• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yes. Everyone's going on about how Jean Grey might return in Second Coming...but she clearly isn't. It's obviously about what you said, Hope bringing back mutants/signalling the second coming literally.

Plus he actually wrote Jean well.

Someone on CBR raised a few points I find myself agreeing with RE: Jean, Cyclops etc, all about how the only way to "resolve" either character was to completely seperate them from each other. So much of their characters was just about their relationship, and if they were just divorced, it would still be like "Oh, Scott!" or "Oh, Logan!", or the other way round "I'm jealous of Logan!" etc. Her death was so necessary, despite Morrison making her a really good, likeable character during his run.

---

Read Invincible. I liked the structure. And the facial hair.

I don't understand why Kirkman was so bad on Ultimate X-Men when he stuns everywhere else. It's not like he couldn't really do what he wanted with Ultimate X-Men (i.e if people die, no one cares).

Yeah Morrison's Jean was so win. I loved the sub plot with the Phoenix Manifestation where she could telekenetically manipulate molecules. That was ace- Proper Omega level mutant stuff (Something I think the X-Books have kind of lost sight of)

I recommend Heralds, a mini that just finished, and was a weekly thing. It's very entertainingly written. The premise sounds a bit "..." (A group of Marvel heroines have an adventure!!!), but it's very good, and presumably the end result is important for the Marvel Universe / is in continuity.

60_HERALDS_1_VARIANT_.jpg

Whats the continuity impact ending?

Although I don't know why I should show an interest in caring about your recommendation.

Ahem.

(If you cast your minds back I was the one who went bat shit recommending Invincible and I'm sure its all up there with favourites for you now. Just saying)

Cunts.

To be fair, im pretty sure I read Invincible before you told me to and I did read the first issue of Dynamo 5, it didnt make me want to read more. I know you think that you need to read more than that but if a first issue doesnt at least leave me a bit interested for more then im not bothering.

To be fair, im pretty sure I read Invincible before you told me to and I did read the first issue of Dynamo 5, it didnt make me want to read more. I know you think that you need to read more than that but if a first issue doesnt at least leave me a bit interested for more then im not bothering.

Yeah you did. I wasn't including you in that for both of those reasons.

Although I still don't think one issue is enough of a chance to give something. One issue of Invincible and you'd think its crap tbh.

My word should be enough damn you people. :(

One issue of Invincible was enough to get me to carry on, thats why I did :p

I think we just have different opinions on comics, dont forget I didnt like Chew either and you wouldnt shut your trap about that :D Same with Haunt actually (do you still read that? havent seen you mention it in a while)

Whats the continuity impact ending?

It's basically the introduction of

the new Nova. As in the original female Nova, not "Kid' Nova from Avengers. Not quite sure what happened (EDIT: Apparently Morg killed her) to the first one, but yeah this is about the new one's origin. Silver Surfer talks in her head, so presumably she'll be interacting with him soon/other cosmic peeps.

if you've not read it already the Batwoman story from Detective comics #854 - 860 by Greg Rucka and JH Williams III is now out in collected format.

Called Batwoman:Elegy

14533_400x600.jpg

it was easily one of the best (if not the best) story arcs from last year, just a shame Rucka won't be continuing the story (now he's gone creator only)

----------------

oh and Scarlet starts next week, new creator owned comic from Bendis and Maleev, should be good!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!