• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I love how it's up in the air as to what the status quo will be...

is it really going to be Cage's team? Or is Zemo arriving signifying that he'll run it (in a presumably more villainous manner)?

The only thing that was a bit unbelievable is letting

Moonstone back onto the team. She's clearly not stable, and after effectively helping Norman Osborn take over America I don't imagine she'd get off that lightly. But then again Crossbones is on the team so..

I also hate Songbird's new hair. Is that what happens if you run a woman's penitentiary? :wink:

Yeah songbird looks like the character's taken a bit of a dive during Dark Reign :heh:

I think it's a bluff. 20p Says that's not Zemo and Cage faked it to test the new team's dedication to being Thunderbolts rather than looking for an opportunity to run as soon as they leave The Raft.

Oh maybs. MAYBS. I have no idea where Zemo is these days. Last I read (before Dissassembled) he had left the Thunderbolts, had 2 moonstones and was planning something. I presume that's happened already, whatever came of that.

I have to say I do like the inclusion of

Juggernaut. He's always been a good villain, since he's not evil..and often was on good/amicable terms with the X-Men as often as he was fighting them. (I actually really liked when he was on the team)

He's just perfect for this kinda team.

Wow DC sure waste alot of nothing with Superman stories for the last two years.

Before "New Krypton" began...

+ General Sam Lane, Lois's father, was dead and a national hero

+ Krypton was destroyed.

+ Supergirl believed her parents were dead.

+ Kandor was just a city in a bottle aboard Brainiac's ship that nobody knew about.

+ The heroes Flamebird & Nightwing didn't exist yet, because Thara was trapped in Kandor and...

+ Christopher Kent was just a kid trapped in the Phantom Zone.

+ Mon El was also trapped in the Phantom Zone.

+ General Zod, Ursa, Non and the rogue Kryptonians were also trapped in the Phantom Zone.

+ Jim Harper was still the Guardian.

+ Lucy Lane was a supporting character doomed to obscurity.

After "War of the Supermen" ended...

+ General Sam Lane, Lois's father, was dead and a national hero again.

+ (New) Krypton was destroyed again.

+ Supergirl's parents are really dead now.

+ Kandor is completely gone, just like it was when it was a city in a bottle that nobody knew about.

+ The heroes Flamebird & Nightwing are no more, because Thara is dead and...

+ Christopher Kent, aka Nightwing, is once more a kid trapped in the Phantom Zone.

+ Mon El is also once again trapped in the Phantom Zone.

+ General Zod, Ursa,Non and the rogue Kryptonians are once again trapped in the Phantom Zone.

+ Jim Harper is dead, but his clone -- Jim Harper -- is the new Guardian.

+ Lucy Lane, aka Superwoman, is a minor villain doomed to obscurity.

So ReZ has informed me that Robert Kirkman's run on Ultimate X-Men isn't very good. I do however want to read it (and I think I'll just buy it, "that" site isn't too helpful with Ult. X-Men).

I've almost finished Ultimate Spider-Man and loved it all. A really enjoyable comic. I'm gonna buy War of the Symbiotes and Ultimatum and thats me done with that (well I'll test out the new volume too I suppose).

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the new volume, I hate the change in art to a more manga style but apart from one choice I think the writing is still good.

Im not sure if ive read Kirkmans Ultimate X-Men stuff, ive got vols 1-9 in trade which werent Kirkman and carried on a bit after that in single issues but I dont know who wrote those

Brian K. Vaugn was the writer for 9 and a bit onwards. Those issues were decent.

I think Millar and Adam Kubert probably set the bar too high for anyone else to really compete afterwards.

RE: Spidey, at first Stuart Immomen's art was so jarring in Ultimate Spidey, but now I'm totally used to it and fits very well. I'll see what the new artist is like...

I'll put the image and major art complaint in a spoiler tag incase you never saw the previews for the new volume:

ultimatecomicsspiderman_01_foilogram.jpg

He also makes him look about 8 years old when standing next to adults, it looked terrible. Thankfully he changed it a bit later and Bendis wrote a scene mocking the round headedness

Yeah I've seen a few covers/previews. It does seem a bit "...", considering Ult. Spidey has always been more "spindly" than "stubby".

I hate the look of the new imprint too. Well I don't hate it, but the old standard Ultimate one stunned so much. The two bars with the title on the side was my favourite thing. It looked official and nice with other issues without being sterile. This just looks too clean.

Is anyone else reading Justice League, with the new team being formed, and Bagley doing the art?

It doesn't seem as good as on USM, but it might be the colours. It doesn't feel as definitive as his work did on USM (being the ONLY artist I guess does make it definitive).

The joke is the line-up to be honest. What is Donna Troy doing there? Why is there such an imbalance of females to males in power/importance? Why is Supergirl even needed? What's the Big 3's say in this? etc It's the most stunning Big 7 parallel ever.

Donna Troy (Leader) - Wonder Woman

Batman (Dick) - Batman (Bruce)

Jade - Green Lantern

Jesse Quick - Flash

Congorilla - Aquaman

Starman (Mikaal) - Martian Manhunter

Supergirl - Superman

I just love the concept of teams...and I liked how it's a "risky" and original line-up for the team. It might turn out shit but the writings decent.

Yeah songbird looks like the character's taken a bit of a dive during Dark Reign :heh:

I think it's a bluff. 20p Says that's not Zemo and Cage faked it to test the new team's dedication to being Thunderbolts rather than looking for an opportunity to run as soon as they leave The Raft.

Just read it and LOVED it. The artwork WAS FUCKING AWESOME. Like unbelieveably good. I can see this guy becoming one of my favourites in a few issues. A nice mix between Medina, Bachalo and that Inititaitive/Secret Warrior guy.

Issue was great, and Dan, I thought exactly the same thing at the end,.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!