Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Ok, question about Forbidden Planet online for anyone who knows:

I know .com and .co.uk are different "things", but what's the concensus on ordering from .co.uk? They have Ultimate Avengers trade for the cheapest I've seen. (and it seems to be UK-based obviously)

Which site is the shit one?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

.co.uk is the one that doesnt tell you whats in stock and what has to be ordered so its basically just order and hope with them. Thats why ive switched to the .com version (which is also uk based), havent ordered anything yet though as I still either use Amazon and Play or Reed Comics if its harder to find.

Okay, thanks. Will give it more consideration then!

---

ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-3-preview2.jpg

Just read Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, after the premise not exactly grabbing me, but hearing great reviews recently. I expected some long protracted battle for 6 issues, but not at all.

It's really, really, good. Feels like more of a fitting installment to the Ultimates line than Ultimates 3 (I know, not hard to beat but...). And is just written very funnily/well. I loved the references to the writer's (the guy who does Lost and Star Trek) other stuff, like a Dharma Initiative packet of pretzels, and several Star Trek jokes.

But yeah, I'd call this an essential bit of Ultimate reading actually. Explains the Hulk's portrayal in the Ultimatum issues of Spidey as well.

Plus the art is absolutely stunning.

I just love how the Ultimate lines generally tell things with more "realism". Although I disliked the majority of the second half of Ultimate X-Men, I liked the noting that just because Colossus can turn into metal, doesn't mean he would be strong enough to carry that much weight normally etc.

Gonna read Ultimate Human next. :)

---

Also, for all Jeph Loeb did to really badly trash the Ultimate universe, I'm enjoying Ultimate X a lot. Ultimate X-men ended shitely, so this is kinda cool to see setting up.

I still hate how Dazzler never got to be "finished". I wanted her to come into her own more.

Edited by Paj!

This seems to have gone right by me but another animated DC movie is coming out in a few months based on the Supergirl arc of Superman/Batman with Summer Glau playing Supergirl. Its one of my favourite arcs of Superman/Batman and probably my favourite Supergirl potrayal. Had anyone else heard of it?

apocalypse-DVD.jpg

Heard of the story, but didn't know there was a movie coming out. That cover is done by the X-Force/Venom vs. Carnage guy, I just noticed.

I'm not interested in Supergirl anymore, and have read nothing to do with the modern one apart from current Justice League (which she's done/said nothing in yet)...I'm bitter over Matrix-Supergirl being just tossed aside, when she was actually interesting and a different kettle of fish from the typical super-people. I've sadly only read the start of that Supergirl's series, as the rest was never collected. Pointlessly.

Supergirl_vol._3,_no._16_(Linda_Danvers-Supergirl).jpg

It dealt with spiritual stuff a lot, and concepts that obviously weren't really explored in Superman comics...and it also gave Supergirl an identity (crisis), so she wasn't just a blank slate.

^teebfuh, he writes a few TV shows doesn't he? Or is some producer person at least. I think Marvel just wanted someone to get them better success in TV, and he did well with Heroes and Smallville.

I also read/heard that they're kinda grooming him to be the next big chief person at Marvel. Which is...odd.

So I finished Dynamo 5 volume four and literally clapped. Too good. I want everyone to read it now because it fucking rules, and the first mini series starts next (this) week co-starring Invincible/Omni-Man etc.

I guarantee you would all like it, and volume 4 has a REALLY REALLY awesome "change" in direction, or stuff that is simply too good of a plot element. I think Paj particularly would clap.

Emma Frost Cast

Though it's been a planned part of 20th Century Fox's summer action output for a number of years, the upcoming "X-Men: First Class" film has gone in recent months from proposed spinoff to pre-production property. And today, another piece of the cast – and possibly the story – fell into place.

As revealed on The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision blog, actress Alice Eve has been cast in the Matthew Vaughn-helmed picture as mutant Emma Frost. Eve is perhaps best know for playing the titular bombshell from the recent "She's Out Of My League" though she's also shared the screen once before with "First Class" Professor X James McAvoy in 2006's "Starter For 10."

The inclusion of Emma Frost (known in the comics for once being the villainess The White Queen) confirms that even with the return of original "X-Men" director Bryan Singer in the executive producer role, "First Class" will build upon cast ideas established at the end of 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" where a number of guest star mutants escaped to join Professor X in his first recruitment for the School For Gifted Youngsters.

For more info on Eve's casting, check out The Hollywood Reporter, and for more news on "X-Men: First Class" stay tuned to CBR and Spinoff Online.

1277753472.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26906

I'm going to start trying to read through all of X-Men. As in, all of X-Men. Apart from the bits that I can't be arsed with, like the majority of the original 5 series, and the stuff just after Dark Phoenix. I'm starting from issue 200 and seeing what jokes ensue. They're my favourite comic book series by far, and yet I haven't read anything from the 80's really.

People are very critical of it from what I gather.

I never finished it (think I got to just past half way), and I liked the premise, but yeah...apparently it's all bit of a flat pancake in the end.

Have you read any the Contagion/Cataclysm/No Man's Land stuff? I liked that.

Carry on with it! Need more than one issue to get into it. Trust me its good. If you like Vince' you'll like this.

So help me if I come back later and theres been no progression....SO HELP ME.

I got the first issue of the new mini last week without having read any of the previous issues. It was pretty enjoyable and I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the mini and probably look into getting the 4 tpbs

Wonder Woman Rebooted

2emo0hx.jpg

The Gods, for reasons of their own but which may have something to with their survival and perhaps the survival of Earth itself, have changed the timeline. In the new timeline, years ago the Gods removed their protection from Paradise Island, and left it vulnerable to attack. And attacked it was. Led by a dark figure, a veritable army descended upon the Island, equipped with weapons that could kill even the Amazons. Outgunned, doomed, Hippolyta gave over her three-year-old daughter to a handful of guardians who spirited her away as Hippolyta led one last desperate battle against the forces that had come to destroy all she had created. In that final battle, she and most of the Amazons were killed, though some managed to escape.

It’s now nearly twenty years later. Diana has been raised in an urban setting, but with a foot in both worlds. She has little or no memory of the other timeline. She knows only what she’s been told by those who raised her On the run, hunted, she must try to survive, help the other refugee Amazons escape the army that is still after them, discover who destroyed Paradise Island and why…and if the timeline can be corrected or not. She also does not yet have access to her full powers, but will be gaining them as she goes. Along the way, she will face a range of enemies — human and otherwise — who we have not seen before.

What we also haven’t seen before is her new look, the first significant change in her appearance since the character debuted in 1941 (not counting the mod look used briefly in the sixties, about which the less said the better). It reflects her origins in both the outside world and the world of Amazons: tough, elegant…a street-fighter’s look which also incorporates elements of her classic design. It reflects the two sides warring for ultimate victory, and underscores the path she must take.

It’s a look designed to be taken seriously as a warrior, in partial answer to the many female fans over the years who’ve asked, “how does she fight in that thing without all her parts falling out?”) She can close it up to pass unnoticed…open it for the freedom to fight…lose the jacket or keep it on…it has pockets (the other fan question, “where does she carry anything in that outfit?”, it can be accessorized…it’s a Wonder Woman look designed for the 21st century. The bracelets are still there, but made more colorful, tied on the inside and over the hand, with a script W on each of them that form WW when she holds them side by side…and if you get hit by one of them, it leaves a W mark. This is a Wonder Woman who signs her work…letting her enemies know that she’s getting closer.

This is Wonder Woman reborn, literally and metaphorically: fast, elegant, tough, smart…the savior of her people, their guardian and protector…avenging the fall of Paradise Island, searching to discover why Paradise Island was abandoned by the gods. In the end, what she discovers will change her life and the world forever…and she will come face to face with a decision that will mean life or death for the entire human race.

287nreu.jpg

Edited by Dante

The jacket makes it way too 90's. And without it, she'd look like Wonder Girl.

I like it for being more realistic though, in that such a big pro-feminism (or whatever, not really feminism, but yeah) icon really makes no sense wearing a thong.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!