• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Anyone who's thinking of picking up The Invincible Iron Man could do worse than Amazon- the Hardcover of issues 1-19 is reduced to £19.99 now.

I just caught up on Deadpool. Sadly, it's been a bit of a let down. Compared to his attempts to join the X-Men, his team up with Spider-Man is awful. It's mostly the fault of Hit-Monkey, but the script is limp and feels pretty dry. Hopefully, a change of scene will do Wade good and normal service will resume.

Im wondering how quickly Necron is gonna be beaten in the issue, could be quite quickly so they can move onto what happens to all the black lanterns and possibly figure out whats gonna happen to the guardians now.

EDIT: Too many "quicklys" in that last post, feels like a six year old wrote it

Edited by Happenstance

I thought it was on par with the rest of it.

I thought Uncanny X-Men was brilliant. Awesome awesome.

And I decided CBR can't review comics worth a damn.

CBR are often terrible. I read 2 reviews this week on two established series' that started with an admission that the reviewers had never read the series before that issue.

Call me old fashioned, but what about some fucking professional standards? Do some research.

However, they do occasionally hit the right tone. Support for Spider-Woman was strong, and their take on Uncanny X-Men was solid: commending Fraction's scripts but with well aimed and deserved attacks on Greg Land.

Liked Uncanny this month.

Really interesting with Kitty, and feels really "right". Dunno if that makes sense. It couldn't have all gone easily. And I actually really like Magneto being "good". The little bit at the end of the first story really made me realise how much I enjoy this new X-Men era. A little community on an island, all working together etc (for the moment). And they're being superhero-y too. I also really like Atlantis being attached.

And I loved the second story. I knew what it'd be about, but it was a lovely contrast to the main tale. Based on what Cyclops said (which at the time you're like "Bastard! What if everyone died and they wanted to know?!", but then you see the affect it might've had).

Liked Uncanny this month.

Really interesting with Kitty, and feels really "right". Dunno if that makes sense. It couldn't have all gone easily. And I actually really like Magneto being "good". The little bit at the end of the first story really made me realise how much I enjoy this new X-Men era. A little community on an island, all working together etc (for the moment). And they're being superhero-y too. I also really like Atlantis being attached.

And I loved the second story. I knew what it'd be about, but it was a lovely contrast to the main tale. Based on what Cyclops said (which at the time you're like "Bastard! What if everyone died and they wanted to know?!", but then you see the affect it might've had).

Exactly. I consider it a triumph of an issue and CBR give it some kind of bull shit like 2.5. Pfffft.

And New Avengers was meh. Bendis' dialogue is really REALLY starting to grind me down. A lot.

It is?

It is

Whoa

I know.

Like...whoa.

I know.

Etc.

Yeah. I liked it in Ultimate Spider-Man and stuff, but it's a bit...odd now. I've only read the Venom Bomb tpb of Mighty Avengers, but loads of times there's really needless tought bubbles of each Avenger swearing to themselves.

Would be a joke style of writing if it wasn't annoying.

haha that's ace

Poor week for Marvel and me- though partially my own fault. I'm behind on Spider-Man and need to catch up before I read today's.

On the up side: Second Coming #1 is out! Really intrigued as to what happens with this event. It's not like Siege where, basically, we know the outcome already in that the series is all about establishing a new 616 status quo and removing Osborn from power. I literally have no idea where Second Coming is going. Is Hope going to re-power the mutant race? Is she just the first of a new generation? Was Bishop right?

I'm going in spoiler free. Oorah.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!