N-Europe

UK

glcor-cv48.jpg

ORPS writer: Tony Bedard.

Bedard’s not a newbie to the DCU’s sci-fi side, having blazed an impressive trail of chaos and drama with his epic work on R.E.B.E.L.S. He should feel right at home overseeing the adventures of the no. 1 interstellar police force in the universe. And his deft handling of the R.E.B.E.L.S. BLACKEST NIGHT tie-ins show he’s no stranger to all things Oa. But don’t take my word for it. Tony?

“This is far and away the most exciting gig of my career. When they called to offer me the job and Geoff literally said, ‘Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps’ I felt like I’d put on a power ring. Now I just have to play up to Pete Tomasi’s impossibly high standards–!“

Oh, and who’ll be starring in GREEN LANTERN CORPS? Well, some names you might be familiar with: John Stewart, Kyle Rayner and Green Lantern Ganthet. Yup. You read that correctly.

On the art side, we have Source “Artist to Watch” Ardian Syaf taking point on Tony’s first arc. His detailed style and dynamic camera angles are reminiscent of some of the biggest names in the industry. In less than a year, Syaf has put together a remarkable resume, including BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN, PHANTOM STRANGER and an arc on SUPERMAN/BATMAN. Not too shabby, eh?

But before you hit the panic button, let me calm your fears about the super-talented team stepping away from GREEN LANTERN CORPS — they’re not going very far. This is where the drumroll starts in my head.

We’re proud to announce that, starting in a few short months, there’ll be a new ongoing GREEN LANTERN series joining the shelves: GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS, starring everyone’s favorite ring-wielding hot head, Guy Gardner — with regular appearances from Kilowog. And who better to handle Guy’s adventures than Peter Tomasi, who’s knocked it out of the park on a monthly basis with his sharp dialogue and plotting on GREEN LANTERN CORPS? Hard to argue with that, I think.

On art duties we have Fernando Pasarin, who, like Ardian, has built a solid list of credits here in the DCU in a very short amount of time — from JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA to THE OUTSIDERS. Pasarin’s modern and kinetic style make him a perfect candidate to chronicle the new, monthly Guy Gardner series. We’ll have some snazzy Pasarin art right here in no time.

But enough from me. What’s Pete got to say about it all?

“I’m really excited to be working on this new series, expanding the mythology and franchise of the Green Lantern Universe.”

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/12/more-brightest-day-news-a-new-green-lantern-corps-creative-team/

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Wolverine is a suprising one, he never did have anything to do in New Avengers you would have thought Bendis would have learnt his lesson. I guess we can just hope it'll maybe provide more of a link to the X-Men and mutant stories but its possible that Marvel wanted to keep Spider-Man and Wolverine in the team for all the fanboys. New Avengers got much better sales than the old team did.

Yeah...I was really hoping Spider-Man wouldn't be in the Avengers, so Spider-Woman would feel more definitive. I love that's come back into prominence in the 2000's, but it still feels like she's needlessly overshadowed/made less important.

I know it's really just the name-sharing, but still.

One more female on the Avengers roster would be fine with me, keeping it concise.

So far its; Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and Wolverine?

The last two ruin the feel of what could be a stunningly small yet great team.

Spider-man feels stunning because he has jokes to tell (both literally and figuratively), and feels far more definitive as a character than Wolverine.

Wolverine just feels like he's there to keep all the fans which are like "Wow Marvelz awesome cos Wolvie has clawz and cant die!!1!". He adds nothing to any story, and only takes away because he's been whored out so much.

He's fine as an X-Man, cause he feels appropriate, and actually has chat with his team members/ history. He has no business being an Avenger, nor I imagine would the government/Iron Man/whoever want him being an Avenger. He's surely on too many security records as killing hundreds of people and stuff? Even if it was for the greater good in the end.

Spidey's good in the team, but I'd just rather he didn't "clash" with Spider-Woman so much. In my mind anyway.

Just finished watching Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. Was pretty good but I would have prefered an actual adaptation of Infinite Earths. Ive never really read a lot with the Crime Syndicate in except Crisis so was nice to see more of them and I thought the fight between Wonder Woman and Super Woman was really good, very acrobatic.

Wonder what the next DC animated movie is going to be.

EDIT: Just remembered it was already announced as Batman: Under the Red Hood

Edited by Happenstance

Well he was american in BSG, so it's not like he can't.

But yeah, I imagined someone more like whatshisname. Ryan something. Looks just like Rick in the comic. Or is it Edward Norton I'm thinking of? Someone who looks like Edward Norton but is called Ryan.

EDIT: Ryan Gosling!

ryan_gosling.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!