• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Batman Inc #9 & #10 turns into Batman Inc: Leviathon Strikes:

Batman Incorporated #8

Solicited for release on June 22, 2011

Missing for Five Weeks

Many of Grant Morrison’s Batman titles have been hosted by delays in the past few years, but just how this one has developed caught our attention. DC regularly updates release dates for late titles on its website, but currently they have "Batman Incorporated" #8 not coming out until August 24, two weeks after #9 is scheduled. When asked about this, DC clarified the situation (and gave us the exclusive) that #9 and #10 would be released as an over-sized one-shot titled "Batman Incorporated: Leviathon Strikes," to serve as a bridge to the new "Batman Incorporated" series coming out in early 2012.

If I do make my leap back into buying floppies come september (who knows how long it'll last If I do), I've been trying to make a list of stuff I'll get. In terms of stuff I actively want to read:

DC

Action Comics

Justice League

Wonder Woman

Animal Man

Batgirl

Batman (of some sort)/Inc/Leviathan/Morrison's one.

Marvel

Uncanny X-Men

X-Men Legacy

Schism

Ultimate Comics X-Men/Ultimate Spidey/Ultimates

Invincible

Walking Dead

I would have to cut back on that sadly. Get rid of the Image stuff and a couple of the DC. But then I'll get the first issues and maybe decide on that. Suprised at the lack of Marvel variety but then I'm really reading nothing other than X-Men and Ultimate stuff atm. I'm more excited for DC.

Good idea actually, if this relaunch draws me back into singles (which I doubt will last past the issue 1s) then I guess id try and get:

DC

Justice League

Teen Titans

Batgirl

Nightwing

Superman

The Flash

Green Lantern

Green Lantern New Guardians

Marvel

Ultimate Spider-Man

Avengers

New Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

Wolverine and the X-Men (If thats its proper name)

Most others id just be willing to wait for the trades but as I said, I dont see me carrying on with singles past the first issues.

CGI Batgirl Show

Yesterday, the final episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold aired in the UK. Viewers were surprised with the short clip below of Barbara Gordon fighting crime, CGI style.

Is there more to DC's recent decision to move Barbara Gordon from her wheelchair and place her back into the Batgirl cowl? Whether this was just a fun treat for fans or something that's in active development at Cartoon Network remains to be seen.

Just finished reading Ultimate Fallout #4. The new Spider-Man seems ok but my only problem is that at least during fights, theres pretty much no difference to Peter Parker Spider-Man so its feeling a bit like "whats the point?". If theyre gonna kill off Peter and bring in a new Spider-Man then make him a new Spider-Man, otherwise id much rather be reading about Ultimate Peter Parker.

Gonna read that in a bit. ^

I spent the last few days catching up with Bryan Q Miller's Batgirl, finally on the latest issue now. I absolutely love this series - same kinda love I have/had for Ultimate Spidey and stuff, but maybe even more? Written so well, and has made me laugh out loud a tonne of times. I love the dialogue, and general 'yes'-ness. Like in the latest one when you see Harmony's speech bubble going 'Is that ALL you got?!', but then the next panel is her going 'Yeah...I'm done.' and just not bothering to try and fight, since realistically, she'd lose against the greats.

I'll miss this series. :( I'm looking foward to the new Batgirl, but it's such a shame to lose this character too. She was being so well developed, and it was just a funny little book that really delivered as a comic each issue. The 'modernity' or whatever of the writing was tempered with old-fashioned action, and it was always paced excellently - it makes you wonder how much can actually be crammed into a comic book these day, but isn't, to draw storylines out.

Her relationship with Damian. :bowdown:

I love the one where she just has to deal with Klarion taking her to Limbo town. Come on Queen of wearing a bonnet.

And just generally how she's great, but still quite bad. Remembering she was the terrible Spoiler, but is actually qualified these days.

Be a massive shame to see it go. :( At least it seems to be 'concluding' purposefully. I wonder what the actual ending to the series will be.

batgirl_24_cover_by_duss005-d3glx5r.jpg

Yeah, really annoying. Just seems like a massive waste of a character to have built her up (and she has a solid fan/cult following it seems) and then just toss her aside. I guess they REALLY wanted Babs as Batgirl, and with Batwoman and Catwoman getting titles too, a foruth female Bat-character might've seemed too much. :/

I also liked how it seemed to be in 'Seasons' too. Was it not 'Batgirl Rising', 'The Flood' and 'The Lesson'? I liked that touch.

Jessica Jones And Hulk Shows Expected In The Next Pilot Season

Two Marvel-derived TV projects are edging closer to the small screen, with ABC planning to have AKA Jessica Jones and a Guillermo Del Toro produced Hulk both make their debut appearances during the next pilot season. ABC’s President Paul Lee made his promise during the TCA today.

All being well, we would likely see them start their seasons in the autumn of 2012. Or they might both go the way of Wonder Woman or, rather unbelivably, the wonderful Locke & Key.

I have reported on both of ABC’s Marvel shows, previously, as they were first uncovered.

Brian Michael Bendis’ walking, talking retcon, Jessica Jones, is headed to television. As the name of her original comics, Alias, has already been taken, the show has been given the name AKA Jessica Jones.

Twilight screenwriter, and sometime Dexter showrunner Melissa Rosenberg is the chief writer on the project. Variety report that it will be the first show from her Tall Girls Productions and, if it keeps moving ahead as it has been, will likely beat Guillermo Del Toro’s Hulk series to the air.

Seems that the Hulk may have nosed up and they’re now neck-a-neck. According to Del Toro, speaking to FEARNet a few weeks ago, he and co-producer David Eick handed in an outline in May, have since revised that, and should by now have turned in a script.

The prospect of a Hulk TV show airing so soon after The Avengers has brought Big Green back to the big screen is an interesting one. Will tele-Hulk benefit from the high profile and massive marketing of cine-Hulk?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/07/jessica-jones-and-hulk-shows-expected-in-the-next-pilot-season/

1312812507.jpg

Well we knew Emma would lead the new Uncanny X-Men team, but interesting blacked out ones. Magneto (obviously), and what looks to be Juggernaut. Interesting. I haven't been following Fear Itself so I dunno what's gonna happen to him apart from what's going on currently in Uncanny. To the left looks a bit weird. Might be Danger. STRANGE team if so.

Oh I'm stunned. That would make sense. This team feels so evil/rogueish already. Some people are saying it's Magick with her soulsword to the right of Emma, but I see a jacket and it looks like it might be Gambit. But then I see the end of a plait/d too and it might be Moonstar.

Even so, either are always betraying the X-Men. This team is nasty.

Its a hard one to try and guess really. You try and assume who would go with eachother. Like Kitty and Colossus etc but then I think its also a safe bet that the writers will want to mix some of the characters up. Like for example you think that might be Gambit. Now would Gambit just stick with Rogue or maybe even X23 who you would assume would stay with Wolverine. Rogue also doesnt have a very good relationship with Cyclops (I know he may not even be around but its still considered his side) but she is also currently with Magneto.

Im just glad something is happening to mix things up in the X-Men books. I think the events theyve had have all been good but so many stories inbetween have been a bit boring for me. Im sick of the mutant nation and Utopia. Im looking forward to seeing the Mansion again. Hopefully the two books will be differently tones. Like Uncanny being the Utopia nation stuff and Wolverines being the old adventure style X-Men books. I live in hope anyway.

Yeah...while many people on CBR seem to think this era has been shit while praising the Claremont era etc, which I disagree with as I can't stand Claremont's writing/scripting, I understand what they mean from a story/plot standpoint. I look foward to X-Men going back to more 'adventure' based plots. Though they'd argue Astonishing and adjectiveless is that now, but to me they basically just seem like completely irrelevant titles.

The shrinkening of the mutant race has meant most of the threats have been human or thereabouts. Which is interesting, but I'm over it now. I understand why they didn't want to keep Morrison's mutant boom intact (where there were millions and millions of mutants in the world as opposed to the sortof..estimated <1million there was assumed to be before then), as it actually makes mutant and human coexist, but they could have run with it a b it more before retconning it. However much I love Morrison though, I do understand the retcons/changes to the mutant population and Magneto/Xorn, as good things have come out of it.

Its gonna be interesting to see what happens at the end of Avengers Childrens Crusade with Scarlet Witch now repowering mutants. I do hope she sticks around and it isnt reversed again. Plus weve got the new mutants reappearing since Hope came back so with both of those it'd nice to get back to an acceptable level of mutant population.

Haters gon' hate but I really liked the last two issues of New Avengers. The 50s Avengers story was an absolute car crash but it actually had a decent payoff hidden in there somewhere. The present day stuff was excellently done, espcially

with new powers! Seeing her smash up a nazi mech and jump around felt incredibly 'super human' in a way that's not always portrayed with any impact in comics. Also, the shot of Avengers Tower coming down was a knockout. Amazing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!