beetle absorbed the symbiote into his suit and is revealed to be working for....Doctor Doom!

AWESOME!

9/10

Wow, Mark Waids (I think its Mark?) two issue stint on Spider-Man was probably the best few issues since Brand New Day. Loved them. Im glad to hear he's on as a regular. I would in fact rather have 12 of those per year than the 36 with different writers. But meh. I'm still enjoying it overall.

Thunderbolts sounds AMAZING coming up. Headsman (I did a bit of research on...an old Spidey bad guy. Looks bad ass) and Irredeemable Ant-Man! Can't recommend the two small digest trades of that enough. Very cheap, very high quality. (Written by Kirkman)

BONER FREAKING OVERLOAD!

They've shown the free comic book day (May) books, which is practically a sneak peek at Mays solictiations...well one lol.

Anyway DCs is Blackest Night. GORGEOUS front cover.

dc.jpg

And....looks like theres a major new flagship/replacement title starting....

marvel.jpg

How good does that look.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!