NEurope

WB Animation announces Justice League: Doom

Warner Bros. Animation will follow Green Lantern: Emerald Knights and Batman: Year One with an animated feature “loosely inspired” by the 2000 JLA story arc “Tower of Babel.”

Announced Friday at WonderCon in San Francisco by executive producer Bruce Timm, the tentatively titled Justice League: Doom is the last work of respected writer and producer Dwayne McDuffie, who passed away on Feb. 22.

Written by Mark Waid and illustrated by Howard Porter, Drew Geraci and others, “Tower of Babel” centers on the perceived betrayal of the Justice League by Batman, whose secret files detailing the weaknesses of his colleagues fall into the hands of Ra’s al Ghul. He uses the information to incapacitate the League while distracting Batman with the theft of the bodies of Thomas and Martha Wayne. The revelation that the Dark Knight had devises contingency plans to defeat each of his teammates naturally creates friction, leading the JLA to consider expelling him from their ranks.

Elements of “Tower of Babel” were incorporated into “Starcrossed,” the 2004 three-part series finale of the Justice League animated series.

Justice League: Doom is set to be Warner Bros. Animation’s first direct-to-DVD feature of 2012.

Was just gonna post this myself. Hopefully it'll turn out well, Towel of Babel was a pretty good story.

Well Ivan Reis is the artist for Aquaman, something that I think everyone saw coming really...

Re Reading Grant Morrisons X-men and...he is only ever amazing when paired with Quitely although Bachalo is good. But it actually seems to impair his writing and plot. The rest of the stories are slightly above good.

Btw who would win, Thor Vs Superman

Steve Rogers Vs Batman

Edited by DomJcg

Sweet, Reis on Aquaman means it'll be great.

I'm borrowing Ultimate Doom which is apparently good and All Star Superman from a friend. :)

Sweet, Reis on Aquaman means it'll be great.

I'm borrowing Ultimate Doom which is apparently good and All Star Superman from a friend. :)

Have you not read all star superman...?

How? its literally the best ever

ReZ you know what date that was?

I think they mayhaps be pulling a leg or three...

Its Kirkman. Could be either way.

That is amazing. Never even heard of Granito before. Someone needs to do that to Greg Land. But then stab them at the end so he won't work on high level Marvel stuff again.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

Written by ED BRUBAKER

Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

1301918110.jpg&w=250

Marvel Entertainment is proud to announce Captain America #1, the first issue of an all new ongoing series premiering in July from two of the comic industry’s most acclaimed creators—writer Ed Brubaker (Death of Captain America) and artist Steve McNiven (Civil War)!

Steve Rogers is back as Captain America but when a mysterious figure from his past returns with the Sentinel of Liberty in his crosshairs, deadly secrets will surface—and send shockwaves through the lives of everyone Steve holds dear. An all-new, high octane Captain America series begins here, just in time for the First Avenger’s highly anticipated feature film from Marvel Studios.

“I gave myself a few challenges for this new #1 - I wanted to do the perfect Cap comic for anyone who walks out of the Cap movie and wants to know what's next, but it also had to build on everything I've done on the book beforehand, too, and feel like the natural next step,” explained Brubaker. “Thank God Brevoort wrangled me Steve McNiven to pull all this off. Steve is at the top of his game, and no one draws action like him. I can't wait for these issues to start coming out.”

McNiven revealed, “Captain America has been a character I've wanted to work on in more depth since Civil War, a real icon of the Marvel Universe. Not only do I get to run with Cap, but Ed Brubaker, a guy who has redefined the character at Marvel, is writing the books and he's come up with an absolutely brilliant storyline that I can't wait for folks to read.”

Perfect for readers new and old alike, the extra-sized Captain America #1 kicks off the next big chapter in the life of Steve Rogers, courtesy of superstars Ed Brubaker and Steve McNiven!

DC's RETRO-ACTIVE

This past weekend at WonderCon, VP of Sales, Bob Wayne, announced RETRO-ACTIVE. Published throughout July and August 2011, these are exactly the kinds of one-shots people often associate with summer. RETRO-ACTIVE reunites classic writers and artists with classic characters Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Justice League of America, returning to the interpretations they are best known for. Each of these series will have 3 one-shots that pay homage respectively to the‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s.

Curious to know who will be writing these?

The 70’s

Superman: Martin Pasko

Wonder Woman: Dennis O’Neil

The Flash: Cary Bates

Justice League of America: Cary Bates

Green Lantern: Dennis O’Neil

Batman: Len Wein

The 80’s

Superman: Marv Wolfman

Wonder Woman: Roy Thomas

The Flash: William Messner-Loebs

Justice League of America: Gerry Conway

Green Lantern: Len Wein

Batman: Mike W. Barr

The 90’s

Superman: Louise Simonson

Wonder Woman: William Messner-Loebs

The Flash: Brian Augustyn

Justice League of America: Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis

Green Lantern: Ron Marz

Batman: Alan Grant

Each title in the series will feature 26 new story pages with 20 pages of classic stories, running at $4.99 a piece. Keep checking back to THE SOURCE as we reveal full creative teams, artwork, and more details about RETRO-ACTIVE in the coming weeks and months.

That is amazing. Never even heard of Granito before. Someone needs to do that to Greg Land. But then stab them at the end so he won't work on high level Marvel stuff again.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

Written by ED BRUBAKER

Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

1301918110.jpg&w=250

While it'll be nice to get Steve Rogers back as Cap I wish this hadnt happened so soon. They did such a good job with Bucky as Cap that it should have taken 5-10 years at least.

It does get a bit annoying with super hero movies doing so well these days that comics feel the need to cash in on them for advertising. Like how Spider-Man just happened to be back in the black suit in time for Spider-Man 3.

Well you can't really blame Marvel for trying to cash in on the movie. As long as Brubaker is writing it I'll be picking it up :)

They're doing the same thing with Thor this month.

Still no Image books from last week at my LCS!!

Need to wait till this Wednesday now.

White Lantern revealed:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/05/big-brightest-day-spoilers-you-will-kill-youself-if-you-read/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

The theory I have heard the most since speculation on who would be the white lantern has been Swamp Thing so im not suprised by this in the slightest

Gah. Was so close to clicking. Don't know whether to click. Is it revealed this issue or next? I.e. now or two weeks?

P.S. going to London tomorrow and gonna grab Fear Itself I reckon. Can't wait till potential delivery tomorrow PM. It has been given 4.5 stars from CBR which is unusual for a (1st issue of a Marvel event) to score so highly, right?

I think the reveal does come in this weeks issue.

Where do you go in London to get issues then?

I think the reveal does come in this weeks issue.

Where do you go in London to get issues then?

I'll pop to Forbidden Planet, but only because;

- Its the easiest to pop to

- They often have 1in10/25 variants on shelf at same price

- I like browsing around at the shit

I might pick up Brightest Day aswell...lol.

I really do need to go to Forbidden Planet one day, ive never actually been. Do they have a good trade collection, or at least a good amount of older stuff as well?

I really do need to go to Forbidden Planet one day, ive never actually been. Do they have a good trade collection, or at least a good amount of older stuff as well?

Shit tonnes. Like...shit tonnes.

I'm not 100% sure on older older stuff, but if its in print they'll pretty much have it*.

*Exaggeration.

The prices aren't great though. Mostly RRP or just generally "too much" for what you get.

Gah. Was so close to clicking. Don't know whether to click. Is it revealed this issue or next? I.e. now or two weeks?

P.S. going to London tomorrow and gonna grab Fear Itself I reckon. Can't wait till potential delivery tomorrow PM. It has been given 4.5 stars from CBR which is unusual for a (1st issue of a Marvel event) to score so highly, right?

Eh i can about 80% say you don't know who the person is

I thought it was going to be Don Hall...

Just finished reading Fear Itself #1, seemed ok but as im not really a big Asgard or Thor fan im expecting a lot of this event will fall flat for me.

Apparently the issue has now been sold out everywhere in the world and taken off the internet forever.

Were you referring to Fear Itself? Lol.

Anyway, yeah. Incredibly busy couple of days. I was gonna go to FP yesterday with a friend of mine, but the guy we were meeting up (is contracting working in the LEGO buildings just next to FP) and he was in (The Intrepid Fox, an oft-intruiging establishment to me, and I finally went in there) and it transpired that he had (essentially/lol) skyved off for the rest of the day (with his boss/;thing) so we didn't.

Anyway, went back into London today (for something else...good stuff thread leters/if you care/etc) and popped into Orbital Comics avec mon father. Showed him a bit of Chew "This is what I R was talking about earlier" and he was impressed by (the shop) and (it all). And anywa.y....I picked upp Brightest Day and Fear Itself.

Fear Itself

Definitely enjoyable. Especially 44 pages of story and art for $3.99. Two comics worth! I guess the other issues won't be as big. I do hope the rest isn't delayed though. Should think it'll be okay, seeing as Immonen got such a hefty head start. Anyway, I pretty much enjoyed it and found it to be pretty solid really. Good setup and I like that (they're fucked or whatever). Its a shame "The Worthy" teasers ran really....as just the reveal in this issue would have been fantastic if it wasn't teased before hand. As it was, it fell a little flat.

Good stuff though. Artwork was just good.... not mind blowing really. Although I like the areas of cross hatching, it gives an air of Copiel about it. Also I really liked the colouring and specifically colour choice of some bits, like the magic unsealing of the God Of Fears chamber, thats a real purdy panel.

Not crazy about the lettering...Epililipaiuds or whatever his name is a legendary letterer, but I don't like the "perfect circle" and then large font....way of doing it. So I mean yeah...good though! A good start.

Brightest Day.

I'm not even spoiler tagging it, because for anyone who doesn't know it'll (probably) be such a big let down anyway. Although the issue was good (but again, the best thing was ruined by the front cover. Fucking wish Brightest Day didn't do that. They've done it fucking constantly for the whole run!) anyway....fucking Swamp Thing? Seriously? What.....uhj.