• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

FUCKS SAKE. Black Hand and Nekron are in the new Heroclix set, but they are chase figures. Which means their ebay value will be £50-£75. Brilliant. Fuck them. Why do they make such popular characters chase?!!??! UGGGHH.

But they announced the next sets. And this is one of the best sculpts ever.

iron-warmachine-ra-1.jpg

Oh Paj will love Black Hands dial.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4061&d=1269453113

Oh god not my massive fucking post. UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Basically Oxigen, the gist of it was;

You couldn't be more wrong, please see the following for further info;

Chew

Orc Stain

Y The Last Man

Kick Ass

Four Eyes

Locke and Key

Scalped

The Walking Dead

100 Bullets

DMZ

Criminal

The Sword

Casanova

And thats not naming loads of super hero comic books that are really good, and are doing new different and interesting things.

Theres quite literally too many to name I can't even remember them all.

Oh god not my massive fucking post. UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Basically Oxigen, the gist of it was;

You couldn't be more wrong, please see the following for further info;

Chew

Orc Stain

Y The Last Man

Kick Ass

Four Eyes

Locke and Key

Scalped

The Walking Dead

100 Bullets

DMZ

Criminal

The Sword

Casanova

And thats not naming loads of super hero comic books that are really good, and are doing new different and interesting things.

Theres quite literally too many to name I can't even remember them all.

Come on, while there's not a single title on that list that isn't good, there's not a single one that's "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AWESOME". My point is that nowadays comics are once more becoming literature's weakest outing... in the sense that they're not fullfilling their potential! The themes in comics are gradually growing more juvenile.

:(

Also, I personally don't like Y The Last Man, never really got why people like it so much...

I feel after watching the Scott Pilgrim trailer that I should give the first volume a try, anyone else read it?

It's quite cool. ^^

Come on, while there's not a single title on that list that isn't good, there's not a single one that's "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AWESOME". My point is that nowadays comics are once more becoming literature's weakest outing... in the sense that they're not fullfilling their potential! The themes in comics are gradually growing more juvenile.

:(

Also, I personally don't like Y The Last Man, never really got why people like it so much...

It's quite cool. ^^

I would argue to the grave that;

The Walking Dead

Kick Ass

Chew

All had that reaction from me. Things like Orc Stain, Four Eyes are completely unique and highly detailed absolutely beautiful books, in the sense that certain films don't give the reaction of "OH MY FUCKING GOD" but are still mind blowing pieces of work.

What books from the glory days you're talking about would you note are better than what we have now?

I would argue to the grave that;

The Walking Dead

Kick Ass

Chew

All had that reaction from me. Things like Orc Stain, Four Eyes are completely unique and highly detailed absolutely beautiful books, in the sense that certain films don't give the reaction of "OH MY FUCKING GOD" but are still mind blowing pieces of work.

What books from the glory days you're talking about would you note are better than what we have now?

Almost all my faves are from the glorious 80's/90's golden age of comics! As far as series go, it doesn't really get any better than The Invisibles, Transmetropolitan, The Sandman, Preacher or Bone!

I won't get into one shots like V for Vendetta or Ronin.

Do you actually read The Walking Dead?

Not anymore I don't. I read it all the way up to after

the governor dies

. 50 or 51 or something.

I quite liked how the characters embrace the whole "downfall of civilization" thing, but other than that I was severely underwhelmed by it's lack of themes. Yeah, it's pretty cool, but it's got nothing to say! *sigh*

In other 'Oxigen_Waste is wrong' news

Wait, you're actually trying to tell me you think modern comics are BETTER than the ones I mentioned? I mean, I get that you'd defend them, but to actually say they're better?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!