• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I dunno If I'll like Batman R.I.P. Azrael is coming back, which is good...I liked him. But apparently this whole shebang won't end in Bruce being back as Batman until 2010. Still.

Spoilerz.....I didnt know that. :(

Think I spotted that comic store, lots of tall posters on the wall including Ross' lash, just inside the door? Quite hard to spot? Were in a bit of a hurry so I figured since we were going to FP we could skip the smaller store this once. Oh forgot to mention, also bought one of those awesome classic TMNT figures, Raph (it's from the original comics, so it's the right thread!).

Yeah, thats the one. It doesnt have anything particularly outstanding, so you didn't miss much.

Thats a cool Raph figure.

I still need to get my mits on Whedon's x men finale. Anyone got the latest info on it? not that I can afford it now, but it's the only run I've followed in aaaages.

Whaddya mean by info?

It was fucking awesome, if that helps. :)

Fingers crossed the new team on it dont rape it to shreds, ala Ultimates 3.

Any chance of some spoilers on whats happened in Astonishing X-Men? Last time I read an issue they were on the breakworld but I never saw what happened. Think I was about half way through the arc.

No probs.

So yeah, they're on breakworld, and they uncover the plan for a huge missile to be launched to earth. Now this thing is massive. We're talking huge. So Shadowcat phases through it to mess its circuits....except she cant find it....its just thick walls of metal. She then makes her way to the tip of the "missile" where its hollow, and collapses due to effort it took, she informs Emma (obv via psychic) that it is infact a Bullet and not a missile. Emma gathers all earths heroes etc to think about how they can stop it...they can't basically. Its revealed that Agent Brand has energy blast powers, and also not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but that she is an alien (I think) and that she really likes Beast. So the bullet is about to hit earth, and Kitty uses all her might to phase it through the plant. It does, and she faints. Earth saved, etc. The last panel is the bullet flying through space. So yeah Kittys not around anymore.

It was really good.

Thats a cool Raph figure.

Yeah I love it! All 4 turtles have red masks a la the originals, and they have swappable hands with ninja claws (seen in the first ever comic). Plus they all sort of go together to make a street scene. I love how it has thick ink lines as though it's hand drawn :)

Has 3D glasses half way through and goes 3D! I had no idea! Awesome.

Also here 40p cheaper (but out on 10th July)

Id avoid Forbidden Planet online like the plague. Honestly. Ive never had such negative online shopping experiences. Basically they say they're in stock on the site....then you email and find out they're not, but are assured that you can definitely get it, they just need to order it from their suppliers. Then they say their suppliers are awaiting further stock, which they have ordered...and then about 3 months after originally ordering it they say "Oh...we actually cant get this". This precise thing has happened to me twice. The most recent time it happened I checked the site a few weeks after and the item was STILL listed as in stock. I sent them an email saying "Is it going to be taken off the site?" and they actually impressed me by being efficient and doing so. So yeah FB online = ewww.

More expensive on Waterstones.

Id avoid Forbidden Planet online like the plague. Honestly. Ive never had such negative online shopping experiences.
In my experience, http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk is the one that sucks. It is a 'forbidden planet international'. They are actually 2 different companies (I only really figured this out when I realised that Sheffield's shop is not listed on the store locator on one site, and London's is not listed on the store locator of the other). I ordered a Christmas gift from there at the beginning of december only to be told they weren't in stock in mid January. My friend also ordered a Kon (from Bleach) plush toy from the same site and it took about 2 months to arrive.

I've never actually used .com, so I'm not saying it's good - I just think it's the .co.uk site that sucks.

Ah yeah, you're right. I never knew that either. Yeah defo the co.uk that sucks. Hard.

Its funny I had a really cocky email showdown with them in that recent case. I felt a bit bad, but you'know...they really are really really bad, so it made me feel better for being not my 100% normal polite self.

Spoilerz.....I didnt know that. :(

"Jean-Paul Valley lives! That's not him!" was written on one of those big walls by Rip Hunter. In Booster Gold or something. All those foresights into the future. So not really teh spoilerz.

I think it's basically saying that he's coming back, but he won't take over the role of Batman (already has doen anyway).

-------

Re-read Batman: Year One in my Bat-fever. Still awesome! I love the artwork too...and the way Batman and Catwoman's origins interlink (kinda).

"Jean-Paul Valley lives! That's not him!" was written on one of those big walls by Rip Hunter. In Booster Gold or something. All those foresights into the future. So not really teh spoilerz.

Hmmm, how does that equate to what you said though? Whatever anyway, its no big deal. (Considering Batmans been shit for ages)

Edit;/ Basically dont say future stuff that may happen in storylines that havnt happened yet.

• 3 weeks later...

So no comic con discussion? What kind of nerds are we, anyway?

Watchmen looks like it could be neat. Spidey 4 likely. New Batman cartoon which seems to have Bats teaming up with Green Arrow, Plastic Man and Blue Beetle. And that weird new avengers with a kid Cap... oh and the new Wolverine: X-Men origins movie will have Gambit and Deadpool in, which is awesome.

Yeah.

+ New Black Panther cartoon (meh) new Iron Man cartoon (Hmmm..possibly)

I thought the Ultimates Panel was supposed to be today, but cant find any reports online. The Image panel was fairly interesting with the "Image United" big event thing.

But Invincible...I was a bit...slightly disapointed by issue 50...although it did change the status quo, but OhEmGee @ 51 seriously. God this comic is so fucking amazing.

You picked the first ones up yet, Shortster?

Only number 1. I went into my local forbidden planet to get volume 2 but they only had... 1, 6 and 9. Typical of all trades and manga in a smaller store store -_-

Shall purchase the second one online at some point soon.

Yeah actually I loved no.1. It's funny that it has an intro by Kurt Busiek because it actually reminds me a bit of his awesome 'Secret Identity' trade. Except a bit more... cartoony.

Also got the 3rd Ultimate Spidey. reminded how much I really, really dislike the art. Mostly for Parker and MJ, Spidey himself looks ok. Lucky it makes up for it by being an enjoyable read. Well, I'm not saying it looks really bad, just that it's not to my taste.

Ah fair enough. I really like Bagleys stuff. He does an undeniably great Carnage/Venom.

Glad you're enjoying Invincible already. You honestly can't imagine how amazing it gets *anyway Ill shutup, Im sure my Inv brown nosing is getting boring*

I think Im gonna pick up the Death of Capt America arc when its finished (now?) and when I can afford it. Ive heard amazing things about it.

Well I've not got up to the symbiote yet but it's stuff like this

SpiderMan_costumeLoss.jpg

that I don't really like. It might actually be the colours, it's just a bit too digital for me. Lips and noses are a bit too big, it goes a bit anime sometimes. Oh and Parker has curtains, what's up with that.

Oh that (sort of...) reminds me, all the way through Spectacular Spider-Man animated series, I knew MJ was gonna deliver that line at the front door eventually :heh: totally not disappointed.

This thread makes me feel even geekier than administrating an nintendo forum already did.