N-Europe

I only have eyes for you!

Particle_Man

Are you sure your not just mocking us by showing us the greatest eye pictures ever, and knowing none of us has enough talent to take a photo a tenth of the beauty of yours?

No, I really wanted to start a thread with some actual creativity in...and for those with the sarcasm, please let the door hit you on the way out.

Guest Offerman

Having spoken to Particles a fair few times before, may I say that he is a god in photography. I take great respect in hes work, and whilst a few people might not appriciate it; now is not the time for sarcasm, and thusly it stops now.

I myself have a fairly good camera however I really lack the creativity, I more prefer just to admire the works of other photographers, and my favourite types are abstract, like we have here above and nature. One thing I would say it alot of cases its not the camera, its how you use it. Something Particle_Man really has grasped.

Anywho, here is a few I took last night. Its just me trying to play around with light, utilising my uber-sexy car headlamps.

head12iw.png

head24hq.png

head36bd.png

This one I took a few days ago...for car nuts out there I promise you I didnt rev it cold. :P

rev0fb.jpg

Anywho - awesome thread Particles. :)

Particle_man: youre pictures are awesome, just unbelieveable, did you photoshop the greenness of the eyes? i love how striking the green is against the greyscale skin. and how awesomly zoomed the 2nd pic is. You never fail to come up with the goods!

offerman: creativity in its finest, you love what your taking the pics of and it shows.

Just to say, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really think that no one on this forum would have a chance of taking a picture as nice as any of your particle_man. You and are pictures are godly. I'll try and get some pictures, bu tI don't want my lack of creativity and my general crappiness to show.

Just to say, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really think that no one on this forum would have a chance of taking a picture as nice as any of your particle_man. You and are pictures are godly. I'll try and get some pictures, bu tI don't want my lack of creativity and my general crappiness to show.

My reply wasn't aimed at you, but I realise now afterwards that it can be interpreted wrongly, and for that I must apologise to you for not being clear enough. You weren't one of the two earlier posters (no names mentioned :P) that seemingly thinks being offensive is a lifestyle.

I think the creativity board needs more activity, so that's why I thought of having some sort of weekly/monthly theme where everyone gets to create something from a given theme.

Particle_man: youre pictures are awesome, just unbelieveable, did you photoshop the greenness of the eyes? i love how striking the green is against the greyscale skin. and how awesomly zoomed the 2nd pic is. You never fail to come up with the goods!

Sadly, I do not have those striking green eyes naturally (they are a kind of blue and green, as they are in the second picture, which was only upped on the saturation and a better colour balance).

Guest Offerman

Yea same Jon. I've some of Particles fake wasp shots. Apparantly there are these flys in N.Europe that look just like wasps, and Particles have some pictures of them.

Perhaps you should show them a few of your plant photographs. They always show a huge range of contrast and colour.

I also favour picture three, that was just with my sidelights on so the AngelEye has been eluminated and the flash has penetrated the blue film on the fullbeam bulb and sort of given a blueish orb look. Probably couldnt do that again if I tried.

EDIT - And dont worry if you think your pics might not be up to scratch, you can always give it a shot. Its all about playing around until you get something that looks good.

• 5 weeks later...

I think the creativity board needs more activity, so that's why I thought of having some sort of weekly/monthly theme where everyone gets to create something from a given theme.

I'm abit late hear, but after reading a certain other thread (points at the 3D one) this thread kind of popped into my head for some reason. And with what you've said above Particle_Man, I totally agree with that proposal, but in the past we've tried to do things like this, but nothing seems to prosper any further.

So I thought I should post some eyes aswell. These eyes are taken out of my sketchbook, and are from just a general practice session.

practice_eye_sketches.png

• 1 month later...