Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

What do you read Dante? You post a lot of news but you never comment on anything!

---

It's been a really good couple of weeks for comics- I've read shitloads. I think once Marvel's Heroic Age gets in to full swing it'll be really good; It's actually rather nice not knowing that Marvel are building towards a specific event book. Since Civil War it's been a series of temporary set ups with obvious limited running- As soon as Osborn came to power it was all about how he was going to go down one day. Now, if Marvel are to be believed, they're not pushing the events and are simply letting the new age play out.

Obviously something big is coming along, though. Question is what? Steve Rodgers and Iron Man have both had visions of the same killer walkers (possibly Stark Tech) but that's about it. I have a feeling that might be a big Avengers story but not a line-wide event like Secret Invasion, which was frankly nuts.

Good times :)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Come on though, the artwork is so amazingly justifiable.

And as far as "conventional" super heroics go....it will not be beat. Also its only 70 issues in and still amazing BLAH BLAH.

Fuck you all. I feel NO JOY comparable to the absolute inner peace, excitement and thorough happiness I feel when I read new issues of Invincible.

Personally, I found The Walking Dead to be my favorite. I must have read, what, 60 odd issues in less than a week when I got in to it. For me, it's up there with Watchmen as a testament to the power of the medium at it's best.

Though, obviously, I heart 'Vince pretty hard.

----

new comic day! Kind of! Hoping Second Coming #2 comes out this afternoon, as can be the case with event books. Usually, on The Place We Don't Name, Wednesday is dominated by curios and DC releases but Siege etc was always much quicker. Fingers crossed.

Uncanny X-Force revealed:

13213storystory_full-9050680..jpg

Not sure why the new title and relaunch, or what happened to old team (then again I haven't finished Second Coming, which may explain what happens to half the team :( ).

Hi Deadpool and Psylocke. You're appropriate.

funnily enough I've been reading Daredevil but didn't pick up Shadowland last week for some reason, probably pick it up this week along with DD

but this week is all about the creator owned titles for me, DMZ, Daytripper, Unwritten, Chew and Savage Dragon. :)

Dan, what do you mean by Psylocke's "racist face"?

---

I'm loving Mark Millar's Wolverine omnibus atm...it kinda deals with the concept of "Wolverine vs. the Marvel Universe" in a really good way.

And I love Elsbeth Von Strucker. Stunning hair and outlook on life. And I enjoy the use of Northstar.

That said, John Romita Jr.'s art in this isn't his best IMO...or at least not as polished as his stuff was in the 90's/2000's on Spidey. I LOVED the inclusion of Shoc, from said Spidey Romita comics , as one of the HydraHandDawnOfTheWhiteLight victims. Presumably something Jr. had a hand in, as IIRC, only he ever drew him.

I noticed Greg Land covers and was sick.

I want/need to catch up on Savage Dragon. :( Theres some serious gaps in my collection though. But I really loved it a fair bit when I was reading it at work. Got upto just after the

She-Dragon 50/body swap bit.

I'm mainly sitting with 145 - present with about 14 issues from around 80 - 115, plus the original mini.

Just that she's part of that bad, bad trend in comics where the oriental characters are made western to be acceptable. They wanted a Japanese character but they did it by transforming her from a british body- only wrong, because all of a sudden she's a ninja and wears a kimono, uses a katana and dresses like an anime slut.

It's kind of like Iron Fist, only he was updated massively by Fraction and Brubaker (check that out if you can it's ace) and he works again now. Psylocke is just...ridiculous, and her costume is everything wrong with comics.

I love(d) Psylocke (when I first read "proper" comics (X-Men being the first of these). I agree wholeheartedly about the costume though.

I only recently actually made sense of the body swap business, and as far as I can tell, it's not like Ultimate Psylocke, in which it was literally Caucasian - Asian, both bodies (Betsy and Kwannon) were "merged" to become kinda half-caste, and to look alike. So that semi-excuses why she's never drawn as "fully" asian.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!