Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Yeah, cool no? Makes me wish Siege had done the same and had some more meaningful tie-ins.

This week: Thor was quality! Thor vs Clor beatdown and it was sick. Nuff said, really.

and Secret Avengers:

Fuck me it's good. Like...the absolute tits. I can't even believe how absolutely badass this book is. By the end of #1 They've already introduced the team, established the status quo of the book, set up two arcs of story and ended on a AAA twist that I had no idea was coming.

Yes.

Edited by Dan_Dare

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Theres been some good comics so far this week. Im liking whats going on in the two Green Lantern titles. War of the Supermen may have ended a little easily but overall I found it enjoyable. Only comic ive read so far that im finding trouble caring about is the return of Bruce Wayne.

As for Secret Avengers:

Im liking it. I wasnt entirely sold on the team, some like Moonknight and Valkerie ive never really cared for but it seems to be working well. I also like that all the Avengers teams so far seem to be working with more tactical SHIELD members like Maria Hill, Sharon Carter and apparently Victoria Hand (although I know shes not with an avengers team)

That actually makes way more sense. You might be right- I'd heard it was kind of 'Steve's Angels' with one of them for each of the three Avengers Teams. Find out fo sho next week though.

Anyone reading Spiderman atm? Shed is turning in to a brilliant arc. Bachalo isn't usually my cup of tea but there's something about this story that makes him click. It might actually be my favorite looking book right now.

Anyone reading Spiderman atm? Shed is turning in to a brilliant arc. Bachalo isn't usually my cup of tea but there's something about this story that makes him click. It might actually be my favorite looking book right now.

Yes! I mentioned a while back I randomly started reading ASM because I saw it was Bachalo. He's so essential.

Loving the story too...Lizard has never really been done "well". I remember there was some team-up with Calypso done by Todd McFarlane in the 90's that was supposed to be good, but apart from that...

But yeah, this was great. Except for the pages done by another artist (presumably Bachalo ran out of time?, the issues seem to be out every week though so I'm not suprised).

Re; Return of Bruce Wayne. I basically have no idea what's going on other than how it all vaguely ties into B+R with the portraits and stuff. I never read Final Crisis or anything..would that help? The art's nice though.

Thanks Dan for making me catch up with Second Coming...it's so awesome.

The shit just hit the fan in this week's X Force. Or rather, you can see the shit approaching the fan.

I love how people actually get hurt in these battles. Sorry

Hellion, you have no hands

. Sorry

Iceman, you have third degree burns

. Sorry

Nightcrawler, Vanisher and Ariel, you're dead. LULZ

Yes, it all started because I was interested in alt worlds stories and I wanted to read up on DC history then started reading previews of DC comics and old scans of the comics. After that I start to jump onto Green Lantern comics then following the storyline from Blackest Night.

Yes, it all started because I was interested in alt worlds stories and I wanted to read up on DC history then started reading previews of DC comics and old scans of the comics. After that I start to jump onto Green Lantern comics then following the storyline from Blackest Night.

Oh thats awesome.

If you like alternate worlds stuff, you should maybe give the new Avengers comic a try. That looks to be seriously other worldly spanning with like...three different universe type hopping type characters. Etc.

And cannot wait to read Green Lantern and GLC.

Those light up rings are out soon. Actually cannot wait for them.

I didn't think I'd read anything of Loeb's "good" stuff, apart from Hush. But to be honest, that's really overrated.

Read his Ultimates stuff recently to understand the horror. :o And I also hear his Hulk stuff is insane (in a bad way).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!