N-Europe

UK

In fallen:

Anyone know why Spider-Man wouldnt turn up? Thor was obvious but I dont know any reason why Spidey wouldnt want to, unless its to do with not everyone knowing his identity

Apart from that I enjoyed the issue, almost made me like Sentry as a character......almost

Also did anyone follow Siege Embedded? If so you mind summarising it for me?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Siege was

alright...it did feel underwhelming though. There were 6 people there, and 2 that actually did anything. It was over very quickly and easily.

I hate Luke Cage and his being there, he just sullys everything.

Again I'm more interested in what's gonna happen now.

Fallen Sun was nice. The bit with Rogue was a bit random and semi-detracted, semi-added.

Just getting Dark Avengers, will report back once Ive read it.

Read Return of Bruce Wayne 1.

It was alright, not sure what all of it meant really. I read Batman and Robin so I know he hops through time and stuff...is that the gist? I didn't understand what Superman was going on about.

Also liking Amazing Spider-Man atm, only started reading it cause it was Chris Bachalo doing the art and the thought of him drawing the Lizard makes me hard. And the art is stunning. And a pretty shocking conclusion to this latest issue! After years and years of the same old Lizard story especially...

That's a very...odd picture though. Even within his stuff. I think his art works much better in context, it's all laid out purposely.

Even though technically it makes it harder to read if you try and skim through it, it's so frenetic and I admire that it's all intentional and all over the place. (and it's a good idea to have to absorb it all more. It's not a "hindrance" to the story like Greg Land's art is).

I love the "bits" that are constantly in the air in his comics.

xudwonderwomanbullets_100.jpg

yZChWGr3knuev4f9RZWDdfLJo1_500.jpg

Sinister Spider-Man was also lovely, all done by him.

i531528_SinisterSpiderMan4.jpg

He's very inventive and willing to experiment, which is no bad thing.

Agreed- New Avengers and Dark Avengers have provided the essential finale to Dark Reign that Siege basically failed to deliver.

Heroic Age goodness can be found, should one seek it, in Prince of Power- Amadeus Cho's new mini series in which he's replaced Hercules as the Olympian champion on Earth.

It's ace: Funny, fast, full to the brim with great ideas, giant monsters and Quantum Physics. I had no idea it was even coming out and even with New and Dark Avengers books out it's almost the best book of the week.

Yeah, if I'd just read Siege on it's own I'd be very dissapointed. New Avengers, new Avengers Finale and Dark Avengers all felt pretty essential to the tale. (and were good)

------------------------------

rebis.jpg

I can't recommend Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol enough. It's unique, thought-provoking, utterly surreal and uncompromising. Sure it's overwhelming with it's ideas and concepts but that seems to be it's intention. You'll be thinking 'I don't understand what's going on..." but then you aren't really meant to. It's written so well, with great humour and often horror, all the while your brain being flooded with these amazing worlds and abstract places conjured up.

So many interesting and provocative things are explored. I'm almost finished, his run went on from Vol.2 19 to 63, and it's been so worth it. The character of Rebis (Formerly Negative Man) fascinates me.

The covers are also things of beauty.

Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_54.jpg

Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_41.jpg

Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_29.jpg

Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_33.jpg

Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_37.jpg

Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_36.jpg

I'm really enjoying Brightest Day so far. It seems really low-key and all..bright. But with something bubbling under the surface. The big shock at the end of Justice League: Generation Lost added so much.

Read Brightest Day: Birds of Prey too, though it felt less essential.

Such lies. Daredevil is easily one of Marvel's finest and most complex heroes. You should totally check out the latest volume before Shadowland starts. It kicked off in The List: Daredevil, although there's an arc that leads up to that which I haven't read too.

I've not read any modern Daredevil comics, ever. I read a bit of the 80's stuff, when Elektra was introduced, that's it.

Was Kingpin's absence not what got The Hood into the position he held during the "Unherioc Age" or whatever the past 7 years have been? I kinda like that Kingpin is "back" now that the status quo is resetting itself.

---

Just started on Grant Morrison's Animal Man, the run that made him a big name, IIRC. It's really good so far...the stand-alone issue 5 was genuinely emotional. And it deals with what is essential Wile. E. Coyote. Recommended etc, but I don't think anyone listens.

Such lies. Daredevil is easily one of Marvel's finest and most complex heroes. You should totally check out the latest volume before Shadowland starts. It kicked off in The List: Daredevil, although there's an arc that leads up to that which I haven't read too.

......how nice for you, I still dont care about him at all

My facebook / The Onion get.

Read Issue 1 of both The Filth and The Invisibles, by Grant Morrison, as I'm currently going through his works. The Filth left me staring blankly at the screen, and will probably take a long time to get into, but The Invisibles seems pretty awesome.

---

Oh fuck CBR, seriously. Every so often it just loads the cover then turns off, as if overloaded. Usually a few more tries to open the file just makes it all alright, but it's REFUSING at the moment.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!