NEurope

I've just started reading Red Robin on a bit of a whim. Very cool series from Chris Yost. Nice slice of espionage tinged round the world action. Love the costume too - What's the history behind that? I've only ever seen it in Kingdom Come before.

Anyway, well worth a look if you're curious.

Jason Todd was given the costume during Countdown from Bruce in one of the alternate Earths and wore it for a while as Red Robin. Tim then took it on when he wanted to distance himself from the Batman family as he felt he'd be crossing some lines in his search for Bruce.

Nice to see someone else getting into Red Robin, thats one of my favourite Batman family titles along with Batgirl. Im not a massive fan of the costume myself though, dont really like the cowl. Its a shame because there is an alternate version he wears when in the unternet (villian internet type thing) which is a mixture of Red Robin and Nightwing, much better.

Ignore the writing

tumblr_lfums65jHb1qcthzxo1_500.png

Did anyone read Gates of Gotham?

Pretty haunting with all the bodies in the water, and I do love me some Hush

:)

I ordered it. Should be here soon. Really looking forward to it.

Any good?

Oh man this should be fun....

Wow thats gotta be one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

I don't know who the fuck this guy is but,

"I just lost his card and can’t remember the other specific details, but nobody can prove it didn’t happen."

tumblr_ljkahzoZ671qanb21o1_500.gif

I messaged Marc Guggenheim on FB and was surprised to receive a response from him.

Michael Jamieson

No Ordinary Family Comic -

Please tell me this thought has crossed your mind?

4 hours agoMarc Guggenheim

It absolutely has -- but unfortunately, there's no appetite for it at the moment.

Ordered a new trade:

516DuY7n%2B%2BL.jpg

I'll probably get some of the Superman New Krypton ones next week along with the second Red Robin trade I think. Still got the problem of where to store all these new ones though, I dont really like just piling them ontop of eachother.

I thought you might like that.

Gates of Gotham still hasn't arrived. Grrr. Still haven't caught up on Batman Inc or Beyond. And I've got an exam on Monday...so maybe a good thing.

flashpointmapv6.jpg

Oh man, people have decided that DC is just trying to be racist now :)

You're racist for saying it.

How you getting on with Avengers Dan? No one believes me how awesome it is, tell them.

It has begun. Did you like issue 7?

Yeah ha :heh:, I love the way Kirkman sort of makes 4th wall references but isn't quite doing that. E.g the comic book signing where they talk about reusing the same pictures :p

Hopefully that makes sense.

Yeah ha :heh:, I love the way Kirkman sort of makes 4th wall references but isn't quite doing that. E.g the comic book signing where they talk about reusing the same pictures :p

Hopefully that makes sense.

Mind recapping what happened from 7 onwards? my memory is foggy (I am on issue...79 now) but yeh, it hits the ground running and builds up from there. Just wait til 25 :)

As we were talking about Marvel the other day it got me thinking about the current status' of the heroes/teams and if I was happy with them:

Spider-man - I dont think its exactly a secret that I dont like whats been done with him.

X-Men - I really dont like the whole nation angle thats been taken with them. I just hope it gets back to the school or just a team going on their merry mutant adventures.

Avengers - While im mostly enjoying the stories here, I think there are too many teams and it could probably be condensed a bit.

Iron Man - Not really been reading it since Siege but what little I did of the new business he started didnt really interest me.

I dont like lack of progression in books so my complaints probably sound weird but I feel a lot of the characters lately in Marvel have moved away from their origins and its not really working out.

Mind recapping what happened from 7 onwards? my memory is foggy (I am on issue...79 now) but yeh, it hits the ground running and builds up from there. Just wait til 25 :)

Dad kills the defenders of the globe, Mark fights him, Dad runs off, new defenders created/ being told to do better.

Eve with William Mark with normal girl. Mum just talked to superpatriot's wife. That's about it, up to 15.

That alreet?

You're racist for saying it.

How you getting on with Avengers Dan? No one believes me how awesome it is, tell them.

Seen 11 now- with Black Panther being a bit of a G. It's actually excellent. Because it's written by Chris Yost, it's actually just like an animated version of the comics. In parts, it's just the MU in all its glory. No concessions or re imaginings, no cut corners or anything. It's great.

The only thing I don't really like is how they've done Iron Man- they've followed the humour but they've not really kept his serious side or the drive that makes him who he is.

Animation is tops, too. It's chunky and bold like Justice League but obviously on a much higher budget. For one thing, it's really fast, which is boss. Particularly with fist fights and stuff.