• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I'm so angry that Spider-Man and Wolverine are in both the main Avengers and the Mighty Avengers. UGH.

Clearly Spidey should be kept on the main team and Wolvey put on some other shit one. There's no reason for him to be there...he's one of the least likely X-Men to ever even join the Avengers.

However, I enjoyed Avengers 1.

I'm currentlycatching up to Buffy Season 8. It's alright...it's got some good premises in it, but I really don't like Georges Jeanty's art. It's technically fine, but it feels really undefinitive, and looks so bad when it's the variant cover to an issue, compared to the GORGEOUS painted covers.

It just has no style/weight to it.

Ive been meaning to post on here for several days so to remind myself to write up a long post about the following tomorrow morning.

The Sword final (breifly: game changer. masterpiece ending. cannot praise enough) 10/10

Astonishing, and its potential.

if you talk about The Sword without a spoiler tag I will ban you, bitch.

Oh of course. I wouldn't want to ruin it. It is FUCKING amazing.

----------

The Sword Finale.

If you havn't caught up.....literally....literally catch up RIGHT NOW. I'm not even going to talk about specifics until I've got someone to discuss it with. Actually I'll say a few words.

Penultimate issue is an amazing twist, I don't think theres a sole on this planet that could have predicted that. And the finale issue itself. Wow. Heavy. It was kind of devastating, and completely sad to see Dara do such a selfless act, and practically allow herself to feel that much pain for the good of the world. Sacrificing herself in one of the most horrible ways imagineable. Completely and utterly chilling. Literally gave me shivers. And the thing about the Earths core and Phaistos was ....fucked up.

Masterpiece of a series, and I can guarantee you'll agree when you read it.

---------------

Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine

I liked it a lot. Jason Aaron is an absolute genius at nailing the heroes voices, or rather characters voices in all his work. Wolvie is always perfect, Scalped seems effortlessly realistic in its dialogue.

I think this new Astonishing brand has a lot of potential. Danger started off in Astonishing and now she's part of current continuity, I hope that a similar thing happens in these in that these characters aren't forgotten about after the dust settles and that they'll use them. The fact that they've stated it is in continuity at least leaves me hopeful. :)

They recently explained.

Astonishing will now be in continuity tales, but not necessarily be affected or reflect the CURRENT continuity, ie Astonishing Spidey and Wolvie won't reflect Second Coming or Gauntlet in any way.

And it will also be cream of the crop creative teams.

What I hope is that once the stories are told they are referred to and even use characters if necessary ala Danger.

Although I think that might just be Fractions love for not ignoring new awesome characters (Ie Danger, Fantomex etc) I wish more writers were like him.

I'm behind on TWD...I just finished 67. (Read up to 66 a few months ago)

A friend of mine is lending me We3 soon I think, we're pooling our resources to bathe in Grant Morrison, I lent him Arkham Asylum.

Been tidying my room today, and this time not just shoving things into piles/drawers, actually clearing stuff out, as I want to do it sooner rather than just I head off to uni.

Decided to pack up all my comics into boxes in storage (just in the house though, so I can get them out again when I come home). My sister is getting my room once I leave, and I'll have hers whenever I come back. We realised earlier this year that it makes no sense, our rooms, cause she never uses all the vast space in hers, and I have to put all my art stuff around the house cause my rooms so small.

ANYWAY

Packing it all away except for graphic novels, and Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men. :D

INV76_cover.jpg

INVINCIBLE #76

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover RYAN OTTLEY & FCO PLASCENCIA

AUGUST 18

32 PAGES / FC

$2.99

THE VILTRUMITE WAR CONTINUES!

It’s all been leading up to this: Invincible vs. Thragg, one-on-one! It’s the fight to end all fights, and the fate of the entire universe hangs in the balance. Whatever you do, don’t miss this issue!

It's also a filthy lie. :woops:

(yes, I know it's in reference to a Lost thing..)

I'd prefer not to know what happened issues in advance on Invincible though. Fair enough finding out when they're coming out, but I think covers and blurbs for issues after ones that aren't even out yet is needless...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!