N-Europe

UK

Im not sure id actually want him to die, I think hes become a good Marvel villian instead of just Spider-Man one. Like how Lex Luthor branches out from Superman from time to time. Still, id like to see him back for a while as the goblin. I think there needs to be a really good Spider-Man Vs Green Goblin arc soon, its been too long.

Are we thinking Ares is going to be the only big hero death from this event then or possibly could there be more? Some people seem to be wondering if Ms Marvel might be the one to get it. I hope not though as ive been reading her series lately and am quite enjoying it. Especially her new friendship with Spidey.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Im not sure id actually want him to die, I think hes become a good Marvel villian instead of just Spider-Man one. Like how Lex Luthor branches out from Superman from time to time. Still, id like to see him back for a while as the goblin. I think there needs to be a really good Spider-Man Vs Green Goblin arc soon, its been too long.

Are we thinking Ares is going to be the only big hero death from this event then or possibly could there be more? Some people seem to be wondering if Ms Marvel might be the one to get it. I hope not though as ive been reading her series lately and am quite enjoying it. Especially her new friendship with Spidey.

Yeah I agree 100% with that. Hopefully this person will survive.

Regarding deaths, Tom Brevoort said theres two more deaths.

A lovely issue. Though it did feel a bit like...

Osborn went down too easily. But it was actually quite realistic. He was just an inexperienced version of Iron Man.

I liked that they made Spidey beat him. :p

I like Victoria Hand. I hope that wasn't her dying. :(

A lovely issue. Though it did feel a bit like...

Osborn went down too easily. But it was actually quite realistic. He was just an inexperienced version of Iron Man.

I liked that they made Spidey beat him. :p

I like Victoria Hand. I hope that wasn't her dying. :(

I'd cry. I have a huge crush on her.

GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE Coming from Image Aug 2010 (For Real)

A week of teasers started out with a serious, and obvious inclusion and the seeming announcement of a new team book coming from Image Comics. Invincible has featured the Guardians of the Globe more than a few times in his own book, afterall. Day 2 was surprising, and made a little joke, but was still somewhat in the realm of possibility. Then it got silly, and then goofy, and even had a dash of straight-up attention grab. Well, it wasn't all for nothing, as there IS actually a Guardians of the Globe book launching in August 2010, though it won't feature most of those folks.

In fact, it won't feature any of them. The real team will be revealed next week, but some details were given today. Robert Kirkman is writing the book with Benito Cereno, who has written adventures of former members of the Guardians in the past. Ransom Getty provides the art to go with it. The six-issue miniseries will run alongside the long-awaited Viltrumite War storyline in Invincible, filling in readers on what happens at home on Earth while Mark Grayson is off in space.

The group's lineup will be revealed next week. Full Press Release is below.

Press Release

WHO GUARDS THE GLOBE?

Robert Kirkman launches Invincible spin-off with GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE

Berkeley CA - 19 March 2010 - Invincible is off fighting the Viltrumite War, so who's watching the shop while he's away? GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE, a new six-issue miniseries coinciding with INVINCIBLE: The Viltrumite War, tells Earth's story.

In GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE -- cowritten by superstar Robert Kirkman (Invincible, The Walking Dead, The Astounding Wolf-Man) and Benito Cereno (Invincible Presents: Atom Eve, Invincible Presents: Atom Eve & Rex Splode) and drawn by gifted newcomer Ransom Getty -- heroes both familiar and new struggle to protect Earth in Invincible's absence.

"Needless to say, Invincible, Spawn, Rick Grimes, President Obama, and a certain boy wizard aren't GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE," jokes Robert Kirkman. "The teasers released this week have been all in fun, but next week's teasers will get down to business, revealing who's a Guardian. Invincible's absence due to the Viltrumite War has left people vulnerable, and GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE will answer the question, 'What's up on Earth?'"

Tune in next week to find out who protects Earth while Invincible is away as the GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE teasers continue!

GUARDIANS OF THE GLOBE, a six-issue miniseries written by Robert Kirkman and Benito Cereno and drawn by Ransom Getty, will start its run in August 2010.

Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of best-selling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has five partners: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri and Jim Valentino. It consists of four major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit http://www.imagecomics.com.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Guardians-Of-The-Globe-Announce-100319.html

A) Very sad that its a mini series. Maybe it will become an ongoing at some point.

B) Awesome premise, that it catches us up on Earth.

C) I hope Savage Dragon is in it.

D) Ransom Getty seems very very talented, judging by this weeks teasers.

E) Benito Cereno's Invincible mini series have been surprisingly great. This sounds excellent.

Edit;. Interview on CBR.

"Guardians" is set as a six issue miniseries right now, but is this something you'd consider expanding into an ongoing title?

For now, it's just to coincide with "The Viltrumite War." We're going to do this series to show you what these characters are up to during that time period, but I would very much like to continue this. I could see it continuing as a series of miniseries where we could do one wherever we need to, or it could spin off into a regular series. We're keeping that open.

Edited by ReZourceman

This is a better article on Guardians

Happy to see the series. Definitely picking it up.

Interesting quote

It's going to be a real series, and we'll find out the real cast next week. There will be a lot of characters that people will recognize from "Invincible" and then a lot of new characters, too. We'll be bringing in new superheroes that are more international - characters from Australia, South Africa, Japan, Mexico and more. We're going to try and make the team live up to its "Guardians of the Globe" name.

I like this. I reckon we'll see a bit of a JLA vibe there- a much bigger group than, comparably, The Avengers.

Evans is a good choice. He did a good turn in Sunshine too, which is a quality film.

I'm liking Romita more too. I think just having his characters in isolation on those teasers was a bad choice because he clearly thrives on action and environments- Just look at some of the shots he uses in Kick-Ass for evidence of that.

Spider-Man and Wolverine on two teams is just annoying. I love having them as Avengers (at least Spider-Man. Wolverine doesn't bring anything to the table much) but if I get two Avengers books, I want two teams.

Ms Marvel in New Avengers pleases me. One of my favorites, a classic Avenger and a much needed dose of Estrogen- not to mention 'A class' power levels too.

Dont know if anyone here liked the Batman Beyond animated series but its getting its own 6 part comic in June

bmbv2_cv1_02.jpg

Also SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANNUAL #4:

smbm_ann_cv4_02.jpg

Expanding on the hit TV show Batman Beyond, this year's annual travels to the not-so-distant future where an aged Bruce Wayne oversees a new Batman, and the fate of a certain Man of Steel is very much in question. Metropolis is becoming crime-free, as someone is ridding the city of its criminal element permanently. Now, Terry McGinnis must uncover what's happening in Superman's home and face a very old and vindictive nemesis!

GREEN LANTERN #52 Preview:

gl-cv52-var-copy.jpg

Batman 700#

BM_Cv700.jpg

Written by GRANT MORRISON

Art by TONY DANIEL, ANDY KUBERT & FRANK QUITELY

Cover by DAVID FINCH

1:25 “DC 75th Anniversary” variant cover by MIKE MIGNOLA

1:75 “DC 75th Anniversary” variant black and white cover by MIKE MIGNOLA

Grant Morrison returns to BATMAN with this oversized special! And he’s brought an all-star roster of artists along with him including Andy Kubert, Tony Daniel and Frank Quitely to celebrate this milestone 700th issue featuring stories spotlighting each of the Batmen from different eras – Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne. You won’t want to miss this blockbuster story that paves the way for the return of Bruce Wayne and sports mind-boggling covers by superstars David Finch (BRIGHTEST DAY) and Mike Mignola (BATMAN: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT, Hellboy)!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!