N-Europe

UK

Funny you should mention The X-Men, Paj. Their next big storyline after Nation X is going to be called Second Coming. Cable is coming back through time with an adult Hope- the only mutant born since M-Day. I'm hoping they trigger some mutant births or even turn the X-Gene back on somehow. Mutants being an endangered species is a good hook for a while, but I can't help but feel that it's made them less relevant to the MU as a whole now they're all on their own little island.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah I read only the very start of Messiah Complex, but know what went on with Hope and shiz.

I agree with you that eventually they should find some sort of stability. I mean they just got on the island and it's already sinking! :p

But yeah, I just love how of all the Marvel flagship series, the whole dynamic of the series and it's characters can and has shifted so much over the years. From the very start, at the school with a small team, to the Australian years/X Factor and then the kinda 90's reboot all back together with the organised X-Teams, then I remember that many members left after Operation: Zero Tolerance leaving the team all poor and rag-tag, then Cyclops dying and the hit and miss Claremont run, before the excellent restructuring of New X-Men/X-Treme/Uncanny all revolving around the school going public. Ah memories. Now with San Francisco and then Utopia.

[/pointless memory lane visit]

hopefully it'll be a better issue than 49 ;)

anyhoo this weeks comics were pretty good, the 2 Blackest Night tie-ins were really good imo, especially Suicide Squad, might start reading Secret Six now. Siege started well, and Embedded was alright (although I like the premise behind it)

Favourite issue of the week though was Savage Dragon #156.

Basically over the last 10 issues or so Erik Larsen has been setting up this story in homage to the first comic he bought for himself, which was Incredible Hulk #156. He also managed to get the artist for Hulk #156 to do him a variant cover

Savage_Dragon_156.jpg

TheHulk156.jpg

prev-brtst-day_02.jpg

This morning on DCU Blog The Source, DC Entertainment "kicked off 2010 with some major news." The follow-up to Blackest Night, as some deduced, is simply called Brightest Day.

Starting in April (just after the conclusion of Blackest Night in March) with an issue #0, the series will be 26 issues long and ship biweekly. Writers Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi, who currently write the two Green Lantern series, will be writing the new book. Fernando Pasarin will do the art for issue #0, but no regular artist was announced on the main series as yet; it will however have multiple art teams to facilitate the every-other-week schedule. It was heavily implied that Johns and Tomasi will also continue writing Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, respectively, and that both books will tie-in to the series.

More news on Brightest Day will be coming later today. This also kicks off another week of DCU Announcements, so stay tuned all week long for more on DCU 2010.

Sony Pictures Twitter:

"Spider-Man: Summer 2012: Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012."

r-r-r-r-r-r REEBOOT.

Bad idea. It probably needed a new cast and a new creative direction but this seems excessive.

Sony Pictures Twitter:

"Spider-Man: Summer 2012: Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012."

r-r-r-r-r-r REEBOOT.

Bad idea. It probably needed a new cast and a new creative direction but this seems excessive.

I dont think its a reboot, I think its gonna be him becoming a teacher like in JMS' run

Looks like I was wrong and it is a reboot with new actors etc.

Im not too bothered about the idea as long as its done right. Ultimate Spider-Man was one of my favourite comics and thats still in high school, I just dont want it to feel like a teen drama with superpowers and it should be fine.

They've just announced its a reboot. (Raimi and Tobey Maguire off the project)

Ridiculous. Sony are idiots. Let the film makers do what they want ITS THEIR JOB. Sony seem so out of touch by not letting the Vulture be the villain. What as if no ones gonna go see it? Get a grip.

So great. We get another origin film. They better cast him right. I bet he's gonna be mega geeky and shit.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!