NEurope

Splinter Cell series

Hey guys, if I were planning on getting a Splinter Cell game for the GC (I never played any of them), which one would you recomend?

I've read many downs of all of them, like N-Europe says Pandora Tomorrow is too dark for its own good (playing the whole game with the night vision goggles means playing the whole game in b/w, which is lame), other sources say that Chaos Theory has loading times of over a minute (!!) and I know all of them are bad ports of the X-Box. This makes the decision kinda hard but now you can find the SC games for around €5, so what would you recomend? :)

actually they are all equally crap in their port-ishness (is that a word?). these games were never meant to be played on a gamecube and they shouldn't.

for five euro you can get two shots of tequilla in a bar. money well spent.

I have the first two on Cube, and while it lasted I really enjoyed the first! I'd definitely recommend it if you fancy a bit of stealth action. I've nothing in particular against Pandorra Tomorrow, its just that it didn't grab me like the original and so I have yet to complete it.

For five euro you couldn't go wrong really.

I've played Chaos Theory, it had huge loadings, was too dark, weird controlls, bad graphics when compared to the PC version (and probably the Xbox version too), and it needs 62 blocks of space in your memory card. So, no.

The PC and Xbox versions were far better. Not just graphically. Chaos Theory is a lot more open ended on the PC/Xbox version. The Co-Op is far better too.

While I agree that some of the ports to GameCube of Splinter Cell were not great, I have and completed all four of them and I loved every minute of them. If you've never seen Splinter Cell on Xbox then there's nothing really to compare them to. I think you should start with Choas Theory or Double Agent (if you can find it) as they are easily the better two of the series in my opinion. But if you can get a cheap Xbox its probably better that you buy them for that.

I remember having a bug on some Splinter Cell game I bought that made it crash at a certain point in the level. It was on a submarine... what ever that game/level was.

I don;t know why but I never played this game. I love stealth action games like MGS but just never had the inclination to pick it up even though it looked quite good and was apparently a very good game.

I'm also a big fan of other Tom Clancy games like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.

Well, I never played it either and I think I never will too. Not on GC, at least. If I ever buy a 360 down the line, and I plan to in a few years when its price drops to acceptable levels, I'll probably get a Splinter Cell game for that. But the more I read about the GC ones, the less I feel like getting one. I've never seen what the SC games do on X-box, but come on, I don't believe they are THAT advanced that the GC couldn't handle them, especially the first one that came out all those years ago. Ubisoft is just Ubisuck.

I love stealth action games like MGS

Ohh, but this is no MGS. This is the real stuff, like, ninja real. No mistakes allowed. I freaking love this series.

Get the Xbox versions if you can. I hate the series personally. I've got the original on the Xbox, and found it to be tedious trial and error shite, with stiff controls.

I have teh first 3 on the gamecube and double agent on the wii, its a series I love a lot and played them all to death. I dont know what the hate is all about.

Soag <3 Sam Fisher

This with tony hawks are the 2 series i just cannot get into one single bit. I never found out why.. no patience maybe.