Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

What we also haven’t seen before is her new look, the first significant change in her appearance since the character debuted in 1941 (not counting the mod look used briefly in the sixties, about which the less said the better).

They've clearly forgotten/ignored the last time they did this (modernisation) to Wonder Woman;

won99.JPG

won100a.JPG

won96.JPG

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Interesting change with Wonder Woman. JMS is talking about removing the dense continuity associated with the series for new readers. I'm going to check it out I think.

DC have a mixed bag with reboots like this- Green Lantern was amazingly well done- Johns conveyed a huge amount of information with admirable clarity right off the bat and, as someone who's barely red a single DC book, it was inclusive and fresh.

Flash: Rebirth, by comparison...Jesus fucking Christ. I mean, seriously. What the fuck was that all about? As a series 'revival' it was an absurd mess. Impenetrable continuity, no context, dense and incomprehensible guff.

Hopefully this is more like the former.

Interesting change with Wonder Woman. JMS is talking about removing the dense continuity associated with the series for new readers. I'm going to check it out I think.

I don't get a "reboot" feeling with this, the press release would mention that I think. It keeps mentioning "the old timeline" and how she may or may not get back to that timeline (red: she will, imo).

I can't imagine DC would just randomly let someone erase 70 years of history for no reason - it would be One New Day taken to new extremes.

ok reboot is a bad word- but it's like Green Lantern in that it's clearly designed as a jump on point that introduces a new main storyline to follow. Nothing is being erased fully but I'd imagine that when it does come back it'll be done with the intention of easing new readers in to the continuity. It's a way past the brick wall of continuity that outsiders face with these kind of things.

I think my opinion on all of this will depend on how long it goes on for or how permanant it turns out to be. I dont really like the fact that JMS thinks he can just change loads of established things about characters he works with just because he doesnt like them, he should really be creating his own characters to work with so he can start from scratch.

Just read Secret Avengers #2, its suprising me the direction this title has taken

I expected it to be a more Earth based, grounded comic but its first arc and they're already off world dealing with some weird mars, snakey crown things.

Also happy I finally managed to order a copy of the Emerald Twilight/New Dawn trade, ive been looking for a reasonably priced one for months.

I still love the fact that Old Man Logan was voted N-Europes book of the year

Unfortunately I dont see OML2 being as good, I think a lot of what made the first great was finding out bit by bit what had happened to turn the world this way and seeing just how far Logan could be pushed before he broke. I actually found it less interesting after he went beserk.

Despite my complaints/questioning about the Wondy direction, I may actually use this to start reading it. :p I do actually know most of her history (except recent storylines), but just never bothered to read much, if any.

Though I think DC'd prefer if I bought it...

GUARDING THE GLOBE

1277937655.jpg

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Guardians of the Globe miniseries now titled GUARDING THE GLOBE

Image Comics announces a name change for the six-issue Guardians of the Globe miniseries: GUARDING THE GLOBE.

The first issue of the six-issue miniseries, cowritten by Robert Kirkman (INVINCIBLE, THE WALKING DEAD) and Benito Cereno (INVINCIBLE PRESENTS: ATOM EVE & REX SPLODE, HECTOR PLASM) and illustrated by newcomer Ransom Getty, will be in stores in August.

In GUARDING THE GLOBE, heroes both familiar and new struggle to protect Earth in Invincible's absence. As the Viltrumite War rages on within the pages of INVINCIBLE, the ranks of the Guardians of the Globe are suddenly depleted. The world is in danger, and the team is in search of new blood. It's the biggest recruitment drive since Omni-Man slaughtered the original members. But will it be in time to stop The Order? This series is a can't-miss action extravaganza, with one-page backups by Chris Giarrusso (G-MAN, Mini-Marvels) featuring the Guardians of the Globe that never were: Invincible, Spawn, Rick Grimes, Barack Obama, and Gary Popper!

GUARDING THE GLOBE #1 (of 6), a 32-page full-color comic featuring a backup story by Chris Giarrusso, will be on sale for $3.50 on August 25, 2010.

Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of best-selling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has five partners: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri and Jim Valentino. It consists of four major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit http://www.imagecomics.com .

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!