NEurope

I bought some kind of shitty book today. It's really crap... there's 5 of them but apparently they aren't strong enough to deal with crap on their own so they have to work together. It's really poor writing.

lolz I like it really. Nearly finished. It's good but it's not Invincible :p

Haha, yeah. Unfortunately you can't expect Invincible levels of greatness from anything, but if you want to get into Spidey, then Ultimate is a great place to start (as well as "Ultimates" which is super great), as for 616....I will do a post soon of my favourite stories, and give links etc/.

Comic Con doesnt start properly until the 21st.

Oh. I thought there was one this weekend, and saw an epic Image schedule. Am I totally wrong?

Which Image schedule have you seen then? I think there is a con this weekend but it was nothing special, just one of the various ones that we get all year round.

....silly silly ReZ!

Anyway this SDCC should be pretty good. Hopefully we'll get a Spider-Man trailer. I assume the Dark Knight Rises trailer will just be the one thats already leaked online (which I wasnt that impressed with). Also wanna get some more info on the DCnU. Dont really know what im expecting from Marvel, just stuff on the books I guess, maybe a mini event or something to try and combat DC.

I doubt very much comic stuff will come out at Comic-Con since all the big news is already out there

Marvel have the relaunch of the Ultimate Universe, and all their big books in the 616 universe have had recent relaunches or change in creative teams.

DC have the relaunch of their whole line, so not sure what else they could announce :)

The only thing would be creator owned stuff

*Sigh* I missed the Avenger trailer ;-;

Got uploaded and now it's gone...*waits for another link to show up*

Think we're going to have a damned good show on our hands.

Edited by arnold

More info on Action Comics #1

The New York Post has published an article about the relaunch of the DC Universe of comic books, which includes a never-before-seen image of Superman, which is supposedly an alternate cover for "Action Comics #1". The article also includes new quotes from writer Grant Morrison on the relaunch...

While most of the titles, including "Batman" and "Green Lantern," will showcase DC's iconic heroes when they're well into their careers, "Action Comics" shows the earliest adventures of Superman, who's initially a bluejeans-and-T-shirt-wearing crimefighter with a small red cape.

"We felt it was time for the big adventures of a 21st-century Paul Bunyan who fights for the weak and downtrodden against bullies of all kinds, from robot invaders and crime lords to corrupt city officials," said Morrison, a former "X-Men" writer.

"The new look reflects his status as a street-level defender of the ordinary man and woman."

action1b.jpg

"The new look reflects his status as a street-level defender of the ordinary man and woman."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NO.

Read Birthright, baldie. Then we'll talk.

Have you read All Star Superman Dan?

Anywhoots, I can't wait, Morrison on Superman will be better than Waid on Daredevil (is anyone getting that? it looks amazing)

I have, yeah. That was totally awesome. Don't get me wrong- Morrison is a great choice for Supes but I just don't think Superman as a 'street level' guy catching purse snatchers is true to the character at all. I understand that it's retro - looking to the very, very early portrayals of the character (basically a square jawed hunk for the funny pages) but going back to that is pointless and, more to the point, damaging to the character mythos.

They should use his alternate origins from Flashpoint where his ship kills thousands of people when it crash lands in Metropolis. He's then captured by the military and locked up (away from the Sun) until he's an adolescent where he manages to escape and [blah blah blah] finds the Kents who then raise him with his/their values but because of his experiences he'll always suspect of the government/authority. Also, his 'stunted' growth from being hidden from the sun would lend well to him growing more powerful over time.

It would also explain why he's so obsessed with protecting Metropolis. He's making up for trashing and killing half the city when he arrived as a baby.

...I wish I was writing Superman.

Edited by Daft

It's Grant Morrison so he is right and it is good.

---

Ofd eBay, for the fact I've no clue of what happens in the this story, and the 80's are my X-Men history void. I think this is the one where Moonstar is great on a winged horse, so should be good.

attachment.php?attachmentid=230&d=1267312061

£3.99

SecretIdentities.jpg

More info on Superman in DCnU:

Superman and Lois Lane are breaking up, and that's not the only major change coming to the world's most iconic superhero.

September's Action Comics #1 and Superman #1 will introduce several major alterations to the character. Superman's alien origins will be emphasized, with sources from DC saying that he'll be "more Kal-El from the planet Krypton than Clark Kent from Kansas."

Superman's deep connection to his Kryptonian heritage also explains that new costume, as seen on the cover of Superman #1 and the Jim Lee/Geoff Johns Justice League #1. It's described as "ceremonial armor" from his home planet.

Perhaps part of the reason Superman's embracing his alien nature is the loss of both of his adopted parents. Jonathan and Martha Kent are both dead in DC's post-Flashpoint continuity, a pronounced change from the recent past, and a return to the pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths status quo in that regard.

ENLARGE

Action Comics, which focuses on Superman's early superhero career, depicts a "younger, more brooding" Man of Steel, who "can leap tall buildings but can't fly in space."

Kal-El's present will be told in Superman, with a "bachelor" Clark Kent, Lois Lane with a new boyfriend and a "new status quo at the Daily Planet." Additionally, DC sources say the series will show that "there's a price to pay for being Superman" and a a brand-new villain, one more powerful than the Man of Steel, will debut.

Action Comics #1 is scheduled for release on September 7, with Superman #1 out on September 28.

Original story: Superman and Lois Lane are the latest celebrity couple to split up, according to a report on TMZ.

The gossip blog cites "sources at DC Comics" in their report that Clark Kent and Lois Lane are not only unmarried in the post-Flashpoint Superman #1, they're not even together. Lois has a new boyfriend, according to the site, though the post doesn't say who it is.

Since the announcement of the September "DCnU" relaunch, rumors and speculation have flourished that Superman's marriage was as good as dead, but this would be the first confirmation from the publisher. Last month, DC co-publisher Dan DiDio told the site PopcornBiz that the marriage was being "reexamined."

Superman #1, by George Perez and Jesus Merino, is scheduled for release on September 28. That series is set to take place in the present, while the Grant Morrison-written, Rags Morales-illustrated Action Comics #1 details the Man of Steel's early superhero career.

I'm not watching it till I get either HD yt or I just see it at the cinema.

July 27th Releases

DARK HORSE COMICS

STRANGE CASE OF MR HYDE #4 (OF 4) $3.50

USAGI YOJIMBO #139 $3.50

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #903 (DOOMSDAY) $2.99

AMERICAN VAMPIRE #17 (MR) $2.99

BATMAN STREETS OF GOTHAM HC VOL 03 HOUSE OF HUSH $22.99

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #4 (RES) $2.99

BLACKEST NIGHT RISE OF THE BLACK LANTERNS TP $19.99

BLACKEST NIGHT TALES OF THE CORPS TP $19.99

BRIGHTEST DAY AFTERMATH SEARCH FOR SWAMP THING #2 (OF 3) $2.99

CARTOON NETWORK ACTION PACK #62 $2.99

DC COMICS PRESENTS SHAZAM #1 $7.99

DC RETROACTIVE GREEN LANTERN THE 70S #1 $4.99

DC RETROACTIVE JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA THE 70S #1 $4.99

DC RETROACTIVE SUPERMAN THE 70S #1 $4.99

DETECTIVE COMICS #880 $2.99

FABLES #107 (MR) $2.99

FLASHPOINT ABIN SUR THE GREEN LANTERN #1 (OF 3) 2ND PTG $2.99

FLASHPOINT HAL JORDAN #2 (OF 3) $2.99

FLASHPOINT KID FLASH LOST #2 (OF 3) $2.99

FLASHPOINT LOIS LANE AND THE RESISTANCE #2 (OF 3) $2.99

FLASHPOINT PROJECT SUPERMAN #2 (OF 3) $2.99

GEARS OF WAR #18 (MR) $2.99

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #25 $2.99

GREEN ARROW #14 $2.99

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #62 $2.99

GREEN LANTERN EMERALD WARRIORS #12 $2.99

JUSTICE HC $39.99

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #53 $2.99

TEEN TITANS #98 $2.99

WONDER WOMAN #613 $2.99

XOMBI #5 $2.99

YOUNG JUSTICE #6 $2.99

IDW PUBLISHING

AMAZING 3D COMICS HC $39.99

ARCHIES MAD HOUSE HC VOL 01 (NOTE PRICE) $34.99

COBRA ONGOING #3 $3.99

DOCTOR WHO ONGOING VOL 2 #7 $3.99

GI JOE ANIMATED TP RENEGADES VOL 04 $7.99

GODZILLA KINGDOM OF MONSTERS #5 $3.99

IRON SIEGE TP $17.99

JOE HILL THE CAPE #1 (OF 4) $3.99

JOHN BYRNE NEXT MEN #8 $3.99

KILL SHAKESPEARE #12 (OF 12) $3.99

RIP KIRBY HC VOL 04 $49.99

SPINECRAWLER GN $17.99

TRANSFORMERS HC COMPLETE ALL HAIL MEGATRON $75.00

TRANSFORMERS ONGOING TP VOL 03 $19.99

TRANSFORMERS PRIME TP VOL 02 $7.99

TRUE BLOOD TAINTED LOVE LEGACY ED #1 (MR) $4.99

ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS UNDERCITY #4 (OF 4) $3.99

IMAGE COMICS

68 (SIXTY EIGHT) #3 (OF 4) CVR A NAT JONES & JAY FOTOS $3.99

68 (SIXTY EIGHT) #3 (OF 4) CVR B NAT JONES $3.99

AGE OF BRONZE #32 (MR) $3.50

ARTIFACTS #9 (OF 13) CVR A LEON $3.99

ARTIFACTS #9 (OF 13) CVR B KEOWN $3.99

ARTIFACTS #9 (OF 13) CVR C CHRISTOPHER $3.99

ARTIFACTS TP VOL 02 $14.99

AVENGELYNE #1 CVR D BENITEZ $2.99

BOMB QUEEN ALL GIRL SPEC #1 (MR) $3.50

BUTCHER BAKER RIGHTEOUS MAKER #5 (MR) $2.99

DARKNESS COMPENDIUM EDITION TP NEW PTG $69.99

HAUNT #17 $2.99

HAUNT IMMORTAL ED HC VOL 01 $34.99

INVINCIBLE #81 $2.99

LAST MORTAL #3 (OF 4) (MR) $3.99

MISSION #6 $2.99

NETHERWORLD #3 (OF 5) (MR) $3.99

SUPER DINOSAUR #3 VAR CVR 2ND PTG $2.99

SUPER DINOSAUR #4 $2.99

UNDYING LOVE #4 (MR) $2.99

VAULT #1 (OF 3) $3.50

WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #30 (MR) $2.99

WHO IS JAKE ELLIS #5 (MR) $2.99

WITCH DOCTOR #1 (OF 4) VAR CVR 2ND PTG $2.99

WITCHBLADE REDEMPTION TP VOL 03 $19.99

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #666 SPI $3.99

ASTONISHING SPIDER-MAN AND WOLVERINE PREM HC $24.99

ASTONISHING X-MEN #40 $3.99

AVENGERS ACADEMY TP VOL 01 PERMANENT RECORD $19.99

AVENGERS BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS TP VOL 01 $19.99

BLACK WIDOW KISS OR KILL TP $12.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #620 $2.99

CRIMINAL LAST OF INNOCENT #2 (OF 4) (MR) $3.50

DEADPOOLMAX #10 (OF 12) (MR) $3.99

DISNEY MUPPETS PRESENTS MEET MUPPETS #1 $5.99

EMMA #5 (OF 5) $3.99

ESSENTIAL PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN TP VOL 05 $19.99

FEAR ITSELF #1 (OF 7) 3RD PTG MCNIVEN SKETCH VAR (PP #977) $3.99

FEAR ITSELF #2 (OF 7) 3RD PTG MCNIVEN SKETCH VAR (PP #977) $3.99

FEAR ITSELF DEEP #2 (OF 4) FEAR $2.99

FEAR ITSELF WORTHY #1 FEAR $3.99

FF #7 $2.99

HALO FALL OF REACH COVENANT #2 (OF 4) (MR) $3.99

INCREDIBLE HULKS #633 $2.99

MIGHTY THOR #4 $3.99

MMW X-MEN TP VOL 03 $24.99

MMW X-MEN TP VOL 03 DM VAR ED 31 $24.99

NEW MUTANTS #28 $2.99

SECRET AVENGERS #15 FEAR $3.99

SECRET WARRIORS #28 $2.99

SPIDER-MAN #16 $2.99

SPIDER-MAN BLUE TP $19.99

SPIDER-MAN COMPLETE BEN REILLY EPIC TP BOOK 01 $39.99

SPIDER-MAN FANTASTIC FOUR TP $14.99

STAND NO MANS LAND PREM HC $24.99

ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT #3 (OF 6) DOSM $3.99

UNCANNY X-FORCE #12 $3.99

VENOM #2 2ND PTG MOORE VAR (PP #977) $2.99

VENOM #5 SPI $2.99

WOLVERINE AND DEADPOOL DECOY #1 $3.99

WOLVERINE BEST THERE IS #8 $3.99

X-MEN LEGACY #252 $2.99

X-MEN LEGACY AFTERMATH PREM HC $19.99

X-MEN SCHISM #2 (OF 5) $3.99

ZOMBIES CHRISTMAS CAROL #3 (OF 5) $3.99

I see Invincible has been pushed back from this week.

It annoys me that Kirkman got Vince and Walking Dead in hand, but somehow only Walking Dead makes it out this week.

BUT....on the other hand...I think the last time this happened the U.S. got it a week later than the U.K.

Maybe we will be lucky tomorrow/won't hold out though.

I'm not watching it till I get either HD yt or I just see it at the cinema.

You can barely see/hear anything anyway. Apart from 1000 comic geeks cumming and screaming.

Superman October Solicitations

SB_Cv2_asdfajksdlfk7a8s7d6f87a2jj234liaus32.jpg

Superboy 2

Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E. has put a lot of effort into creating their Superboy, and they intend to make sure he performs to their standards. And what better opportunity for him to demonstrate his raw power than to throw him into an alien prison riot? Good luck, Superboy… you’re going to need it!

SG_Cv2_dpdeudslmdwdkymysirtba03154109847509384752340.jpg

Supergirl 2

Get ready for a super-smackdown as Supergirl fights her cousin, The Man of Steel! What could cause these two to come to blows? Can the teenage Supergirl hold her own against the adult Superman? Well, let’s just say she’s got a trick or two up those fancy new sleeves of hers…
Edited by Dante

DC Announces The Hardcover Collection Of The New 52: 1216 Pages Of DC Relaunch #1′s In One Book

This September, DC Entertainment is making history by launching 52 #1 DC Comics issues starring the World’s Greatest Super-Heroes. To commemorate this milestone occasion, DC Entertainment will be releasing DC COMICS: THE NEW 52, a massive hardcover collection that collects every single one of these debut issues. Hitting stores on December 7th just in time for the holiday season, this 1,216-page compilation will sell for $150.00 and include such issues as:

• JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee

• ACTION COMICS #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales

• BATMAN #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo

• GREEN LANTERN #1 by Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke

• SWAMP THING #1 by Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette

• STORMWATCH #1 by Paul Cornell and Miguel Sepulveda

• TEEN TITANS #1 by Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth

• And 45 more!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/18/dc-announces-the-hardcover-collection-of-the-new-52-1216-pages-of-dc-relaunch-1s-in-one-book/

Jesus.

And - Asrar = so good.

When I move out/if I have enough money I might buy Hush Unwrapped as a "coffee table book". I kind of hate myself for this.

I'm actually really excited about the Superman reboot. I can get over Superboy's costume change because of Kal-El's getup in Action Comics. Also the more I see Supes' full on costume the more I'm warming to it. I wonder how long he will keep his DIY costume in AC.

Also really happy they are going back to Superman's blue collar origins.

In fact I like all the changes (except I prefer the first cover we saw to this one. His shirt's blue is more muted for starters). Probably because basically all the Superman I've read involves him being a massive tool. I also never liked Lois Lane.

Are people actually enjoying Flashpoint? I've read about half the relevant comics and I'm really enjoying it. This is my first 'event' so I have nothing to measure it against.

Knight of Vengeance and Reverse Flash are definitely the two standouts for me.

Flashpoint: Abin Sur is also pretty rad. Maybe because it actually mentions the 'Flashpoint' as a thing so you know it's going to be relevant (Like how the Hell is Grodd of War going to be relevant to the continuity?!).